Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Hi all. Just a bit of input about this club.

I am by no means the world's best ball striker and have an average swing speed. I jagged a crazy price for an 18* pro stiff on the bay and the comments in this thread convinced me to give it a crack.
First hit today, bloody hell, this thing is a monster. I usually play regular but the shaft in this is unbelievably stable and well weighted. Straight bomb after straight bomb with no drama whatsoever getting the pill airborne. I purchased the club to gap between my Bio Cell 3/4 wood and my J40 4 iron. This thing is not far at all behind the Cobra distance-wise and I was holding greens with it no problems at all. Again, the advice on this forum was bang on. Which leads me to another thing....

I live an hour South of Sydney and other than heading into the big smoke and paying a small fortune, there is no way to be correctly fitted for clubs. The LM's in the golf chain stores over here are average at best and you can forget about getting a go outdoors on a TrackMan. So I have to rely on the research and the advice of others when buying equipment - my local pro has a sever case of brand loyalty surprise surprise. I stumbled across THP by mistake and the honest, no ********, genuine feedback I have attained from THP'ers comments and feedback has been a godsend. I crap you not, it has allowed me to build a bag that I love and game with confidence. So without blowing anymore smoke up ya's, thank you all very much, THP is now my go to for all things golf related. Cheers.

Added the 4H to the bag this morning. My local course cut me deal on the demo I used that I couldn't pass up. Will be posting my Adams Tight Lies 4H in the marketplace soon.

FOF - try moving it up in your stance off the tee. I struggled off the tee with it until I did this, and now I hit it nearly as far as my driver off the tee, with less dispersion. Just something to try!

Just when I was ready to move on from my X2Hot Pro's I have a weekend where I absolutely blistered these. I had several shots where the 20* & 23* performed well and provided the distances I needed. The more compact head of the pro suits my eye & inspires confidence at address. AdamW watched me hit these several times yesterday and was amazed on how they reward a well struck shot. For the moment, my hybrid ponder is on hold & I might even replace the Bio Cell 2/3 hybrid with a 16* X2Hot Pro.

Reading this thread, I see there's a lot of love for these. I'm so-so with mine. May be in the BST in the near future. If anyone is interested in the 3-6 hybrids in regular flex, let me know. I have those 4 hybrids in excellent shape!

Reading this thread, I see there's a lot of love for these. I'm so-so with mine. May be in the BST in the near future. If anyone is interested in the 3-6 hybrids in regular flex, let me know. I have those 4 hybrids in excellent shape!

After gaming the 3&4H for 10 rounds or so I ended up picking up kuyaariel's 5H. These things are so easy to hit consistent even with my below average swing. Nice ball flights that are easy to land and stop. My ball striking consistency leaves a lot to be desired yet these things perform time after time.

Last week I really got a hold of one and put the 3H a little over 200 yards, my second shot, on a long par five that left me with a little 20yd chip to the green.

Picked this guy up today. Just killed it hitting off the mat into the LM. Such a nice sound at impact and sooo long!
ba0a3185e35aa171841a38275a06d351.jpg

Oh and to get ready for the THP Event in a few weeks it just so happen to have this in it :)
378f88db024234d866d7c67838a98f1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still loving these Hybrids every time out. This past weekend, after seeing an article about it, I tried using my five for flat, no bunker or water to carry, roll ups to the green from 50 yards or so. I gripped it like my putter and put a strong putter stroke on it and watched it roll right up to the green. Just another use for a great club. Between the 3,4and 5 hybrid I've all but elimanted my 5 and 6 iron shots on the course.

I am starting to use them from the tee on certain holes and have seen great improvement on hitting my second shot from the short stuff in the fairway instead of the long stuff on the right. I've found that by just exposing the top of the tee from the ground I can put a pretty good ride on the ball. Now if only I could figure out my short game I might start lowering my handicap.

I have the 4,5 & 6 hyrbids. My longest iron is a 7. Yes, these hybrids are that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 4 & 5. most consistent clubs in my bag, if I make a decent swing I get awesome results. If I actually put a good swing on it, watch out.

I have thought about trying the XR, but really can't see how they can be any better than these clubs.

I'm so glad I got the opportunity to get the 16* Pro back in the bag. I hit the X2Hot Pros so well and I am not sure anything can come along to replace them. The distance, forgiveness and more importantly the confidence I have with these is crazy. I'm sure something will come along, but for this season, these are my hybrids to round out the top of my bag.

I'm still loving these Hybrids every time out. This past weekend, after seeing an article about it, I tried using my five for flat, no bunker or water to carry, roll ups to the green from 50 yards or so. I gripped it like my putter and put a strong putter stroke on it and watched it roll right up to the green. Just another use for a great club. Between the 3,4and 5 hybrid I've all but elimanted my 5 and 6 iron shots on the course.

I am starting to use them from the tee on certain holes and have seen great improvement on hitting my second shot from the short stuff in the fairway instead of the long stuff on the right. I've found that by just exposing the top of the tee from the ground I can put a pretty good ride on the ball. Now if only I could figure out my short game I might start lowering my handicap.
Sounds very similar. Just got a Titleist 4H on order. Can't wait but it's the short game that needs work! I tried the X2 and the XR but couldn't get the launch for me, but they sure did perform.. Have fun

I picked up a X2H 5 hybrid from Callaway Pre-Owned to join the X2H 4 hybrid I already had and the 5 sounds completely tinny and different which makes no sense at all.

I was thinking of switching to the XR pros but lately I've been hitting the x2hot pros so well they're staying in the bag. Coming from the standard x2hot model, the tour green shaft has been a game changer and allows me to put a good swing with no fear of missing left. The high trajectory makes it a lot easier to hit greens from 200yds+. Overall just a great hybrid.

Just got my x2hot 3h today from CPO. I really, really like how this looks. I couldn't wait until Saturday so I dropped a ball in the yard and hit it into the woods behind the house. Felt good and had a nice draw to it...the tour blue shaft seems like it helps get the ball up too. Looking forward to more time with this and seeing if I can get 220 yards out of it...

Got to hit this on course yesterday. Got similar distance to the 5w I replaced and I am 1000% more comfortable over this than a fairway off the deck. Was 225 out on a par 5 and came up about 10 yards short. Ball flight was pretty high on that shot so only being 10 yards short was a surprise. A little work with this one and I think I can hit that magic 220 mark.

Coming from older hybrids the ball just sounds like it explodes off the face...it's pretty awesome.

3/3 FIRs with the pro version yesterday. I need to hit this more often off the tee on short par 4s.

After a few rounds/practice I don't like the X2h 5H Aldila blue R at all and might just go grab another xh 5h px s for $80 at Rockbottom. The x2h feels weird and sounds even weirder. I wonder if it was beaten beyond it's useful life before it ended up at Cally PO. It was an "avg" condition club with significant wear. What's even stranger is I have had an X2h 4h (blue s) that I really like and have no problems launching and it doesn't sound anything like the 5.

My old xh 5h had the PX stiff shaft which shouldn't be a money maker for me on it too. I'm not blowing over $200 for a new XR.

After a few rounds/practice I don't like the X2h 5H Aldila blue R at all and might just go grab another xh 5h px s for $80 at Rockbottom. The x2h feels weird and sounds even weirder. I wonder if it was beaten beyond it's useful life before it ended up at Cally PO. It was an "avg" condition club with significant wear.

My old xh 5h had the PX stiff shaft which shouldn't be a money maker for me on it too. I'm not blowing over $200 for a new XR.

I tried to make the X2Hot work for me but just couldnt. The XHot was a much better fit for me with the warbird sole. But no denying, some people absolutely crush the X2Hot. It was made for distance and does a good job with that.

I really like it do far, pondering a 4h to go with it actually. ugh.

I just got my 3h from CPO sale last week (40% off!) delivered yesterday. It was still shrink-wrapped and untouched. For ~$70!!! Ridiculous deal. Anyway, my beloved mashie has officially been bumped from the bag. It served me well - but this x2 3h is an absolute ROCKET. Shockingly easier to hit, I love the look at address, and at least 15 yards farther than the mashie M2 (18*) that it replaced! In fact, it might make my x2 3w all but obsolete - that thing is amazing as well but I'm not nearly as consistent with it.

I really like it do far, pondering a 4h to go with it actually. ugh.

I pulled the trigger on this with the last of the CPO sale. 4h arrives later this week. Ughuhgugh ... I have issues, lol.

My Apex set starts with my 5i, so I think the 4h will fill a nice gap. It was either that or get the Apex 4i. Something I'm not opposed to one bit...

I gamed the pro's for a season and while the face was hot just couldn't control at time, most likely indian not the arrow. Went to the G30 hybrids and while I lost distance, the forgiveness increased.
I am intrigued by the XRs.

I tried to make the X2Hot work for me but just couldnt. The XHot was a much better fit for me with the warbird sole. But no denying, some people absolutely crush the X2Hot. It was made for distance and does a good job with that.
Unfortunately I am in the same boat. Traded in my X Hot's for the X2 Hot's on CPO during their sale (without having hit them). Been out on the range a few times and just cannot seem to hit these AT ALL. The sole of the X Hot just worked better for me. May have to do another trade on CPO and get my originals back.

I am very late to the party but that is how I roll....thanks to cpo I just picked up these in 3 and 4 tour blue stiff. I was not disappointed with my xhots but with the trade in bonus and sale I could not resist. I notice less offset with these, the deem a touch heavier, the sole is flatter and the face area, especially toward the toe, is greater. I love the solid feel of the strike, the sound is pure power, and they are long and forgiving. I find the flight slightly lower than the xhot with pxi shaft, more of a boring, ever increasing and carrying flight. They have some great deals on these hybos if you are considering a purchase. Oh yeah, and the 3 fairway wood is a BOMBER!!

I am very late to the party but that is how I roll....thanks to cpo I just picked up these in 3 and 4 tour blue stiff. I was not disappointed with my xhots but with the trade in bonus and sale I could not resist. I notice less offset with these, the deem a touch heavier, the sole is flatter and the face area, especially toward the toe, is greater. I love the solid feel of the strike, the sound is pure power, and they are long and forgiving. I find the flight slightly lower than the xhot with pxi shaft, more of a boring, ever increasing and carrying flight. They have some great deals on these hybos if you are considering a purchase. Oh yeah, and the 3 fairway wood is a BOMBER!!

I have this exact setup and took advantage of the same deal!! Picked up a 3h/4h (and I already had the 3w). They are monsters for sure!

Back