Callaway X-prototype irons

LDUBFIREGOLFER

Reaction score
Handicap
Does the X-proto play similar to the mizuno mp-32 and its cut muscle technology? Picking up a set and just seeing if the claims of "forgiving for a blade" would whole true...

Does the X-proto play similar to the mizuno mp-32 and its cut muscle technology? Picking up a set and just seeing if the claims of "forgiving for a blade" would whole true...

Not to me they didnt. Nice looking clubs, but I did not find them forgiving at all.

If you want forgiving in a nice Cally iron without the "shovel" look I would take a look at the X forged instead of the Protos. The Protos are pretty demanding irons.

Thanks for fast response.......but for a decent striker, would these close to the mp-32's with just more bounce?

Thanks for fast response.......but for a decent striker, would these close to the mp-32's with just more bounce?

They were pretty different to me. A completely different feeling club. Similar weighting in that aspect, but it was a completely different club in terms of impact.

Re: Callaway X-prototype irons

Calladidas said:

I've not done extensive side by side comparisons but they had a similar feel to the Cleveland CG1. similar ball flight characteristics as well. I have the MP67's. feel same...slightly higher ball flight.

I've not done extensive side by side comparisons but they had a similar feel to the Cleveland CG1. similar ball flight characteristics as well. I have the MP67's. feel same...slightly higher ball flight.

Thanks.....I liked the CG1.......being Lefty, its tough hitting a ton of stuff...My thinking I guess is to take one last stab at Blades........These have gotten rave reviews and found them at a very fair price in like new condition....should have them tomorrow and again thanks for the responses!!!

Thanks.....I liked the CG1.......being Lefty, its tough hitting a ton of stuff...My thinking I guess is to take one last stab at Blades........These have gotten rave reviews and found them at a very fair price in like new condition....should have them tomorrow and again thanks for the responses!!!

Buddy of mine just got the CG1's a couple of days ago. He loves them. I really like the looks of them and it is a bonus that they are available in LH. Did you find a set of Callaway Protos in LH? According the their website, they only come RH???

Buddy of mine just got the CG1's a couple of days ago. He loves them. I really like the looks of them and it is a bonus that they are available in LH. Did you find a set of Callaway Protos in LH? According the their website, they only come RH???

Yeah under the Tour Authentic section.....or call Customer Svc....a couple of sets for sale on the bay!!!

Back