Callaway XHot Hybrid - Forum Testing Review

Easiest hybrid I've hit to date. Period. Appears my hybrid woos are over.

You can say that again:)
This hybrid does work!

Just thought I'd note that some random person commented on my Instagram photo of the X-Hot hybrid and said how easy it was to hit along with the how long they are!
#XBombs

I used my 18* pro a few times the other day but not in the way it was meant. I used it to get out of trouble. I had a 50yd shot from under some Florida oaks to back right pin. I had to keep it low for 35yd and have it roll up the slope and back to the flag on the lower back right.

The ball came out perfect off the sandy lie, cleared all of the branches and sticks, landed short of the slope, rolled up and back to the flag. The ball settled on the back fridge and let me a makable birdie shot.

I also used it out of the left rough from 227 to a center pin a par 5. I had to keep it low and moving left around some pines. The ball shot out and smoothly turn left about 4' off the ground and rolled right past the flag to about 15' left of the hole for eagle.

Those are two shots I do not practice but knew they might be a possibility. The Xhot pro pulled them off. I love this club, it's a great hybrid

^This man knows how to work the ball! Excellent feedback FK

Best
Hybrid
Ever!

I'm on record already about my hybrid woes and how I've enjoyed this club so far. I'm not going to get into how great it is for me, just one story. In my match Sunday against tnolan, a buddy of his came down and followed us around. Forgive me Tyler, as I've forgotten his name, but he was a super nice guy and encouraged both of us the entire match. But we were about half way through when I stepped up to the tee box with my XHot Pro 20 degree and he looks at me and says, "I think we're gonna have to find a way to steal that out of your bag before the end of the match".

I've searched a long time for a reliable hybrid and I've finally found one. Thank you Callaway Golf!

After hearing & witnessing all of the success with these in MB, I had to pull the trigger on one.

Always been a hybrid lover and I want some Callaway in the bag. 16* pro is on the way!

After hearing & witnessing all of the success with these in MB, I had to pull the trigger on one.

Always been a hybrid lover and I want some Callaway in the bag. 16* pro is on the way!

Nice #Cookie It will be a nice extension of your Altitudes. Extremely easy to hit and gets the ball up in the air very quickly. Cant wait to hear your thoughts.

Nice #Cookie It will be a nice extension of your Altitudes. Extremely easy to hit and gets the ball up in the air very quickly. Cant wait to hear your thoughts.

Thanks bud!

At 16*, it could open possibilities with replacing a 3w & 5w. If I really like, I could see adding another. With a 16* club I am not hitting into many greens but rather solid off the tee and hitting into par 5's where no danger exists.

Thanks bud!

At 16*, it could open possibilities with replacing a 3w & 5w. If I really like, I could see adding another. With a 16* club I am not hitting into many greens but rather solid off the tee and hitting into par 5's where no danger exists.

These allowed me to go with a 7W, 3H, 5H setup because they are so versatile. When they are in my hand, I know what to expect and what I can do with them. For me, that is huge.

These allowed me to go with a 7W, 3H, 5H setup because they are so versatile. When they are in my hand, I know what to expect and what I can do with them. For me, that is huge.

No doubt! Confidence in any club at 170 plus is huge....game changer I dare say.

I'm excited!

No doubt! Confidence in any club at 170 plus is huge....game changer I dare say.

I'm excited!

Look forward to hearing your initial thoughts on these. Get after it!!

I'm excited!

Hello 4 hybrid, 5 hybrid, 5W and 3 Deep. Absolutely game changers for me.

Hello 4 hybrid, 5 hybrid, 5W and 3 Deep. Absolutely game changers for me.

Glad to hear you picked these up buddy. They seem to be fitting your standards also:)

I'm loving mine so far. 170 off the ground 190 off the tee. I'm looking into a 3 deep, but I couldn't hit the 13 off the ground at all. Waiting for the shop to get the 14.5 in

These are great, hit the 3&5 off both deck and tee into the wind at the range and got great distance. Where these get high marks for me are off the deck, wow do they go. Can't wait to play my first round w them tomorrow.

I'm working with another 4 hybrid right now. Just trying to find the magic club I guess. Last two shots of the night I pulled this one out to see how it compared and it was a minimum of 10 yards longer. Straight too. Why does is do that to me? I was all convinced I was in hook city with it and now I'm thinking it has to go back for one more try.

Tried the 4 hybrid yesterday on an LM to compare with the Mashie+, Adams a12OS, and TM RBZ. I'm a Mashie man, and this very nearly changed my mind - I would have been all over it if it wasn't almost twice the price of the Mashie. Incredibly easy to hit, and very straight. Distance is similar to the Mashie, maybe even a hair longer. I couldn't justify the price difference right now though, plus a 4 Mashie will match my other hybrid.

...the a12OS and the RBZ weren't nearly as good, in my opinion.

I hit the 18 degree today at Golf Galaxy, I'd like a chance to hit this during normal golf conditions to see if its a sweet there as it is on the trackman. Could earn a spot in the bag

I hit the 18 degree today at Golf Galaxy, I'd like a chance to hit this during normal golf conditions to see if its a sweet there as it is on the trackman. Could earn a spot in the bag

Would you be filling a gap or replacing a club?

I can't tell you how much I love my 19* XHot! I was smoking this thing today. I found it pretty easy to work the ball.

I really want to try the pro version.

come up and use mine for a round buddy! its one of the best hybos i've ever owned.

come up and use mine for a round buddy! its one of the best hybos i've ever owned.
For sure. I've got a place to stay in Harleysville

For sure. I've got a place to stay in Harleysville

you got a place to stay in limerick too ! seriously if you can't make it up and you wanna give her a test run i could even ship it down to you to try out if you ship it back cause that club ain't coming out of my bag anytime soon.

Back