Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

XForged short irons and Apex Pro long irons is certainly a combo I’ve thought about. Looking forward to hearing about how it works out for you

How about a comparison between the Apex Pro and X Forged from address? 4-6 Apex, 7-P in X forged?

This setup is 5-7 Apex Pro and 8-AW X Forged CB. It's a different shape between the two which I don't think will be a big deal for me to adjust to.

I was very torn between these and TCB but I was concerned I don't have the game for them anymore. I may end up getting a set later on though depending how it goes with these.

F748E615-E3EB-4233-AD25-D287AFC2B1F5.jpegA8161D2C-7260-4210-B541-83BE19276B54.jpeg0D4341A9-80F1-441D-B3C7-0916A9587F20.jpeg8DD78E9D-2DEC-4AAE-BF98-DEB4C28481D2.jpeg

This setup is 5-7 Apex Pro and 8-AW X Forged CB. It's a different shape between the two which I don't think will be a big deal for me to adjust to.

I was very torn between these and TCB but I was concerned I don't have the game for them anymore. I may end up getting a set later on though depending how it goes with these.

View attachment 9053670View attachment 9053671View attachment 9053672View attachment 9053673
I should have clarified, Apex Pro 7 iron is on the left in all of the pictures.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the new sticks, @KEV !

I can't believe this thread has been dead since April.
I know they're not overly popular, but that is pretty crazy.

Bag looks good @KEV ! Is it weird I would have combo'd the other way? Haha I still have some XFCB long irons around here somewhere. Shoot.. maybe even a full set of heads. :unsure:

I know they're not overly popular, but that is pretty crazy.

Bag looks good @KEV ! Is it weird I would have combo'd the other way? Haha I still have some XFCB long irons around here somewhere. Shoot.. maybe even a full set of heads. :unsure:
After seeing them in person side by side reversing the combo actually wouldn't surprise me. The X Forged is bigger then I expected it would be but nothing crazy. I'm looking forward to seeing how the numbers compare between the two and I'm hoping they flow in to each other ok.

After seeing them in person side by side reversing the combo actually wouldn't surprise me. The X Forged is bigger then I expected it would be but nothing crazy. I'm looking forward to seeing how the numbers compare between the two and I'm hoping they flow in to each other ok.
The should pretty nicely for the numbers, and pick up some good feels along the way. (y)

Dang you. Got me searching now.

I was able to get a little simulator time in with the X Forged CB this morning and put them against my New Level 902's and came away with a few thoughts.

Feel: I really enjoyed the full, dense feedback on well struck shots. Off center you could tell where you hit but it wasn't unpleasant at all, just slightly more crisp than center strikes.

Forgiveness: I wasn't sure what to expect here but for the style of club I was pretty happy with results. Mishits lost less distance than I had expected and I'm thinking it comes the weight Callaway has placed in the head.

Distance: numbers were close to where I like to see them and about 5 yards shorter than my 902's (which have 1/2" longer shafts).

Spin: the simulator seemed a little off on spin numbers but I was seeing about 100-300 less rpm compared to my 902's.

I really enjoyed my first outing with these but I already think I need to make a shaft change and maybe even check the head weight. The combo of this head with the Catalyst 100 shaft is just so light compared to my New Levels and I've come to realize I like a heavier feeling setup. I'll give this setup a go for awhile though and see how the results stack up.

I was able to get a little simulator time in with the X Forged CB this morning and put them against my New Level 902's and came away with a few thoughts.

Feel: I really enjoyed the full, dense feedback on well struck shots. Off center you could tell where you hit but it wasn't unpleasant at all, just slightly more crisp than center strikes.

Forgiveness: I wasn't sure what to expect here but for the style of club I was pretty happy with results. Mishits lost less distance than I had expected and I'm thinking it comes the weight Callaway has placed in the head.

Distance: numbers were close to where I like to see them and about 5 yards shorter than my 902's (which have 1/2" longer shafts).

Spin: the simulator seemed a little off on spin numbers but I was seeing about 100-300 less rpm compared to my 902's.

I really enjoyed my first outing with these but I already think I need to make a shaft change and maybe even check the head weight. The combo of this head with the Catalyst 100 shaft is just so light compared to my New Levels and I've come to realize I like a heavier feeling setup. I'll give this setup a go for awhile though and see how the results stack up.
Sounds like a good start. Don't be surprised if those spin numbers hold at a little lower than you might expect. That's pretty consistent with them.

I was able to get my first simulator round in with the X Forged/Apex Pro combo and man did I fall in love with the feel of the X Forged CB. It's such a plush, dense feeling in centered strikes and off center I don't feel any harshness.

I can't say I feel the same way about the Apex Pros in the 5-7. I got a few thin shots with those and they felt a little harsh in comparison.

The AW was probably my favorite club today and is a reminder that I've traditionally loved set AW's.

I do think I made a mistake though in buying this combo set. I think I want to go with a full set of X Forged. The Catalyst 100 shaft is pretty good for being a lighter weight (to me) graphite shaft but I think I'd also like to get a shaft that I'm more comfortable with. I may end up moving these and trying to find another full set or maybe even look in to the TCB.

This is probably what I should have done in the first place...

C575CA51-C559-4283-8AB2-F6D9F2DBAC6B.jpegCDA6A96C-B8D9-43F0-B925-19C1ED4AEE39.jpeg

My wife having Covid prevents me from taking these to the simulator this weekend but I'll do some testing over the next few weeks and see how they compare to my 902's that I've played really well with. If these stick long term I'll need to get an AW at some point.

While I love the Apex Pro every time I hit these I can’t help but think they are something awesome.

While I love the Apex Pro every time I hit these I can’t help but think they are something awesome.
They are a really good club. My swing is in rough shape coming out of winter but these give enough forgiveness to not get myself in real big trouble and they feel really good. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform as warmer weather gets here and my swing comes around.

I had a shot today with the gap wedge where I needed to take a bit of distance off but also hit it really high quickly to go over a tree and it did exactly what I wanted.

A lesson has me well on my way to hitting good iron shots … and I now want these irons.

These certainly don't get the love that they deserve...a really great offering from Callaway.

Well it looks like I’ve got a 5-PW set inbound and just need to locate a AW. This should be fun

Welcome to the x Forged cb team! There so good.

Attachments

• AD62CEB0-47B2-492E-8D7B-15FDF348FF1C.jpeg
    AD62CEB0-47B2-492E-8D7B-15FDF348FF1C.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3
Well it looks like I’ve got a 5-PW set inbound and just need to locate a AW. This should be fun
That may be an issue. It took me a bit to find one.

They are a really good club. My swing is in rough shape coming out of winter but these give enough forgiveness to not get myself in real big trouble and they feel really good. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform as warmer weather gets here and my swing comes around.
Couldn’t agree with this any more. I originally ordered the 21 Combo set. Moved them at went XFCB 4-AW. Feel is so much better. The TCB are very similar.

Yes find the AW if you can. It is so so good. Here is another shot from today’s round, 3/4 shot from 105. All over the flag. Feels so easy to manipulate the distance.
EA75E8DF-B9F9-422E-9DAF-3ADB0CA0FE33.jpeg

Back