Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been a bit since the last iteration of the Callaway X Forged irons. Today, multiple sets are coming out in the form of a player’s cavity and muscle back, but we are focusing on the Callaway X Forged CB.

Today they are announcing the latest version, the X Forged CB and MB and this post we are talking all things CB. In the video below, we explain the tech, take some swings and breakdown all of the data to give you a full understanding of look, feel sound and performance from the THP Tech Studio.

After watching that, what are your thoughts on the Callaway X Forged CB?

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
These look pretty solid. I liked the workability testing, and it seems like feel was on point.

Not my favorite from a looks perspective, but you can’t ignore the performance there. I’m sure this one will be popular for those that have been waiting for the XForged update.

Very cool video and seems like the performance and consistency was there for @Canadan

What are the main differences between the APEX line the X forged line?
I assume this would be most comparable to the APEX and am curious to hear some compare/contrast thoughts?

• Admin
Very cool video and seems like the performance and consistency was there for @Canadan

What are the main differences between the APEX line the X forged line?
I assume this would be most comparable to the APEX and am curious to hear some compare/contrast thoughts?
Pretty different irons. Different feel, thinner top line and sole.

21FB0FF8-EBDA-42BC-83F2-49112E5752C3.jpeg

Not my favorite look at all, I get the wanting visible tech on the wizardry that is MIM’d tungsten, but it’s more industrial than I’d expect from this line.

That said, the consistency @Canadan saw was excellent, and the feedback on strikes seems right.

Excellent video format as well. (y)(y)(y)

Thanks...you thinking more APEX Pro from a shape/footprint perspective?

Footprint will be closer, but still pretty different irons. With that said, I think people looking for that style will end up trying both.

Footprint will be closer, but still pretty different irons. With that said, I think people looking for that style will end up trying both.

Thanks. That makes sense. From what I remember from the last x forged it was a little longer blade and maybe a more straight looking leading edge which I think the tour staff that gamed them really liked. Looking forward to seeing these in hand.

Really good video @Canadan love seeing some #’s to go along with the looks and tech story.

Reactions: JB
I really like the look here. I don't mind the visible fasteners. Look like solid irons for that player demographic.

These look really good!

Great review! Callaway is going above and beyond with their designs. Beautiful!

I had a set of Callaway forged X irons when they first went that way and they were strong and handsome clubs with a great feel. I just bit on some PXG or I might be shopping for these but son who is very good plays the 2019 Apex irons and loves them. Fine clubs.

Great video.

Not a fan of the look on the back but the tech has me curious especially with a thinner top line. Address look is much more important for me.

Great information.. These look really good and the performance is there!!

Thanks for the video and initial data/thoughts. Again, the split screen format is very nice.

These will be on my must try list for new irons. The back is funky looking, but that’s not an issue to me. The function looks to be right at what I prefer. Interested to see the lofts.

edit: looking at the Callaway website, the lofts look very nice. 4 deg gaps from 45* PW to 29* 6i and then 3 deg gaps. (y)

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 7.19.26 AM.png

Everything about this iron speaks to me. I love the thought that they're asking for more consistency over ball speed with the face plate. Love the shape and profile. Love the overall look. Very very excited to demo them at some point.

I know there will be mixed reviews on the looks, given how pretty the previous iteration was, but I like the look, and the performance (for someone better than me :) ) sounds fantastic.

Excited to try these. The look at address is so good! Seems like a lot of tungsten for an iron...how does that show up in the numbers?

Look of the back is interesting, and probably less appealing than P7MC and JPX 921 Tour at first blush.

Hoping this leads to a reduction in apex pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been a bit since the last iteration of the Callaway X Forged irons. Today, multiple sets are coming out in the form of a player’s cavity and muscle back, but we are focusing on the Callaway X Forged CB.

Today they are announcing the latest version, the X Forged CB and MB and this post we are talking all things CB. In the video below, we explain the tech, take some swings and breakdown all of the data to give you a full understanding of look, feel sound and performance from the THP Tech Studio.

After watching that, what are your thoughts on the Callaway X Forged CB?

Continue reading...

These are well outside of my game ability; but I'm certain will be upgrades for some... The mechanical/industrial look to them doesn't really suit my eye (I prefer a much cleaner look), again, I'm certain this will be a great fit for some.

Great performance for @Canadan for sure; great consistency there

I was really hoping that first shot was going in @Canadan
Numbers are great, but looks wise I'm not sold on. Need to see these in person to try out.

Back