JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in early 2018, we got our first look at the last X Forged Utility from Callaway Golf. With an update coming, we wanted to dive right in and share all of the info of this brand new Callaway X Forged UT.

We aren’t talking about something lacking technology though. A.I. Flash Face Cup bringing speed across the entire surface area and urethane microspheres in the hollow body construction for a preferred feel.

Obviously the most attention grabbing from an aesthetics stand point though is the external MIM’d tungsten weighting (more on that in video).

How do they perform? What do they feel like? Check out this video below as we put them to the test in the THP Tech Studio.

document.write("Loading...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious about these, especially the MIM’d tungsten. Need to catch @Canadan tech studio vid

That ball speed is insane and will be the story going forward with this line. I wish I had the game for a UT bc this one is producing some great ball speed numbers.

I have gamed a UT for years and it is a weapon off the tee. I’ve recently been doing a bag battle and considering other options, but those ball speeds have he thinking I need to give this a try.

This UT sounded really nice in the video.

This format is killer, the angles and overlays are perfect! Excellent quality right there. :love:

As for the club....not a big fan of the looks, but HUGE fan of AI and the ball speed robustness across the face. I’m eager to hit one!

I wish I could carry my driver that far. Looks like an interesting club. Maybe not as forgiving as my U510 but a bit more of an iron look.

• Admin
I wish I could carry my driver that far. Looks like an interesting club. Maybe not as forgiving as my U510 but a bit more of an iron look.

I think there are some that will find it more forgiving. Especially laterally across the face.

I think there are some that will find it more forgiving. Especially laterally across the face.

That would be good for me. I will have to take a look at it.

Going to watch this video later after my meetings.. Love the look though!

I was able to take a couple of swings with these in HQ, and walked away throughly impressed.

I had a X-Forged UT 4 iron in my Grandaddy bag and these are a bit better. I have a thing for UT 4 irons, I love the way they feel when hit on the screws, but long term I know a hybrid in that spot is a more consistent call for me.

Not in the market for a UT, but those #'s are great.

Every time I see that studio I'm in aww..
@Canadan the first couple shots you had mentioned the club head felt heavy and had left the head a little open hitting them a little right, then basically tightened a few things up with the swing and was able to get the ball online. Is the weight unusual?
@JB what is the club head weight in regards to other popular utility irons right now? Big difference?
Utility irons IMO are a tough sell vs. hybrids, if a person isn't hitting 3-4-5 in the bag, can someone tell me one good positive that they'd want a utility?

@Canadan the first couple shots you had mentioned the club head felt heavy and had left the head a little open hitting them a little right, then basically tightened a few things up with the swing and was able to get the ball online. Is the weight unusual?
@JB what is the club head weight in regards to other popular utility irons right now? Big difference?
Utility irons IMO are a tough sell vs. hybrids, if a person isn't hitting 3-4-5 in the bag, can someone tell me one good positive that they'd want a utility?

Static weight is not necessarily a telling point of it feeling head heavy. That could very well be swing weight. They range in weight quite a bit dependent on construction.

Great stuff. Good data review and loved seeing a UT off the tee @Canadan . Blows my mind when people don't do it in reviews. Great vid, well done.

I am a BIG fan of a UT that actually matches the irons well visually. I have built my X Forged set about 50 times in my head already. Bring 'em on.

Maybe not so much heavy but heavIER than what I normally play, which is more like an iron profile.

The current version has been such a weapon for me off the tee. I need to give this version a try. Flash face has me interested.

I seem to be more of a hybrid guy, but I really want to try these since part of me would rather be a UT player than a hybrid player.

The tech and looks are solid and obviously pair perfectly with the XF CB.

X-FORGED-UT-2525.jpg

X-FORGED-UT-STUDIO019-2020.jpg

X-FORGED-UT-CB-COMBO-0099.jpg

Address profile comparison: UT on left, CB on the right

X-FORGED-UT-CB-COMPARISON-2426.jpg

image (11).jpg

I seem to be more of a hybrid guy, but I really want to try these since part of me would rather be a UT player than a hybrid player.

The tech and looks are solid and obviously pair perfectly with the XF CB.

View attachment 8968978

View attachment 8968979

View attachment 8968980

Address profile comparison: UT on left, CB on the right
View attachment 8968981

View attachment 8968982

See they're just totally my aesthetic. They look ready to WORK, and look pretty good while doing it. #lifegoals Suits me better than a work of art type set.

See they're just totally my aesthetic. They look ready to WORK, and look pretty good while doing it. #lifegoals Suits me better than a work of art type set.
I am looking at the head and immediately notice how it doesn't look "as hollow" as the last line if that makes sense. It looks like a better blend with the X Forged set. If I had one knock on the last UT it was that it felt like it was a hollow club. If they could get this one to feel more similar to the Epic Forged, look out.

I am looking at the head and immediately notice how it doesn't look "as hollow" as the last line if that makes sense. It looks like a better blend with the X Forged set. If I had one knock on the last UT it was that it felt like it was a hollow club. If they could get this one to feel more similar to the Epic Forged, look out.

When you get a chance to watch the video (or hear it), it paints a pretty good picture of the sound.

Anyone else amazed by the consistency of @canadans swing! It's just sickening! For an utility that doesn't look overall bulky, it has some serious horsepower behind it!

Geezuz dan smacks the crap outta the ball.

Club sounds really good, not sure id be able to hit it well but would definitely want to give it a shot

That looks great- maybe in the 4i spot.

That shaft pairing and stock grip are right up my alley - I may put this to the test based on what Dan was showing.

Back