Callaway - X-Series / XHot/XHot 2

XIIIDillinger

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All,

As a little background I'm a high handicap player who has been playing much more as of late and decided it was time to get a set of irons to replace my store/off brand 10 year irons with graphite shafts. I had done some research and was very interested in the Cobra Fly Zs, Ping G25s, and Taylormade Speedblades.

I went to a local golf store today and was surprised to come across the Callaway irons that I did. They had the X-Series there and I found that I hit them far better than any of the others. I also went to another store and tried the X Hot Irons and the X2 Hot Irons.

So basically I have a couple of questions..

1)What if any differences are there between the X-Series and X Hot Irons b/c they looked nearly identical to me.

2)Is it worth the jump from the X Series irons (available now on Groupon for $340 w/ no tax) or jumping to the X2s for $500. I honestly liked both clubs and hit both well but wasn't sure about the Uniflex shaft in the X Series vs being able to get a regular shaft on the X2s b/c my swing speed in the sim was showing pretty low 65+ MPH.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Welcome to THP!

I believe the X Series are recasts of the original XHot irons, made for the big box stores like Dicks. The originals would come with different flex shafts, but the X Series just has the uniflex. They're a good way to get into quality clubs that have slightly older design/tech at a lower price. If you can hit both on a sim side by side, that would be your best bet, but the original X Hots (which are now rebadged as the X Series) still have a lot of fans.

Back