Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

anyone else find marketing annoying sometimes. claim 13x larger sweet spot ... basically saying that the last one you bought that was the largest sweet spot ever was a pos.

Haha...yes. It seems impossible and the claims each year, or every other year seem to repeat, but that's why there are demo clubs and LMs.

I hope the sweet spot is 13x bigger and isn't a wild trampoline. I look forward to finding out.

A few thoughts.

-The shaft choice is awesome.
-I see a little Mashie shape in there. That's a good thing.
-I'm surprised to see just how different this one is from the original. I saw the same and just assumed a lot of the same. Definitely not the case.
-I loved the profile of the x1 face. Hoping this one is as stupid easy to hit.

I'll just quote and reference Hawk because my thoughts were similar.

I too am surprised after looking at the driver and FW pics (similar exterior with interior and shaft changes) to see how different these look that the XHot line, but I don't think that is a bad thing. I like the higher toe design as shots off the toe end of the XHot didn't have much room top to bottom to find a clubface. I also like they are bringing the same Aldila Tour Blue shaft line down to the hybrids. Much like the transition from the Mashie to Mashie+ hybrids, the reduced offset is also very welcome as I fought going left with the original XHots at times.

I am very excited to try these.

Looking forward to the bigger sweet spot for sure!! Still haven't found a hybrid that I'm totally happy with...this may just do it!

Was the original XHot a cup face design? Pretty sure it wasn't. Well I'm sold.

I will definitely give these a chance this year. I did not like the low profile, flat appearing crown that last year's models had. I really enjoy my TM rescues, but I would change my shafts for something heavier, and a little shorter. The XHot2 Pro hybrid has a more similar shape to my RBZ Stage 2s so, we'll see!!! A fitting will do wonders for figuring it all out.

I am a big fan of the looks. The shaft is one that intrigues me, and the less offset looks great to me.

Didnt personally get to hit the original X-hot hybo, but if this is anything like the reviews and feedback see on THP thus far, it will be another winner for sure

I really like the look of this hybrid at address, I can't wait to take a few swings with it!

These look sweet, and improving on the already awesome X-Hot hybrid...you know that's going to be a winner. Less offset, larger sweet spot...hummm...might need a couple of new hybrids in the bag come spring.

THP in hand pictures of the new line coming from Callaway Golf. You can read all the details on the THP Home page.

i-Q3692nd-L.jpg

i-s6n73wn-L.jpg

i-rJRQD2r-L.jpg

i-pVzLP84-L.jpg

i-NRtNSm7-L.jpg

I'll be interested to see how these stack up to the current Xhot line with ball flight, feel and distance.

This one looks like a winner, love the squared off high toe, nice clean look. The non-pro is G25'ish, which I think is a good thing.

These look even better than the fairway! Love my X Hot hybrid, I'd be really interested to see if these are better.

Love the high toe, very Adams-like. I also could not stand the offset in this year's XHot hybrids, so happy that they got rid of that "scooped out" look near the hosel. I've heard awesome things on other sites about the Pro hybrid in this line, can't wait to test it out next year.

That 16 degree pro would be perfect for the gap between my 3i and 3w. I had more luck with hybrids that I was trying towards the end of the season so this really has me interested.

JB, you're killing me on twitter right now. Details needed.

Man these look good. If they've truly improved on the XHot line, these are going to be unreal.

It looks a bit like Adams to me. Not my favorite design style. But if it works it works.

Not so keen on the shape of the face, looks like profile of a whale to me :S

I'm sure that won't make a lot of difference to how it plays though so looking forward to the review (as always!!)

I have 2 Xhot Hybrids and I have to say I am not really a fan of the looks or design of this one. 1) I do not like the orange 2) I do not like the fact they went away from the Warbird design that works so well for me on the XHot.

I have to totally agree with you on this one. The updated Warbird sole just works so well in almost any lie. It's just a shame that the killed the looks with some bad color choices in my opinion.

-I see a little Mashie shape in there. That's a good thing.

I hope not. The Mashie was the only hybrid that I couldn't hit properly. I may be proved wrong though. My goal this winter is to find a hybrid that will replace my Rescue 11 21° and my 4i. Being a lefty, it's tough finding a 23° hybrid though. Big ups to Callaway for making one!!

JB, you're killing me on twitter right now. Details needed.

Its a rocket launcher man. Its the only hybrid I put at or near the Cleveland so far for me. Ease of hitting, face shape at setup that looks good and the ball freaking flies. I was with Callaway earlier in the week for the ad shoot and a few of the tour players were hitting it and raving about it. Vicki Hurst said it was the longest she had ever hit by a large margin. So Hashtag Chad says to me, "Its going to blow you away".

Im slightly injured right now so I cant play, but I had to get some swings in. Grab the monitor and headed out. Put it against another brand new hybrid that just came out in the same loft. It flew past it by 6 yards on the first swing. As much as 12 yards on one swing. I only hit 6-7 with each club, but its really solid.

The irony is that few people were as critical of their last hybrid as I was. I did not like it at all.

Its a rocket launcher man. Its the only hybrid I put at or near the Cleveland so far for me. Ease of hitting, face shape at setup that looks good and the ball freaking flies. I was with Callaway earlier in the week for the ad shoot and a few of the tour players were hitting it and raving about it. Vicki Hurst said it was the longest she had ever hit by a large margin. So Hashtag Chad says to me, "Its going to blow you away".

Im slightly injured right now so I cant play, but I had to get some swings in. Grab the monitor and headed out. Put it against another brand new hybrid that just came out in the same loft. It flew past it by 6 yards on the first swing. As much as 12 yards on one swing. I only hit 6-7 with each club, but its really solid.

The irony is that few people were as critical of their last hybrid as I was. I did not like it at all.

That is truly exciting to hear. The XHot hybrids were pretty good for me, but never felt perfect. I can't wait to lay hands on an X2Hot knowing that my club preferences usually mirror yours a good bit.

Good stuff JB, being one that didn't care for the xhot hybrid, you've got me curious to try this one now.

Excited to hear this, hybrids is one area I've always thought Callaway greated lagged behind the competition in.

I can see you liking the shape JB. The added benefit of distance makes it all even better. Must hit.

Back