Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Is the Callaway X2 Hot Blue Hybrid Graphite shaft the Aldilia Tour Blue?

I have the 3h and 4h sitting in the cart at CPO right now...I just can't seem to pull the trigger...

I have the 3h and 4h sitting in the cart at CPO right now...I just can't seem to pull the trigger...

If you have the ones in average condition selected and the price is only $123 for both then it is a hard deal to pass up.

For the record, the 4h I got in "average" looked like it had only been hit a few times...

The X2H 5h I got in "average" looked like it had spent some hard time on a dusty range and the face was devoid of pretty much any paint. I ain't complaining or anything as the price was fair. I traded it to one of my golf groups higher handicaps and he's lovin' it.

I put a pair or Recoil shafts in my 3 and 4 and really like these clubs.

The X2hot Pro 3h I got is a monster. So far happy happy and debating the 4h.

Bumping an old thread but I got the 4 hybrid from CPO to replace my older adams 3 hybrid and 4 iron and tried it for the first time today. On the first hole I was 240 out and pulled it just to see what kind of distance I could get. I took a smooth swing and hit it high and straight at the flag and came up about 15 yards short. Later, on another par 5, I dropped a ball from 210 out and hit it right over the flag and rolled it to the back of the green. I also used it off the tee on a 339 yard par 4 and ended up right beside the 100 yard marker. I'm gonna have to spend some time at the range to see if I can choke up on it and get a little less distance so that I won't still need my 4 iron. So far I couldn't be happier with its performance.

X2 HOT 3 Hybrid 19 * 236 yards pin high with a touch of English. 3' drop and stop from the divot. Give me putt. Which I missed.

Don was killing these all weekend long. He needs Callaway to make an entire set pronto! 2-9 iron!

Don was killing these all weekend long. He needs Callaway to make an entire set pronto! 2-9 iron!
That's how I felt after taking my 4 hybrid to the course for the first time! If it holds up I may consider the 5h as well if my pride can handle it.

Snatched up a used 3h the other day, excited to give it a go as I didn't get along with the original x hot very well.

Snatched up a used 3h the other day, excited to give it a go as I didn't get along with the original x hot very well.
Mine goes straight and long. 230 over water 10' from the pin with minimal roll out.

You'll fall in love like I did.

At least I hope so.

It's a very different golf club. I was surprised they abandoned the X Hot at first, but I think you'll see why they went that direction.

It's a very different golf club. I was surprised they abandoned the X Hot at first, but I think you'll see why they went that direction.

my favorite hybrid in the last few years without a doubt. I still have my 3 sitting on the bench after getting the heavenwood. The 4H though has been great for me, allowed me to kick out the 5 iron.

My work mate lent me his 18° pro to try. He can't hit it very well and I'm in the market so I'll give it a try. It had the tour green shaft which I like, as I have one in my 5 deep.

I recently picked these up and was smoking them at the range. However, I just played a bunch of rounds over the weekend in Palm Springs area and they sure didn't make a good case for staying in the bag. I was hooking almost all of them, which is unusual for me. This was never a problem for me with the mashie.

All this to say, I took advantage of the 20% off CPO sale and bought an Apex UT iron, so I'm going to play both for awhile to see who wins. In general I hit my irons more consistently than my hybrids. However, I usually didn't have a problem with them.

I came away from these rounds utterly confused...

I recently picked these up and was smoking them at the range. However, I just played a bunch of rounds over the weekend in Palm Springs area and they sure didn't make a good case for staying in the bag. I was hooking almost all of them, which is unusual for me. This was never a problem for me with the mashie.

All this to say, I took advantage of the 20% off CPO sale and bought an Apex UT iron, so I'm going to play both for awhile to see who wins. In general I hit my irons more consistently than my hybrids. However, I usually didn't have a problem with them.

I came away from these rounds utterly confused...
I just setup with the face open just a degree or two compared to my setup with my irons and boom. Off the ball goes long and straight.

I've always played my hybrids this way FWIW.

But I also prefer to play my long irons and have been playing the XRP'S 4-AW with a lot of success. So only carry the 3 X2 HOT hybrids and 3 DEEP 14.5 X2 HOT FAIRWAY WOOD on top.

But definitely tempted by the sales prices on virtually brand new gear at CPO recently.

Back