Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Man you are really making me want to hit this thing. I've never carried a hybrid, but have really been thinking about replacing my 4i with one. Want to see/hit these.

One of the things I have come to love is the alignment aid. I am really becoming a stickler about it on my woods and hybos. Love seeing that on here.

... hybrids is one area I've always thought Callaway greated lagged behind the competition in.

Interesting because I have always felt they were a little underrated in this department. Want a good SGI/GI iron? Callaway. Want a top line driver? Callaway. Want a great putter? Odyssey. Want a good hybrid? Crickets.

Almost every one of their hybrids that I've hit have been solid performers.

Interesting because I have always felt they were a little underrated in this department. Want a good SGI/GI iron? Callaway. Want a top line driver? Callaway. Want a great putter? Odyssey. Want a good hybrid? Crickets.

Almost every one of their hybrids that I've hit have been solid performers.

I agree. I have two of them - the razr x hybo and the ft hz hybo and really love both of them. If this is anything or better than those I'm sold.

This is one club that I am dying to try. I have always struggled with keeping hybrids straight all the time but this might be the solution. Excited to hear that it's a bomber and I am really digging the head shape.

When I get back to playing golf, I would be shocked if these did not end up in my bag.

When I get back to playing golf, I would be shocked if these did not end up in my bag.

The way you keep talking about these, has me really excited. I absolutely loved the XHot hybrids. I was nervous that they went away from the warbird shape but if you are saying the new shape is an improvement, then color me intrigued.

I would say that speaks volumes to these clubs, I can't wait to get a chance to hit them!

I said from the very first address picture that they look "mean." I absolutely can't wait to swing these.

I like the look of this version, last one looked blah. Should be a great club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like the looks of these. If they offer a higher ball flight than last years model I might have to look into these

Thanks
Kyle Garrett

Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Its a rocket launcher man. Its the only hybrid I put at or near the Cleveland so far for me.

That alone is high praise. The Cleveland hybrids are the longest clubs I've ever hit number vs number. Any perceived loss in your accuracy?

That alone is high praise. The Cleveland hybrids are the longest clubs I've ever hit number vs number. Any perceived loss in your accuracy?

None at all. I have played the same hybrid off and on for close to 4 years. I believe that this is my next hybrid.

Apologies for the skim. Is there a release date yet?

As someone who tends to miss toward the toe, I'm loving the looks of the high toe.

I agree. I have two of them - the razr x hybo and the ft hz hybo and really love both of them. If this is anything or better than those I'm sold.

I've owned the following Callaway hybrids:
- Original X: liked the turf interaction, nothing special distance wise. Good gap club.
- Diablo Edge: Probably my favorite Callaway hybrid that I've owned. Medium-high ball flight that produced decent length but where the ball would still stop, fairly straight, decent turf interaction. Sort of a Swiss Army knife, but that's kind of what I want out of a hybrid.
- FT-IZ: Long, but low shots. The fairways were the same way. I think it was the shafts because the head design should have produced higher ball flights with the tungsten weights low and back. Visually these were beautiful clubs and I really liked the triangle design. Performance wise, they weren't for me because I could never get them to stick on a green (even with the 4). Turf interaction wasn't the greatest from the rough.
- Razr XFs: The sleeper of the group. These had been panned in some reviews, but I really liked them. They were the closest thing to an iron replacement due to the fact that they had a flat face without vertical bulge and roll. They hit sky balls that were very straight.

I've also hit some other ones. I've found them all to be solid clubs.

For JB to rave, they must be good. He's been fond of the Cleveland graphite shafted hybrids for some time.

For JB to rave, they must be good. He's been fond of the Cleveland graphite shafted hybrids for some time.

I have been dude. Played the one in my bag right now for around 4 years. Tried nearly every hybrid to hit the market since that time and none beat it for me. This one beat it in my limited swings with it by a pretty big margin.

I'm really intrigued by all the changes versus the current Xhot. I kinda regret not getting the pro model with less offset. Good to see they have addressed it. Will definitely check these out upon release to the market.

Really looking forward to hearing more about these on the course. Like the new head shape for me; Adams XTD TI was pretty high on the testing list for next year but think this one will give it a run for it's money. Solid shaft offering and with the technology of the woods last year packed into a hybrid, will be tough to beat.

Okay. As much as I'm a homer for the "pro" stuff, I'll add that THIS hybrid is going to be a HIT! It's SO forgiving and sets up great. I've been kinda hit or miss with my XHP hybrid. Sometimes good, sometimes terrible. But this X2 Hot hybrid is EL MOOLAH!! Wow. What a great hybrid. Sets up clean. Looks greAt behind the ball. Dogs it out of the rough with ease. It's going to be a HIT for Callaway Golf!

Reminds me of the Adams Peanut hybrids, especially the Pro head. I am looking forward to putting them in the bag.

I think there are going to be a whole lot of guys with these in their bag at the Morgan Cup. The courses set up well for this hybrid both off the tee and into the greens on par 5s.

I ordered the 18 and 20 in the Pro after my fitting at Callaway. The only thing I wish I had done is get on a monitor to see yardage differences vs my Stage 2 Pros. I went with the Pro for the more compact head and smaller profile at address. I had NO problems with accuracy OR distance on the range with these. They could end up being a real game changed for me!

I think there are going to be a whole lot of guys with these in their bag at the Morgan Cup. The courses set up well for this hybrid both off the tee and into the greens on par 5s.

Hmmm I'm looking at you #10 at True Blue. That's a pretty classic case of having to lay up.

Back