Callaway UPro MX GPS

"Server error - please contact support"..

Wah wah waaaaaaaaaaah.....

didnt run into that one, I got an email into support...just waiting for a reply

I hooked mine up at 530ish, registered, and everything appears to have worked. I got an "aerial number' or whatever...now to call CS and get my pro courses :yay:

I hooked mine up at 530ish, registered, and everything appears to have worked. I got an "aerial number' or whatever...now to call CS and get my pro courses :yay:

hmm, Im not sure what my issue is, I can view the courses online so I think Ive done something right, the furthest I got was to where you had to signup for the package you wanted...I then stopped

hmm, Im not sure what my issue is, I can view the courses online so I think Ive done something right, the furthest I got was to where you had to signup for the package you wanted...I then stopped

Just pick the Basic Package for now. Get in line with the rest of us on the phone and wait for Tech Support to give your account the credit. Once received, go back to website and purchase ProMode at discounted price.

BTW, I've been on hold waiting for Tech Support to pick for 56 minutes thus far.

Just pick the Basic Package for now. Get in line with the rest of us on the phone and wait for Tech Support to give your account the credit. Once received, go back to website and purchase ProMode at discounted price.

BTW, I've been on hold waiting for Tech Support to pick for 56 minutes thus far.

tech support at noon said there were 80 calls in the queue, the guy called me back cause I asked him to last night.

Short story...They gave me the unlimited package for free!!!

tech support at noon said there were 80 calls in the queue, the guy called me back cause I asked him to last night.

thats awesome

Same here. Once I got through, I explained what Callaway Golf had added to this thread. The rep, Niki, wanted me to email her the thread. Of course, this was right went THP underwent site maintenance. Then she asked how long I've been on the line (1 hour 25 minutes 03 seconds) and said I get unlimited for free.

Site worked flawlessly so far (IE and Firefox). Syncing worked great as well. I did 1 course at a time, 5 courses and 15 courses. 1 course synced in less than a minute, 5 was less than 2 and 15 was less than 5 minutes. I can't wait for online portion of shot tracking and score keeping under Gear and Game sections.

Lastly, although not "official," I like that based on round scores a handicap will be calculated on the Game Statistics page.

Glad to see this is up and running.....I may have to make a trip to Golf Galaxy and grab one today.

Latest Email from Callaway

Latest Email from Callaway

Got the follwing Email from Callaway this morning.

Dear valued UPRO MX user,
I am pleased to announce that the callawayuxplore.com (callawayuxplore.ca in Canada) web site is now live.
Because the site took longer to launch than anticipated, we are increasing our ProMode offer. All those who register their upro mx device before July 17th, 2011 will receive 25 free ProMode courses (a $29.99 value). The free courses will be automatically credited to your account within two to three business days after registration. You will receive an email notifying you when the ProMode courses have been added to your account.
Our sincere thanks for your patience as we worked through challenges with this new site. You may experience some initial slowness, due to heavy traffic, as we roll out the site. This should dissipate as pent-up demand normalizes. See below for instructions to register your device.

Sincerely,
Dr. Alan Hocknell
Sr. VP Research and Development
Callaway Golf

Got the follwing Email from Callaway this morning.

Dear valued UPRO MX user,
I am pleased to announce that the callawayuxplore.com (callawayuxplore.ca in Canada) web site is now live.
Because the site took longer to launch than anticipated, we are increasing our ProMode offer. All those who register their upro mx device before July 17th, 2011 will receive 25 free ProMode courses (a $29.99 value). The free courses will be automatically credited to your account within two to three business days after registration. You will receive an email notifying you when the ProMode courses have been added to your account.
Our sincere thanks for your patience as we worked through challenges with this new site. You may experience some initial slowness, due to heavy traffic, as we roll out the site. This should dissipate as pent-up demand normalizes. See below for instructions to register your device.

Sincerely,
Dr. Alan Hocknell
Sr. VP Research and Development
Callaway Golf

Be sure you call Tech Support as instructed by the Callaway profile in posts 316 & 327 to get the $29.99 off of the unlimited package.

just received this:

Thank you for registering your upro mx device on callawayuxplore.com. Your complimentary twenty-five (25) ProMode course package has been added to your account and is available to use to download your favorite courses.

Visit http://www.callawayuxplore.com to log in and begin to download your ProMode courses.

just received this:

Thank you for registering your upro mx device on callawayuxplore.com. Your complimentary twenty-five (25) ProMode course package has been added to your account and is available to use to download your favorite courses.

Visit http://www.callawayuxplore.com to log in and begin to download your ProMode courses.

lol, when I go online it says only 24 left and none downloaded, got another email into support

lol, when I go online it says only 24 left and none downloaded, got another email into support
Yeah when I log in and look at my profile, it says under subscription plan ...... nothing! Box is empty. But all in all it is moving along hehe

Anyone trying to sync with a Mac? I put 12 courses in the queue and it says it is syncing, but I don't see any movement/progress. Help!

Anyone trying to sync with a Mac? I put 12 courses in the queue and it says it is syncing, but I don't see any movement/progress. Help!

I have the same problem. my mac says i'm connected but the connector is green but to check the connection. I think it's a server that is missing from the network setup. doesn't know how to get to callaway server. I think, i could be wrong. i have a trouble reported to callaway.

I had everything registered and on Wednesday I spent 50 minutes on hold only to have to leave for a meeting so I hung up and then yesterday was on hold for another hour but at work and when the tech finally picked up he said I needed to be connected ot the site to get the upgrade:angry: I called again last night when I got home and they were done taking calls for the day so I have spent almost 2 hours on the phone and no pro mode as of yet:angry::angry::angry:

The callawayuxplore website says my uPro MX is disconnected even though the connector little icon is green in my system tray. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit. Has anyone had this problem and, if so, is there a fix/workaround?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I was on a business trip when the site finally launched, so I was not able to register right away. When I finally got home today all excited to get the upro connector downloaded and the mx registered, I had the door slammed in my face.

I was able to download the upro connector and drivers, but I keep getting the following message:
"device is unavailable for registration, contact support"
the upro connector has the green check mark and I have created my account online, but for some reason I can not get the device to hook up to the callaway server.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the connector and driver multiple times. I also disabled the firewall/internet security (kaspersky Internet Suite 2010) to make sure it was not blocking the MX from registering, but not having luck.

Any ideas or anyone else having the same issue? Were there any issues which caused Callaway to put a hold on registration of devices.

Unfortunately I was on a business trip when the site finally launched, so I was not able to register right away. When I finally got home today all excited to get the upro connector downloaded and the mx registered, I had the door slammed in my face.

I was able to download the upro connector and drivers, but I keep getting the following message:
"device is unavailable for registration, contact support"
the upro connector has the green check mark and I have created my account online, but for some reason I can not get the device to hook up to the callaway server.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the connector and driver multiple times. I also disabled the firewall/internet security (kaspersky Internet Suite 2010) to make sure it was not blocking the MX from registering, but not having luck.

Any ideas or anyone else having the same issue? Were there any issues which caused Callaway to put a hold on registration of devices.

Havent run into any of those issues, I would email support

Fortunately I've registered and synced several times without any issues. I'm concerned long term though based on the feedback offered here. I don't think this product was ready for primetime at release. Hopefully they get the bugs straightened out quickly and get the site and features fully functional before negative word of mouth takes hold.

... before negative word of mouth takes hold.

I think it's already too late for that -- check out Amazon.com. 35 out of 62 reviews are one star. I've been overall pleased with the upro mx (except for the battery life), but this is my first GPS, so even FMB distances are great (since I'm often reading another fairway's sprinkler heads). However, I understand if someone already had a golf GPS, their expectations will be higher, so the disappointment (or even anger) will be greater.

I think it's already too late for that -- check out Amazon.com. 35 out of 62 reviews are one star. I've been overall pleased with the upro mx (except for the battery life), but this is my first GPS, so even FMB distances are great (since I'm often reading another fairway's sprinkler heads). However, I understand if someone already had a golf GPS, their expectations will be higher, so the disappointment (or even anger) will be greater.

That is unfortunate. The product was rushed into the marketplace and with limited consumption dollars and many choices available you can't afford to put a half-baked effort out there and not expect blowback.

I have the same problem. my mac says i'm connected but the connector is green but to check the connection. I think it's a server that is missing from the network setup. doesn't know how to get to callaway server. I think, i could be wrong. i have a trouble reported to callaway.

I can't even get my uPro to sync to the computer after downloading the connector.. It says "server error - contact support" or something like that, which I did, so we'll see what they have to say.

Can you delete one of the ProMode courses and replace it with another? If I pick 25 courses, am I restricted in terms of add/deletes?

Back