Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Why not just grab one of the shafts off ebay for your Fit?

I'm not finding the shafts on ebay. Also, I have a $100 to my local shop that is burning a hole in my pocket.

I gotcha. Sorry, I don't know if I can give you a good answer sir. Hopefully somebody will chime in.

Little XHP (10.5 N setting) and XH (11.5 O setting) showdown today. That was fun.

Tried both with two different shafts - Matrix White Tie and Miyazaki Asha 4S. The size difference is pretty startling when you switch between the two, though I know it's not the big in reality. Still, the reg X-Hot looks much bigger to me. Sound is slightly different in both and I like both.

As far as performance goes, I'll just say it's a little early to make a call. Really didn't expect to say so, but the Asha was really shining in both drivers. XHP had a lower trajectory in general and rolled forever on the dried out range. I'll be interested to see how that works out here with fall approaching, as wind and dry ground will reward a ball that runs. The XH and Asha combo was something else. Higher ball flight, but still maintained good distance and I seemed to hit that combo with more control.

Fun problem to have. I'll keep playing around and see which one wins, but edge to the XH at the moment. Playing it with the Asha tomorrow. Was supposed to have a couple wood shafts in for review yesterday and intended to put them to work in both drivers as well today, but UPS had some issue and it'll be Monday before I see them.

Appreciate the head to head review. I've been pondering an XHP head to compare to my XH. If I can get one for a steal I will. That or a Covert Tour, whichever is the first I can find a real good price on.

Sent from The Galaxy Note 2

My pleasure.

First outing with the XH/B Asha was pretty good. My ball flight is a little lower at the moment than it had been, but I'm not sure that's the shaft. Either way, it's a good thing. Accuracy was average - 8/14 fwys, but I had a few bigger misses than I normally do. Again, not sure that's the shaft. Or I am sure it's not the shaft lol.

Good swings were tight though. Nice mid/high draw that ran out for me. Saw above average distance on a number of holes today.

I know it's been asked before, but I can't find it. What are the adjustment specs on the X Hot Pro?

Very late to the party but better late than never. As has been mentioned, the feel when you get one is amazing. Very forgiving on off centre hits and longer than the amp cell I had. Great driver.

Have an X-Hot driver that I traded for waiting to be opened when I get home today. Have started reading this thread from the beginning again. Like what I'm seeing. Hopeful to get out on driving range tomorrow or Wednesday for some swings.

Nice cpl. I think it's such a good head. I can't find anything that comes close to it for me. Total package material.

Have an X-Hot driver that I traded for waiting to be opened when I get home today. Have started reading this thread from the beginning again. Like what I'm seeing. Hopeful to get out on driving range tomorrow or Wednesday for some swings.

You'll enjoy it! I liked the results I got from it.

Got out to the driving range yesterday and hit about 20 balls with the X-Hot 10.5* driver in R flex for the first time. Had the face set to Square and I was hitting pull and hook one after another. Good distance but way left on most of the shots. Of course I left the wrench at home so was not able to adjust.

Got in 18 today. Hit my RBZ Tour for my first scoring ball in play but then would hit a second drive with the X-Hot now set to Open for comparison. On the 9 holes I hit both drivers on it was pretty even performance with 5 balls being better with the RBZ and 4 balls being better with the X-Hot. The open face setting sure made a difference as I only had one hook. Will need some more experimentation with this one. A couple of drives with it today did make me say "Wow".

Got out to the driving range yesterday and hit about 20 balls with the X-Hot 10.5* driver in R flex for the first time. Had the face set to Square and I was hitting pull and hook one after another. Good distance but way left on most of the shots. Of course I left the wrench at home so was not able to adjust.

Got in 18 today. Hit my RBZ Tour for my first scoring ball in play but then would hit a second drive with the X-Hot now set to Open for comparison. On the 9 holes I hit both drivers on it was pretty even performance with 5 balls being better with the RBZ and 4 balls being better with the X-Hot. The open face setting sure made a difference as I only had one hook. Will need some more experimentation with this one. A couple of drives with it today did make me say "Wow".

Good to hear cp...one the once your misses (with both) where were you missing too? Both missing left, right? Hitting both off the toe, heal? Just curious as I would want to end up with a driver that even with my misses (most of the time) I would be able to know the tendencies. What did you find?

Good to hear cp...one the once your misses (with both) where were you missing too? Both missing left, right? Hitting both off the toe, heal? Just curious as I would want to end up with a driver that even with my misses (most of the time) I would be able to know the tendencies. What did you find?

I know the RBZ extremely well after gaming it for a year and a half. I pretty much know that I'll hit it straight or with a slight fade most days.

Obviously still very early with the X-Hot. A lot of heel hits in that first range session. Started to get more toward the center today. I think I'll do better with a swing groove for it if I hit just the X-Hot for a couple of rounds which I'll probably do after this weekend.

So I managed to get a few swings with my newly acquired x hot 11.5* driver with b.asha 4s shaft.

Man I missed the feel of this head, the ball just pops off the face. It wad indoors so no concept of distance but it looked to launch mid to high and was at least starting off dead straight.

I still struggle with a few things on my swing so I expect I'll see similar driving distances of 220 ish but I look forward to getting that situated and really trying to Rip it. Such a great smooth feeling driver and shaft combo.

Will have more to report after next weekend.

Mike, have you been able to hit the x2hot yet? Not just the driver - I think the 2deep could be the game changer you are looking for off the tee

Mike, have you been able to hit the x2hot yet? Not just the driver - I think the 2deep could be the game changer you are looking for off the tee

No sir not yet. Haven't tried much of anything new yet as I just hate hitting inside those tight bays at golf galaxy lol. Once the weather turns I'll hit everything I can outside.

Still am intrigued by last year's 3deep as I love 3w off the tee.

Glad to hear it Mikey.

Glad to hear it Mikey.

Thanks man...The combo could be lethal when it's all said and done and I'm hitting bombs.

I messed around with the X Hot Pro 9.5 today, I think I might be falling for a smaller club head, but time will tell!

Back