Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in hand pictures of the new line coming from Callaway Golf. You can read all the details on the THP Home page.

i-Q3692nd-L.jpg

i-s6n73wn-L.jpg

i-rJRQD2r-L.jpg

i-pVzLP84-L.jpg

i-NRtNSm7-L.jpg

The toe looks to be higher and the channel is wider on the bottom. It also looks like less offset. I like the look now I need to read.

Interesting to see they went away from the low profile face of their current model; I'm looking forward to getting some swings in with this one.

A 13x larger sweet spot and more contemporary design has my name written all over it. I don't expect this line to fall short at all. Upgrading to the x2 line in hybrid and FW sounds logical to me. My only concern will be the shafts but swapping out is easy enough.

A 13x larger sweet spot and more contemporary design has my name written all over it. I don't expect this line to fall short at all. Upgrading to the x2 line in hybrid and FW sounds logical to me. My only concern will be the shafts but swapping out is easy enough.

That 13x larger sweet spot and less offset really sounds like a winner. I really need to hit this hybrid.

Well this is certainly a different look. I like the higher toe and it seems that they took some of the offset away. I don't like the offset as I tend to make hybrids go left anyways and the offset just helps it along more.

The toe looks to be higher and the channel is wider on the bottom. It also looks like less offset. I like the look now I need to read.

That's what I didn't like about last year's hybos. The offset was a little much for my liking.

That's what I didn't like about last year's hybos. The offset was a little much for my liking.

That was the feedback I heard from a few people but the performance for me won undeniable. I actually liked the lower profile and look of the club.

My eye always falls to less offset so these look good but I'm a fan of the last model they had

anyone else find marketing annoying sometimes. claim 13x larger sweet spot ... basically saying that the last one you bought that was the largest sweet spot ever was a pos.

less offset does look interesting though. cool the way the toe is so high. I bet that would help those toe hits a bunch!

anyone else find marketing annoying sometimes. claim 13x larger sweet spot ... basically saying that the last one you bought that was the largest sweet spot ever was a pos.

I think techonology is ever changing. It's the nature of the beast. These guys are already working on late 2014 and early 2015 releases/logistics. Be cognizant of those claims though. They play a role, but obviously this club won't work for everyone. I do most of my judging off the results I get when I swing it.

Looks like a winner here! Can't wait to see if I can actually hit a hybo! I really like the less offset like others have noticed.

I like this design a good bit compared to last year. Larger face is nice.

I like the look, need to give this one a try soon.

Interest peeked. Felt this was this only line left that could be really improved from Callaway.

I have 2 Xhot Hybrids and I have to say I am not really a fan of the looks or design of this one. 1) I do not like the orange 2) I do not like the fact they went away from the Warbird design that works so well for me on the XHot. The currently line are the easiest hybrids I have ever hit so if these are easier, more forgiving, and have a bigger sweet spot, then sign me up! Also, kinda weird they went with blue graphics on the shaft with a orange paint scheme on the club.

I'll be replacing my A7 hybrid soon - this goes on the ponder list!

This years X Hot really soured me, it would take alot for this hybrid to win me over. I do like the deeper face however.

These look really nice, very traditional and a departure from the shallow/wide Xhots and previous Razr X tour. These could be special.

I'm not opposed to the look. A little more squarish on the face compared to the xhot. I will definitely have to try these out.

A few thoughts.

-The shaft choice is awesome.
-I see a little Mashie shape in there. That's a good thing.
-I'm surprised to see just how different this one is from the original. I saw the same and just assumed a lot of the same. Definitely not the case.
-I loved the profile of the x1 face. Hoping this one is as stupid easy to hit.

Less offset sounds good to me. Plus, it almost looks "mean" at address.

I have absolutely no doubt that an X2 Hot 3H or 5 wood will be in my bag before long. Larger sweet spot and a great shaft offering is calling my name in a big way.

This one gives me the impression of a much more utility club than last years model. The squared off face and higher toe makes it seem more like a utility iron style club that other lines have been pushing out. I think I like that with this one.

I've been hoping to get a hybrid in my bag at some point. Everything about this one looks fantastic, can't wait to see it.

Back