Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

I was not the biggest fan of the original x forged but these look pretty darn great. the easy weighting is my favorite thing here and should be a fitters dream - you can really dial someone in if you can move the CG and SW at will.

Need to see these in person to try out.

This is something that @JDax and I were speaking about. The images really make it look more industrial or unfinished, but in hand they look pretty darn good. Almost high tech meets industrial and it is very polished.

From the photos I like the looks of these more than the last version.

I'd like to see them in person but that price point is above where I usually look.

man i love these! i hope to hit them soon.

thanks for mentioning the ball, @Canadan. i was thinking the spin looked low and was wondering why they put out a lower spin iron paired with a lower spin shaft, so that helped me understand.

Last edited:
I don't think this in an iron you could buy blind, a fitting would be a must have for these.

I was very impressed by the X forged.. The price is a touch much though..

This is something that @JDax and I were speaking about. The images really make it look more industrial or unfinished, but in hand they look pretty darn good. Almost high tech meets industrial and it is very polished.
Agreed, I thought they looked better in person.
@Canadan hit these very well, me not so much...

Don’t hate the looks but don’t love it either! Actually enjoyed seeing a video review with real swings Amon a new release. Love that new format! Nice job @Canadan and @JB

Now that better pics are out, I am liking these even more than I did before. I just looked at some pics of the past X Forged and can safely say that I much prefer the new version. Plus, the fact that they converted the line to high tech in a small package is pretty exciting. I am very eager to see how they feel with that new face that they're using. If they play anything like the Apex Pro Dot, they would feel amazingly good.

The looks are right in my visual wheelhouse. I like it, and am perfectly content to be in the minority on that. I got my hands on it over the weekend and I will own them. ... when I sell some other stuff. Lol

Good vid guys! Were you swinging the IO X shaft @Canadan ? Any other thoughts you want to share on them compared to other similar weighted offerings?

Last edited:
Now that better pics are out, I am liking these even more than I did before. I just looked at some pics of the past X Forged and can safely say that I much prefer the new version. Plus, the fact that they converted the line to high tech in a small package is pretty exciting. I am very eager to see how they feel with that new face that they're using. If they play anything like the Apex Pro Dot, they would feel amazingly good.

Here are some more pictures I shot and of course we have a lot of it in the video along with others.

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg
5.jpg

The looks are right in my visual wheelhouse. I like it, and am perfectly content to be in the minority on that. I got my hands on it over the weekend and I will own them. ... when I sell some other stuff. Lol

Good vid guys!
Did you get a chance to hit them?

Not my favorite from a looks perspective, but you can’t ignore the performance there. I’m sure this one will be popular for those that have been waiting for the XForged update.

Not excited at first glance, just being honest. But I see why it was done.

Did you get a chance to hit them?
Nope. I didn't have time to even run over to the range (middle of a tournament), and was really encouraged not to drop a ball where I stood and zing one there from the back lawn of the clubhouse. My poker face must have been crap because I was totally going to do that exact thing. I mentally explored all unacceptable options in that moment. :LOL:

Last edited:
1600... lol. I don’t love myself or my game enough for that.

I see the MMT is a stock graphite option. This may be the first time that I can actually demo a graphite shaft that is xstiff assuming it's in the fitting cart. I am almost as excited for that as I am to try the iron!

I see the MMT is a stock graphite option. This may be the first time that I can actually demo a graphite shaft that is xstiff assuming it's in the fitting cart. I am almost as excited for that as I am to try the iron!

Yeah, 105s.. I would love for them to be the 125s but maybe in my old age the 105s are the way to go..

Yeah, 105s.. I would love for them to be the 125s but maybe in my old age the 105s are the way to go..
Ideally, I would like to try them both. I have a feeling the 125's would be an easier transition since they're just about the same weight I play now. But, I will for sure try the 105's out to see how they feel.

1600... lol. I don’t love myself or my game enough for that.

i really don't understand these pricing comments. it's $200 more than p7mc and jpx 921f (i'm using 921f because i would think the tech and materials are more in line with this than the 921t), $300 more than when they released the last x forged a few years ago. callaway has always been on the wrong side of price leading, presumably because of more tech/better materials/whatever. yes it's expensive, but it doesn't seem out of whack relative to what the other guys are doing.

These look good to me and it is a bonus that the adjustable weights will finally give them a way to hit swing weights for those that care about such things.

Nice review, very good information

Here are some more pictures I shot and of course we have a lot of it in the video along with others.

View attachment 8968925
View attachment 8968926

View attachment 8968927View attachment 8968928
View attachment 8968929

sorry if i missed it in the video, but are there different plates available during a fitting? that's the only thing i can think about the screws in the rear plate. if it's just one plate to fit all golfers, then i really wish they would have glued in or found some other way to adhere the rear plate and done away with the screws. it's a small gripe, because i love everything else about the way these look.

i really don't understand these pricing comments. it's $200 more than p7mc and jpx 921f (i'm using 921f because i would think the tech and materials are more in line with this than the 921t), $300 more than when they released the last x forged a few years ago. callaway has always been on the wrong side of price leading, presumably because of more tech/better materials/whatever. yes it's expensive, but it doesn't seem out of whack relative to what the other guys are doing.

I understand what you are saying but that $200 is a big difference. Especially considering the irons you just compared it to. The TM irons are going gang buster and are being reviewed extremely well.

Back