Callaway UPro MX GPS

I emailed the support guy Ive been dealing with to see if he knew anything about today's supposed update, havent heard back though

Latest update:

June 21, 2011

Dear valued upro mx user,

I want to provide you with the latest update on the status of the uxplore site.

We are making progress and are confident that we will deliver the uxplore online service shortly. We are getting close, folks!

For those of you who have been waiting on Pro Mode, I understand the importance of this feature to enhancing your golf game. Pro Mode will truly bring out the best in the device and we are working to get it in your hands as soon as possible.

For those who may have only recently purchased your upro mx device, I would like to remind you of a few key points:

- You can use your device out of the box in Basic and GoMode without registering on callawayuxplore.com
- We have made the User Guide (hyperlink) and the FAQs (hyperlink) available online to help you get familiar with your new device. There are training videos on the device itself, which can be accessed from the main menu.
- Please remember to take advantage of our free ProMode course offer by submitting your name and contact information here (registration hyperlink).

I will continue provide you details here as we work to get the site up and running. Thank you all for your patience and continued loyalty to Callaway Golf.

Sincerely,

Dr Alan Hocknell
Sr. VP Research and Development
Callaway Golf

I'm not getting any emails either, nor do I see this on the uxplore website -- that still shows the note from June 17. But it's still before 10pm Pacific time.

I hope "soon" is before this weekend.

I'm not getting any emails either, nor do I see this on the uxplore website -- that still shows the note from June 17. But it's still before 10pm Pacific time.

I hope "soon" is before this weekend.

Im guessing end of next week!

I will wait to be sure that functionality is available from day 1 though because during the original uPro launch they rolled out Scoring Plus a full year behind the promise date.

I feel like a prophet. Callaway needs to outsource their programming work. They are 0 for 2. Breaks my heart because I wanted this to be a big improvement and a must have for me.

Im guessing end of next week!

Sadly, I think your estimate is more likely. I'm golfing a challenging course on July 1 for which ProMode would be an immense help. I'd really like it by then. And I have a week of vacation golf starting July 9 (four different courses during the week, with lots of hazards) -- if don't have ProMode for those courses, I might lose my sweet disposition.

I am displeased with their latest message. They don't even lis a date when they will communicate an update. I've had this thing for a month now:angry:

Yes, I would much appreciate some daily feedback on the updates.
Still never got a dang email. Go figure.
I'm playing a new course this weekend, too. Our entire group has never played there. Guess we'll have to figure it out old-school.

yeah it is a shame no date is mentioned, but what good does it do if they truely dont know when its going to be up and running

Really utilized the mx last night for my approach shots.

It's pretty amazing how much more confident I am when I can drag the distance reader around the green to real dial in my room for error.

Really utilized the mx last night for my approach shots.

It's pretty amazing how much more confident I am when I can drag the distance reader around the green to real dial in my room for error.

I havent even messed with that feature yet, still pretty newb out of the box lol

I havent even messed with that feature yet, still pretty newb out of the box lol

haha you just going to make the jump to ProMode without giving the standard unit the full workout? You'd be surprised how much you can get out of the thing without ProMode.

haha you just going to make the jump to ProMode without giving the standard unit the full workout? You'd be surprised how much you can get out of the thing without ProMode.

Just havent had the time to mess around with its full potential, been on this site too much LOL. Maybe I'll start messing around with it the next rainy day we have

Luckily I added 5 ProMode courses during the time it was temporarily available. I must say I do like it so far, but the basic features are more than enough. I find the two advantages ProMode are the full course overview and the "any point" feature.

I find the two advantages ProMode are the full course overview and the "any point" feature.

This is what I'm dying for, too. I've decided I want to be able to shoot for targets and play my favorite clubs into the greens.

Luckily I added 5 ProMode courses during the time it was temporarily available. I must say I do like it so far, but the basic features are more than enough. I find the two advantages ProMode are the full course overview and the "any point" feature.

How are the ProMode views you downloaded? I also downloaded a few courses on Friday. All but one of them are good -- bright enough and with good contrast. Unfortunately, the course I play weekly has terrible resolution. The overhead views look like they were recorded at dusk -- almost no contrast, can barely make out cart paths and sand traps. Forget about tees & greens or most trees and water hazards. I hope this is something they can correct quickly by changing a digital "brightness" or "contrast" setting for their existing images. If it takes as long to fix a poor course image, as it does to add an entirely new course (from what I've heard), my season may be over before I can use it.

I could easily see each hazard and the distances. I have only used it on two courses so far though.

I tried to mess with the utrack today and it says "Please update Software to enable utrack pairing"

any idea how this is to be done?

I take it this downtime also effects the original upro users trying to download promode courses

As per upro mx users guide:

"3.1.5 UTRACK
Your upro mx comes equipped to support exciting new technologies that will be introduced in the future."

So utrack doesn't work at the moment, but will be in a future software upgrade (I presume). I assume that when you select a club in shot tracking, it will save the shot instead of it being lost when you move to the next hole (as is currently the case). Then you can see average distance per club, what the range is for your typical shot with that club (+/- 1 yard or +/- 10?). UTRACK was one of the features I was looking forward to when I bought the mx. Not sure where that is on Callaway's priorities once the website is working.

uTrack is an interesting concept, but there are so many variables... If I enter in a 7 iron at 130, it won't know that I hit it fat. Adversely, if I hit a 7 iron 175 because it hits the slope at the back of the green and keeps on going, again, there's no way of tracking that.

I've personally found that simply tracking distances of clean shots gives me a realistic number of what I can manage with each club. Then I can ignore the bad shots, or shots HEAVILY effected by wind, rain, bounce, etc and rely on numbers I know to be correct.

Again, not defending their lack of functionality, just noting what I've found that works. When uTrack is released, I'll probably just ignore it.

uTrack is an interesting concept, but there are so many variables... If I enter in a 7 iron at 130, it won't know that I hit it fat. Adversely, if I hit a 7 iron 175 because it hits the slope at the back of the green and keeps on going, again, there's no way of tracking that.

I've personally found that simply tracking distances of clean shots gives me a realistic number of what I can manage with each club. Then I can ignore the bad shots, or shots HEAVILY effected by wind, rain, bounce, etc and rely on numbers I know to be correct.

Again, not defending their lack of functionality, just noting what I've found that works. When uTrack is released, I'll probably just ignore it.

Canadan, that's an excellent point. I believe that with uTrack you will be able to do exactly what you're suggesting, just record the shots you want. Currently, with the shot tracking feature, you can select "cancel shot," and that last shot disappears.

I also hope we can edit these data online when the website is fully functional. I'd like to download the shot data, then I could filter for outliers, etc. But I'm kinda a data/info geek.

All just speculation until the website works!

Last edited:
Back