Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has all of the details on this new driver coming soon from Callaway Golf. Click the link below to get all of the tech specs and see what is in store with this new release.

http://bit.ly/YX7nF0

i-nHCDCZM-L.jpg

i-G4JZfjB-L.jpg

i-5XzpPRf-L.jpg

i-D6wXFmw-L.jpg

i-JWm49dP-L.jpg

i-xjNtRG3-L.jpg

Last edited:
Just over a month until these are in stores. I think these are gonna be popular.

Awesomeness will ensue when these come out! The driver looks a lot like the old RAZR Fit and I wonder if they are gonna stick with the same design they had with the RAZR Fit and the Xtreme as well.

I am super pumped to try out those FW as well this year as I am looking to replace that spot in the bag. I look forward to more pictures and thoughts!

Looks like Callaway is going to have a great line up for this year, looking forward to hearing how it hits.

This driver sounds awfully good especially at the price point. The adjustability does not appear to be quite as robust as the Extreme but that is not a bad thing.

I had not yet heard of the stock shaft - PX velocity. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

If this line is anything like the Razr x black wood lineup last year- this needs to be on everyone's must hit list. That was a spectacularly underrated wood lineup in my opinion

I'm really looking forward to trying these out. I love that they kept the OptiFit Hosel in this driver as well.

This is a sharp looking driver, and I'm sure it will perform as well as it looks. Callaway is putting out some serious equipment and I have no doubt people are going to love this.

Pretty sure I need to hit the fairway wood. I like what I'm reading about that one - and it looks good. I like that they've got two drivers out that are in use on Tour. It always seemed like their second line got lost in that regard. Good thinking.

That X Hot Pro fairway wood in 17 degrees of loft is calling my name.

Good looking sticks. I found the longer shafts and upright lie on the standard versions pretty interesting.

I guess I am the only one that is underwhelmed with the look? It's nice but nothing fantastic. I hate to be contrarion because I love Callaway and their products and I have no doubt in my mind that this thing will flat out perform. I guess maybe the great looks of Xtreme is what's throwing me off. I am really really excited for the Fairway Woods.

I'm actually looking forward to this line of woods more than the Razr Xtreme. Really excited to here more from this club in time.

That X Hot Pro fairway wood in 17 degrees of loft is calling my name.

It's funny you say that because that's exactly what caught my eye.

I guess I am the only one that is underwhelmed with the look? It's nice but nothing fantastic. I hate to be contrarion because I love Callaway and their products and I have no doubt in my mind that this thing will flat out perform. I guess maybe the great looks of Xtreme is what's throwing me off. I am really really excited for the Fairway Woods.

I actually really like the understated design compared to the "in your face" geometrics that the competition announced this morning. I do think it is interesting that neither the picture here nor the gallery on the Callaway website this morning show the crown. Kinda looks like a nice matte finish peaking around the edges.

I actually really like the understated design compared to the "in your face" geometrics that the competition announced this morning. I do think it is interesting that neither the picture here nor the gallery on the Callaway website this morning show the crown. Kinda looks like a nice matte finish peaking around the edges.

I dont hate it, I guess I am just underwhelmed but I have NEVER bought golf clubs based solely on looks. It's gotta perform and I am sure there wont be an issue there.

This may be the driver I am most interested in trying next. I hit the Razr Xtreme recently and was blown away with how fast the ball seemed to jump off the face. This Xhot looks awesome! I would really like to see the Xhot pro with the slightly smaller head. I dont know anything about the Proj. X that will come standard interested to hear more about it, but I think a B. Asha would look and feel amazing in there...just saying...Would love to get this in my hands!

What is everybody's thoughts on the release coming the same day as the big launch from TM? Throwback to the time when the PGA Show had all the news, perfect timing because people are paying attention to clubs today or something that will get overshadowed?

Really curious to try both the driver and fairways. Last year the RAZR X Black fairway in 17* was an absolute revelation in my bag, this years sounds even more incredible!

What is everybody's thoughts on the release coming the same day as the big launch from TM? Throwback to the time when the PGA Show had all the news, perfect timing because people are paying attention to clubs today or something that will get overshadowed?

Really could go either way. In a sense, it shows that they aren't going scared to go head to head, but it could end up with this line sort of getting lost in the shuffle. I think they need to market the hell out of that fairway wood if it's as good as they say.

I think its perfect timing to split the headlines. With that being said, I'm more interested to hit the Callaway stuff than the TM stuff. I havent found a TM long club I've liked since the SuperTri.

I think it's a decent strategy...time will tell if it is the right one, but it does say to me "TM is not the only big player, and we're not afraid of taking them head on".

More than the release of the information (which I think both companies are doing well to start marketing with the Tour season starting tomorrow), I think Callaway has improved with the earlier release dates they seem to have this year. I know as a golfer (even before my THP tenure), the season started with Kapalua on TV, and the equipment issues of the major magazines. By having the equipment in the stores within a few weeks of those events, I think Callaway can get a jump start on product purchases that I feel they missed by sometimes not being in the stores until March/April. I would take it a bit earlier myself and try to have them available by early/mid December to hit Christmas purchases, but I'm just an IT guy.

First impression is the design looks a bit cheap, or mid-range. May look better in person.

I like how they incorporated the adjustable feature in this one. I feel like Callaway has always had a big and little brother driver. I think this one could potential end that line of thought. The fairway wood line certainly has my attention already.

Back