Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

I'm hoping to try the XHot head this weekend with my Razr Fit shafts and seeing what happens. The stock shaft performed surprisingly well IMO and I'm not sure that my other ones will top it. If they do it will be something to behold for sure.

The fever is officially alive and well. As I recall you just got brand new irons, best way to keep them happy would be a new driver in the bag.

I got a few more trade in items to cut the edge on the cost factor too :D

I think you clearly need to make another trip up to the PGA SS this weekend to check them out.

It's a rainy day in Georgia Donne and that idea has surfaced. :golf:

hit this one today, as well as others, and this one performed the best as far as swing speed and distance. Top of head is a little bland but hit it well.

I'm old and bland is normal :bulgy-eyes:

I'm between the Xhot and the G25, has anyone hit both? The look of the Xhot is lovely.

Is the only difference between the Pro and non Pro the shaft? Sorry for the skim. I'm thinking the face angle may be a bit more open and the head size smaller too?

Is the only difference between the Pro and non Pro the shaft? Sorry for the skim. I'm thinking the face angle may be a bit more open and the head size smaller too?

Standard head is a little draw biased, and the shaft isn't the true PXv. Some of the lofts are square or slightly open?

i think you are right on with the head size. Non pro 460 cc, pro 440. Right around there any ways. Not sure on the face angle.

I hit this among others tonight. Amazingly they only had the matrix shaft in stiff - think this might have been the Extreme's shaft - and none of the Project X shafts. The shaft was okay, just felt way different from the other stuff I hit. SS was in the low 100's, carry was in the low 230's and total distance was about 250. Dispersion was good. But this combo wasn't performing any better than the other club I was hitting, so it came down to feel of the shaft, which was unfair to the X-Hot. Will try again another time.

To add to the others mentioned already:

XH: 460cc, progressive draw bias cg as loft increases, lighter (300g in reg flex), 46", D3,

XHP: 435cc, constant neutral/lower cg, deeper face, heavier (317g in reg) 45.75", D4, real deal shaft

Only thing I'm not 100% sure of is face angle. There is a YouTube interview where Doc mentions, but I don't remember. I think it was .5 closed at neutral in the XH and 1 open in the XHP.

I am so PO'd. I have waited patiently since LAST FRIDAY (incidentally the release date) for my local Dick's (3-stores), Nevada Bob's (2-stores) and Golf Unlimited to get an X Hot Pro driver. I don't need to even swing it. All I want to do is hold it to determine whether I'm ordering a 9.5* or a 10.5*. I'm almost to the point I don't give a rats-*ss anymore.

Is it wrong for me to feel this way?? Shouldn't Callaway have given at least ONE club to either of these six stores by now?

I am so PO'd. I have waited patiently since LAST FRIDAY (incidentally the release date) for my local Dick's (3-stores), Nevada Bob's (2-stores) and Golf Unlimited to get an X Hot Pro driver. I don't need to even swing it. All I want to do is hold it to determine whether I'm ordering a 9.5* or a 10.5*. I'm almost to the point I don't give a rats-*ss anymore.

Is it wrong for me to feel this way?? Shouldn't Callaway have given at least ONE club to either of these six stores by now?

XHP isn't down here either. Really annoying to be honest

XHP isn't down here either. Really annoying to be honest

They build-up all the hype and when release dates come, ZIP-ZERO-ZILCH-NADA!!!

Ok rant over. Life continues, I guess...

They build-up all the hype and when release dates come, ZIP-ZERO-ZILCH-NADA!!!

Ok rant over. Life continues, I guess...

Yeah the delay has been a bit odd to be honest. Release them already!

I had the same issue. Left my number at the local Edwin Watts and they finally called today to say they came in (only 8.5 though). I just wanted to try out the Pro shaft in the standard head, and luckily found a couple in the fitting cart at a GG earlier this week (no heads yet though). I'll be so glad when my new Golfsmith opens in a few weeks so I don't have to chase clubs anymore. Though, I have gotten in some great comp-shopping the last couple weeks!

If I had to guess, I'd say it was a shaft issue. If I were to order a standard or Pro from callaway with stock setup, they were 3-5 days to ship. Pro shaft in standard head was backordered 3-4 weeks.

Had a chance to hit this at 9.5* for the first time, not quite as solid for me as the 10.5 has been up to this point, looking forward to trying out different shafts in this beast today

Uh oh. I got a hold of a X Hot Pro in 10.5 degree with the stock PX 6.0 shaft today and I'm afraid I've got another one to add to the mix now. No launch monitor and into a net probably 15 yards away so I really don't have a lot to go on other than the feeling at setup and the sound and feel at impact. It felt like I was hitting absolute bombs with this thing!

I LOVE the deeper face and smaller head, that and being a little heavier makes me think this thing is a real contender to find its way into my Callaway staff bag for the Morgan Cup. I cannot wait to hit it either on a launch monitor or outside on a range soon!

Uh oh. I got a hold of a X Hot Pro in 10.5 degree with the stock PX 6.0 shaft today and I'm afraid I've got another one to add to the mix now. No launch monitor and into a net probably 15 yards away so I really don't have a lot to go on other than the feeling at setup and the sound and feel at impact. It felt like I was hitting absolute bombs with this thing!

I LOVE the deeper face and smaller head, that and being a little heavier makes me think this thing is a real contender to find its way into my Callaway staff bag for the Morgan Cup. I cannot wait to hit it either on a launch monitor or outside on a range soon!
I felt heavy hits with this club, like hammer square on nail head heavy, straight through the board!

You can I just switched out the made for shaft for the real project x at the callaway golf center in Vegas that's all I needed super excited I thought I was going to have to pay to do so but no charge ,much better shaft!

So the project x shaft in the pro head, is the 5.5 considered a regular flex ? Seemed a bit stiffer than your standard regular flex shaft.

So the project x shaft in the pro head, is the 5.5 considered a regular flex ? Seemed a bit stiffer than your standard regular flex shaft.

Yes. It's heavier and a "real deal" shaft.

Don't blame you a bit. I was at Edwin Watts yesterday and they had 0 X Hot Pro

The X-Hot pro is a rare bird in these parts as well, like, Dodo-bird rare.

I figure I'll go ahead and throw this up here. I'll be doing the frontpage review on the XHot driver, so, if you have ANY questions please don't hesitate to ask me!

I figure I'll go ahead and throw this up here. I'll be doing the frontpage review on the XHot driver, so, if you have ANY questions please don't hesitate to ask me!

are you going to be testing the stock setup with it or just basing it off of your foray of shafts?

are you going to be testing the stock setup with it or just basing it off of your foray of shafts?

I'll have some time in with the stock shaft for it for sure

Back