Callaway UPro MX GPS

Going back to my previous post on ideas on how to make input of score easier, this is what I'd much prefer in the way of user-friendliness. Yes, there would be four separate screens, but the touch areas would be bigger and more defined and you could move through them quickly. The score and putts would be the same slider and the others simply toggles.
Anyway, my $.02.

Your idea makes too much sense. Probably will never happen! Yes this seems like a excellent idea

Going back to my previous post on ideas on how to make input of score easier, this is what I'd much prefer in the way of user-friendliness. Yes, there would be four separate screens, but the touch areas would be bigger and more defined and you could move through them quickly. The score and putts would be the same slider and the others simply toggles.
Anyway, my $.02.

This is an excellent idea!

This is an excellent idea!

I agree, excellent idea, just remove the GIR entry. The device can figure that out on its own by subtracting putts from score against par.

MY level of frustration is really growing. I registered last week and as of now there are no promode courses available to me. Furthermore I have spent over 90 minutes on the phone waiting to speak to someone and the last 3 days I can't even get through because they have reached capacity and disconnect the calls. I ahve sent emails to the tech Support team that are going unanswered so in a word I am really pissed off:angry: Then the icing no the cake.. I go play golf the otehr day at a local course which is listed on the device and all it does ater I pless Play golf and select the course is show a gray screen. Its bad enough I can;t get the promode courses but its a worthless POS if I can't even use it in basic mode for a course it claims to cover:at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

MY level of frustration is really growing. I registered last week and as of now there are no promode courses available to me. Furthermore I have spent over 90 minutes on the phone waiting to speak to someone and the last 3 days I can't even get through because they have reached capacity and disconnect the calls. I ahve sent emails to the tech Support team that are going unanswered so in a word I am really pissed off:angry: Then the icing no the cake.. I go play golf the otehr day at a local course which is listed on the device and all it does ater I pless Play golf and select the course is show a gray screen. Its bad enough I can;t get the promode courses but its a worthless POS if I can't even use it in basic mode for a course it claims to cover:at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

I can understand your frustrations! I am on hold now for the past hour or so. I tried yesterday for over 45 minutes. I wrote an email 2 days ago also but no answer. I like the product but this holding like this is kind of frustrating. I am beginning to wonder about this....

I can understand your frustrations! I am on hold now for the past hour or so. I tried yesterday for over 45 minutes. I wrote an email 2 days ago also but no answer. I like the product but this holding like this is kind of frustrating. I am beginning to wonder about this....

I must be a lucky one, Ive just been emailing the guy in tech support that helped me out well before they went live, he usually gets back to me within 24 hours.

Then again, I havent actually tried to download a course yet to make sure it works lol

I must be a lucky one, Ive just been emailing the guy in tech support that helped me out well before they went live, he usually gets back to me within 24 hours.

Then again, I havent actually tried to download a course yet to make sure it works lol

I finally got through after 1 hour and thirty two minutes...lol.
I had 6 questions/concerns for him.
1. How to change club selection menu/distance shot tracking.
2. Battery not keeping charge long.
3. How to delete rounds online? Some of the rounds are from me practicing with the units. Doing the demos.
4. Pro Mode courses are dark?
5. Shot tracking features.
6. How to upgrade from 25 promode courses to unlimited pro mode courses.

He upgraded me to unlimited pro mode courses right away for no charge. Told me to take the battery out of the unit for 6-8 hours and then try recharging it. If it does not hold the charge better to call back. I told him I would not like to got through this call process again...lol.
Anyway, all the other questions/concerns are being addressed and to be updated soon.

I never had that happen, but I have been told by Callaway tech support that controlling screen on and off is one of the many bugs in the firmware. In your case, it sounds like it is working to your benefit.

First post. not sure if in the right place for this question. If not please direct me. I have had my upro mx for a week and thinks it great. The only problem is the sleep mode. I would like for it to stay on for the whole round. For some reason the third round I used it the display never turn off, I was happy as a lark. The next day back to the sleep mode for the whole round. So I call callaway to ask how I got the sleep mode to go off. They informed me that can't happen. There is no way for the unit to stay on. Last night went to the coarse hit some button and the unit stay on the whole round. It don't know the right combo to get it to stay on but it did. Anyone had this happen and know which button to push for the unit to stay on?

3. How to delete rounds online? Some of the rounds are from me practicing with the units. Doing the demos.

He upgraded me to unlimited pro mode courses right away for no charge. Told me to take the battery out of the unit for 6-8 hours and then try recharging it. If it does not hold the charge better to call back. I told him I would not like to got through this call process again...lol.
Anyway, all the other questions/concerns are being addressed and to be updated soon.

Thanks helpful post!!!!!

You getting through encouraged me to try again so I've been on hold since 3:40 and I'm going to ahve to leave soon and hang up yet again without getting through!!

Unfortunately I was on a business trip when the site finally launched, so I was not able to register right away. When I finally got home today all excited to get the upro connector downloaded and the mx registered, I had the door slammed in my face.

I was able to download the upro connector and drivers, but I keep getting the following message:
"device is unavailable for registration, contact support"
the upro connector has the green check mark and I have created my account online, but for some reason I can not get the device to hook up to the callaway server.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the connector and driver multiple times. I also disabled the firewall/internet security (kaspersky Internet Suite 2010) to make sure it was not blocking the MX from registering, but not having luck.

Any ideas or anyone else having the same issue? Were there any issues which caused Callaway to put a hold on registration of devices.

Well - I am glad to say that I got this issue fixed. I called Callaway on 5 July and held for about 80 minutes. But once the rep came on, she noticed my serial number for my MX was not on my account. Once she added the serial number and I reconnected the MX, it worked like a charm.

When she told me she was going to add the 25 free courses to my account, I told her I'd rather apply that credit to the unlimited package and she just upgraded me to the unlimited package for free, with no further questions and no arguments.

What's up THP?! Just found this site and forum today googling this device which i just received today. I'm so excited to take it out on the course tomorrow, can't wait. This community seems really mature and i'm really looking forward to being a part of it. First I'm glad I didn't have to deal with the whole mess with the site being down as it's been up since i purchased mine on the 4th. There has been some really great info in this thread as i've sort of read most of it and skimmed the rest i did have one question about the battery life.

1. Is it better to charge it with the wall charger or the USB with the computer? And after I charge it to 100% and it's flashing red I unplug it and hit settings, info, and it says the battery level is only at 85-90% charge. Is anyone elses like this? If so which one seems to be about right?

wall charger seems to be way faster for me.

As far as the question about deleting previous partial demo rounds, the tech guy Im dealing with is looking into it and is going to email me back tomorrow.

Still no ETA on teh shot tracking, cant wait til that goes live!

wall charger seems to be way faster for me.

As far as the question about deleting previous partial demo rounds, the tech guy Im dealing with is looking into it and is going to email me back tomorrow.

When you get that answer please post it here I ahae a couple I would like to delete. Thanks!

My battery level show the same. Callaway tech support are working on these issues.

What's up THP?! Just found this site and forum today googling this device which i just received today. I'm so excited to take it out on the course tomorrow, can't wait. This community seems really mature and i'm really looking forward to being a part of it. First I'm glad I didn't have to deal with the whole mess with the site being down as it's been up since i purchased mine on the 4th. There has been some really great info in this thread as i've sort of read most of it and skimmed the rest i did have one question about the battery life.

1. Is it better to charge it with the wall charger or the USB with the computer? And after I charge it to 100% and it's flashing red I unplug it and hit settings, info, and it says the battery level is only at 85-90% charge. Is anyone elses like this? If so which one seems to be about right?

My battery level show the same. Callaway tech support are working on these issues.

Just a quick thanks to THP'ers.

My uPro screen broke when I dropped my uPro during a golf trip last weekend. After reading this thread I opted to go back with the original uPro and not the MX. If not for the feedback here I probably would have jumped on the MX.

When you get that answer please post it here I ahae a couple I would like to delete. Thanks!

heres the answer:

That capability is within the statistics section of the website which has not been released yet, once it is, you can customize and delete score data as you please

Thanks for the info Mike! I finally was able to stay on the phone long enough (111 minutes:beat-up:) to speak to a rep and he first gave me the 25 courses and when I told him I wanted to upgrade he game me the unlimited for free:banana: It appears I'm all set now and looking forward to trying out the pro mode this weekend albeit on my home course where I pretty much know every yardage possible but at least I can get aclimated so I'm not too distracted when I go to use it somewhere else.

Thanks for the info Mike! I finally was able to stay on the phone long enough (111 minutes:beat-up:) to speak to a rep and he first gave me the 25 courses and when I told him I wanted to upgrade he game me the unlimited for free:banana: It appears I'm all set now and looking forward to trying out the pro mode this weekend albeit on my home course where I pretty much know every yardage possible but at least I can get aclimated so I'm not too distracted when I go to use it somewhere else.

thats awesome to hear, yeah I plan on trying it out for the first time tomorrow and will report back as well

Thanks for the responses. Well i was looking forward to trying out my MX today but it's pouring here right now and doesn't look like ill have that opportunity.

I have been looking at these and the features look great but does anyone find the screen size too small for all the features it offers?

downloaded my first promode course, no issues there.

Took a quick peek at it on the unit, looks way too dark.

Also was viewing the holes on the web site, and they had all teh holes jacked up, 500 yard par 3's, 200 yard par 5's. Not sure if that will make teh scorecard on the unit messed up too or not.

I have been looking at these and the features look great but does anyone find the screen size too small for all the features it offers?

I do not have a probably with the size of the screen, it is about the same size as upro go. Of course a larger screen would look better.

Back