Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

that squared off toe is kinda tripping me out
I'll be honest, I thought nothing of the shape (outside of positive neutrals) when I hit them.

Shocked me how much more they had going on considering the last version of this style were miniature butter knives, but that's about it.

I don't know what is more fascinating... how often you click into and/or respond in this thread (with pretty much pure hate for the product) or whether I've heard a worse analogy to a player iron with some metal variety in the back (not visible at address).

Also, noooooooooooot the first player iron to use multiple metal options. Maybe I'll bump a few of those so you can at least enjoy some variety?
Go for it!! Not into Transformer looking irons. Cool slick irons are much better.

This I'm sure is a cool slick iron

that squared off toe is kinda tripping me out
As someone who really prefers a compact blade length (but wishes I was less weird about that), I think the shape of the toe helps achieve that look at address. When I heard that they stretched it out, I was worried, but over the ball I didn't even think about it. That's rare for me.

Anybody remove that plate yet to see what lurks underneath?

Well, these have grown on me quite a bit since initial pictures.

I think the biggest issue I have now is price, but the looks have started to settle in for me. I do wonder how much space they have for another multi material players cavity in the line up.

Great review! Callaway is going above and beyond with their designs. Beautiful!
Personally, I agree. This design seems to get bad feedback early on, but I like the industrial look to them.

Anybody remove that plate yet to see what lurks underneath?
Yes, I’ve seen a video of it. Basically nothing. The plate itself is for swing weighting.
There isn’t a pocket underneath....in case you wanted to put you car keys in there or something... 😆

This is something that @JDax and I were speaking about. The images really make it look more industrial or unfinished, but in hand they look pretty darn good. Almost high tech meets industrial and it is very polished.
Yeah the photos kind of look like some Golfworks clubs. I really like what Callaway e what Callaway is doing here though. These are really nice clubs.

Srixon, Mizuno, Titleist, TaylorMade, Wilson to name a few
Like these?
1603126115025.png

or these?
1603126299184.png

or these?
1603126516242.png

I can't imagine how much you struggle with PXG irons lmao

Out with the old and in with the new. I just happen to like the image we shot for social.

17AA5574-CB91-483A-B439-AD7D1836C967.jpeg

Nope. Not like those.
But.... they were in your examples of a 'cool slick iron' earlier.

..or is the point you're trying to make that irons aren't allowed to have anything interesting going on to pass your smell test? I'm good with that. Feels kinda 'golfer circa 1987' but at least it makes more sense.

..or is the point you're trying to make that irons aren't allowed to have anything interesting going on to pass your smell test? I'm good with that. Feels kinda 'golfer circa 1987' but at least it makes more sense.
I like the P7MC look or similar with nice clean lines. Not transformer irons.

1603134004428.png

1603134075016.png

1603134126103.png

Back