Callaway UPro MX GPS

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the latest ad that we have here for Callaway and it is their new Upro that comes out in a couple of weeks. Below are the details. I rarely get caught up by products, but this one intrigues me quite a bit. Now you guys know that I never ask people to click on ads (we dont get paid by click here), but if you get a chance, click on the ad on the home page or in the forum and check out the video they have. It is VERY cool.

Callaway upro mx ushers in a new standard in Golf GPS with a host of intuitive technological advancements, thousands of preloaded courses and no annual fees. A multi-gesture, color touch screen allows golfers to easily navigate the device with the swipe of a finger. Each device comes preloaded with over 25,000 courses in Basic and GoMode for out of the box playability. Players can purchase the enhanced functionality of ProMode* – which includes actual aerial imagery of the courses and tour-style video flyovers – for a simple, one-time fee. Upro mx packs more technology and functionality into a GPS unit that boasts the best user experience on the market at a great low price.

upro-mx-prodoverview.jpg

I need to check that add out. Wouldve commented earlier but I needed to clean up the drool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
The video is great isn't it?

This looks like a very sweet user interface. The video looks amazing too!

I saw it in a banner on THP, if you see the banner, click it. Its a pretty cool page for the Upro and some cool videos

This does look interesting. I hear they have kept pushing back the availability date though.

I can only imagine what will be offered in GPS when I am ready to upgrade from mine. They already have one that is also a rangefinder, and the technology keeps getting better and better. I figure two more years with mine and I'll be ready to replace it.

I can't find the video!

• Admin
I can only imagine what will be offered in GPS when I am ready to upgrade from mine. They already have one that is also a rangefinder, and the technology keeps getting better and better. I figure two more years with mine and I'll be ready to replace it.

I can't find the video!

Click the ad on the home page Smalls. Then on the top right corner of the new page it says MX Video. Its cool.

Click the ad on the home page Smalls. Then on the top right corner of the new page it says MX Video. Its cool.

That's just it. I don't see the ad. I see the TaylorMade ad. Then in the forum I see the Blind9 ad, and when I open a thread I see the Bridgestone ad!

I just haven't got in synch yet with this particular ad!

That's just it. I don't see the ad. I see the TaylorMade ad. Then in the forum I see the Blind9 ad, and when I open a thread I see the Bridgestone ad!

I just haven't got in synch yet with this particular ad!

The Callaway ads can be found on the home page on the right hand side.
Or as a banner in the golf section
There is also a footer on the page in the forum that shows all the forum sections.

I was looking at the TGW site this weekend and was looking over all the GPS units and seen this one mentioned and went to Callaways site to check it out and was amazed . But when I was looking at it Saturday there was no Available May 13, 2011 posted like there is now .
I like the touch screen function !

I saw this a while back. I was very excited about it...until I realized I'd need to put on my every time I wanted to read the screen. lol

The Callaway ads can be found on the home page on the right hand side.
Or as a banner in the golf section
There is also a footer on the page in the forum that shows all the forum sections.

I am not seeing any of that!

On the home page, the Taylor Made R9 ad is at the top right. Below that is the BFit ad. The Miyazaki ad is on the left right after the Tour Spot section, and at the bottom right is the Golf4Her ad.

No banner ads at the bottom of any pages in the forum or forum sections! UGGGGH

Thanks, bridges. That was a cool video and it looks like a great product.

On a side note, JB shot an 82? hahaha

I have the upro, and my question about the new MX is when you get the pro-mode for the additional fee, does it load all the existing pro-mode courses on the unit or do you still have to go to the website and put those you're looking for? This is how it is for the older upro which also has a limited memory and therefore limited amount of courses you can load on the unit. It would be a tremendous improvement over the older upro if you can have all the pro-mode library onto the MX unit!

This GPS looks awesome. That video rocked! My father has the Upro and Nerfny as the UproGO. I guess it's only fitting that I get the Upro MX right? I really like the sleekness it has to it.

That looks incredible. I love technology and I'm blown away by what they keep coming up with.

That looks incredible. I love technology and I'm blown away by what they keep coming up with.

may have to grab one of these for the MC

That video was freaking awesome. These are the kinds of things I have no business watching.

Huge upgrade to the uPro family....this looks like it can tell you just about everything you want to know except for which club to hit Well maybe it does somehow hehe

I have the upro, and my question about the new MX is when you get the pro-mode for the additional fee, does it load all the existing pro-mode courses on the unit or do you still have to go to the website and put those you're looking for? This is how it is for the older upro which also has a limited memory and therefore limited amount of courses you can load on the unit. It would be a tremendous improvement over the older upro if you can have all the pro-mode library onto the MX unit!

This is my big question, as I already have a Upro. I want to learn more details about how existing owners and their Promode courses will be handled on the Upro MX. Really, I don't need the Upro MX as the Upro does everything I'd want it to do, but I'm a sucker for new technology, so that's why I'm interested. The Promode feature is really nice not so much for the flyovers (unless you are on a new course), but more for the ability to determine things like layup distances and such.

Back