Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Yep, when I get to the states next month, i am going to get a cheap one of these.

What ya got in mind?

Not sure what you mean. Will be on the lookout for a second hand 3 or 4 hybrid. And to get rid of my apex irons too.

Played a course from about the back-most tees, with a lot of long par 4's...combine that with a tendency to play my 4-wood instead of driver off the tee, and I was left with a lot of 180+ carries, and man, do these hybrids deliver. Very long, very easy to swing, and they produce such a drilling ball flight. Starts low, spin kicks in and produces plenty of lift and a soft landing. Also got some pretty consistent yardage. I'd been on the fence about them due to some middling performances, but getting used to swinging easier has produced some great results. Having confidence with these for a second shot makes it easier to play safer shots off the tee, and I like that.

Had some fun hitting the 3H, 4H, 5H, and 6H X2 HOT HYBRIDS. The 3H knock off my 5 wood. The 4H knock out the 4i. And the 5H and 6H just snuck in the back door.

Truth be told. I could never hit a 3, 4, 5 irons with any consistently or distance so the choice was easy.

Glad you found something. I have been using the 4 quite a bit and still love it.

How are these forgiveness wise compared to Mashies and Classic, 588, G20, G25, bio and amp cell? I had both and love Mashies sound and hated the look, switched to G20 over classic to match my G20 irons set. How are these forgiveness wise compared to Baffler XL as well? I am HC player and need the most forgiveness I can get but with good looks because of my OCD

How are these forgiveness wise compared to Mashies and Classic, 588, G20, G25, bio and amp cell? I had both and love Mashies sound and hated the look, switched to G20 over classic to match my G20 irons set. How are these forgiveness wise compared to Baffler XL as well? I am HC player and need the most forgiveness I can get but with good looks because of my OCD
Most forgiving I have hit to date. Although the new Berthas may have upped the ante with the addition of adjustability

The Cup face is incredibly forgiving and the new look compared to the XHots makes them much more playable from anywhere this year. X2Hots are a clear winner this year for all hybrids.

I have had the 18* X2 Hot Pro in my bag the last couple weeks and the jury is still out on it for me. It is longer than the Titleist 503h that was in my bag for the last 7 years, but so far it's not as accurate. I think I still might prefer more of a iron shaped head with no roll to the face on a hybrid. I'll leave it in the bag for another 10 rounds to give it a fair chance.

Last edited:
Ill be looking to pick these up at a deep discount this winter. Pretty excited about the possibility of replacing my mashie. If it does that means it's GOOD!

Most forgiving I have hit to date. Although the new Berthas may have upped the ante with the addition of adjustability

You mean Birtha Hybos are as forgiving as X2 hot?
I read how much you love BB driver for forgiveness and sound, can't wait to hit them. I avoided BB line because of the name tell you the truth, stupid, I know. Name always sounded like something that is old and ancient not fresh like Cobra naming. But the look of BB is incredible. I know you included, also loved the forgiveness of the BB FWs, which I also want to try.

The Cup face is incredibly forgiving and the new look compared to the XHots makes them much more playable from anywhere this year. X2Hots are a clear winner this year for all hybrids.

Great. Gotta try them for sure. Along with BB if JB says they are as forgiving. So X2 Hot are even more forgiving than my ugly G20s which are super easy?

Great. Gotta try them for sure. Along with BB if JB says they are as forgiving. So X2 Hot are even more forgiving than my ugly G20s which are super easy?

I've not hit the G20s before, but the X2Hot are the best hybrids I've ever hit and I've hit many, many before. BB is adjustable which makes it a little different from the X2Hot, but they are both fantastic options. Only way to really find out is to go hit them and compare to your gamer.

I've not hit the G20s before, but the X2Hot are the best hybrids I've ever hit and I've hit many, many before. BB is adjustable which makes it a little different from the X2Hot, but they are both fantastic options. Only way to really find out is to go hit them and compare to your gamer.

Makes sense. I hope golfsmith has lefties to try as they never ever have any lefty Cleveland. And hardly all sizes lefties in different brands. It's hard to test for us lefties.

Also pondering an upgrade to replace my beloved Mashie M2.....these look like they would fit the bill!

Everytime I get out to use these, I am amazed at them. Just so easy to hit well. Good spacing between the lofts and blend in well with my Apex irons irregardless to where I start with them. Such a major step up from the XHots.

I have been reading all about hybrids today and the thought of a 16 and 20 sounds like it could be fun. I'm just nervous about them holding a green.

I have been reading all about hybrids today and the thought of a 16 and 20 sounds like it could be fun. I'm just nervous about them holding a green.
I've found these to be pretty spinny. I think the flight on them is pretty solid. If you put a good strike on them, I think they'll hold reasonably receptive greens.

I've never had an issue with mine holding a green. I do tend to flight the ball pretty high though, especially with these hybrids. That said I doubt you'll have any issues getting them to bite on the green.

Is the VTS shaft more similar to the tour green or tour blue?

The 16 would be the Pro version, right?

The 16 would be the Pro version, right?

Yeah it its. I hit the ball high and never had a problem with an 18* Razr x Tour so I think I could get the 16 x2 pro to stop.

Yeah it its. I hit the ball high and never had a problem with an 18* Razr x Tour so I think I could get the 16 x2 pro to stop.
How do the x2hots compare to the RazrX hybrids to you?

How do the x2hots compare to the RazrX hybrids to you?

Never had a reason to hit another hybrid since I got the Razr X so I don't know yet. I'm just doing a lot of reading and looking right now. I may just buy a couple more Razr X Tours. I think they are just that good for me.

Never had a reason to hit another hybrid since I got the Razr X so I don't know yet. I'm just doing a lot of reading and looking right now. I may just buy a couple more Razr X Tours. I think they are just that good for me.
I play the RazrX hybrids (non pro) and absolutely love them. I have zero reason to change them out but they are the oldest stuff in my bag and I occasionally get twitchy about going with something newer. These are on my radar. Please share what you see, I'll be following along.

Back