Handicap
The Following is a Press Release:

XR 16 Sub Zero Driver - Extreme Low Spin For The Best Players

Release Date: 4/15

Lofts: 9.5* (right-handed only)

Clubhead Size: 440cc

Price: $449.99

Product Intro:

The XR 16 Sub Zero represents the lowest Center of Gravity we’ve ever engineered in a driver. This means players with high swing speeds that generate a lot of spin can use the extremely low spin Sub Zero to drive the ball even farther. We used a new proprietary Carbon Triax Crown that’s our lowest carbon crown ever to redistribute weight below the neutral axis.

Then we added two interchangeable weights in the head (10g and 2g) to fine tune the launch and spin you need to maximize distance. You can move the heavy weight forward for the lowest spinning, flattest trajectory or move the heavy weight back to promote a slightly higher trajectory and more forgiveness. And you can choose from 20 premium, no upcharge shafts to fit your swing speed. This driver has also been proven on Tour this year by players like Phil Mickelson.

Features & Benefits:

Extremely Low Spin For Exceptional Distance
The Sub Zero has a CG that’s below the neutral axis, and it’s the lowest CG we’ve ever had in a Callaway Driver. We’ve done this by using a new Carbon Triax Crown that’s our lightest carbon crown ever. If you’re a higher swing speed player that can take advantage of lower spin with a deep face design, you’ll be picking up more distance.

Fine Tune Your Trajectory
There are two interchangeable weights in the head (2g and 10g). You can place the weights in the forward or rearward position to help control the trajectory and the shot shape you want to play. The distance from this driver is great, and when you combine that with the workability, you can take on any tee shot.

20 No Upcharge Shafts
We’ve got 20 premium aftermarket shafts for you to choose from. We know that one of them will be a perfect fit for your swing speed and tempo.

xr-16-sub-zero-driver-sole-a-2016-XL.jpg

xr-16-sub-zero-driver-sole-b-2016-XL.jpg

xr-16-sub-zero-driver-sole-a-2016%20%281%29-XL.jpg

xr-16-sub-zero-driver-face-2016-XL.jpg

xr-16-sub-zero-driver-address-2016-XL.jpg

Really pretty but I need more spin not less. 15 years ago this would have a great driver for me! I always did have bad timing!!

Hmmmmmm this just sounds like I'm meant to hit it

Sub Zero is just a bad ass name.

YES! Been trying to get me hands on one for a while really excited to see this in hand. That said I know this will have a small segment of players that can game it but I am at least going to give it a shot.

Any chance this one will be at Club Clash ?

Want this. Sounds awesome.

Looks could the enginerring into it is interesting I may be in the market t for a new driver

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

THP will be at Callaway HQ and I have a feeling you will hear a lot more about this one.

YES! Been trying to get me hands on one for a while really excited to see this in hand. That said I know this will have a small segment of players that can game it but I am at least going to give it a shot.

Any chance this one will be at Club Clash ?

Yes it will be.

Oh my..I want to hit this!

Looking forward to hearing more about it hopefully this afternoon.

How much of a spin reduction has Callaway found between the sub zero and the regular XR or XR pro?

I'm excited to try it. I do wish they released it at the same time as the other XR16 drivers.

I'm excited to try it. I do wish they released it at the same time as the other XR16 drivers.

I agree but I thought this was one of those products they didn't intend on bringing out until the masses kept asking for it?

I agree but I thought this was one of those products they didn't intend on bringing out until the masses kept asking for it?
That is how I understood it. I am very impressed with the price point on this one I really expected it to be much more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not designed for me and my game, but I like the thought of this driver. I know a few that could benefit from this.

Probably right. They must have really ramped up the production on it to get it out so quickly.

My my.

The name is badass. Absolutely love it.

While I enjoy low spin I don't need to be hitting a 440cc driver and I'm not a better player.

Looking forward to seeing some A players hit this.

Paging JeffJohn.

Looks awesome! I will definitely be giving this a try. I am looking forward to seeing the list of no upcharge shafts!

I'm not one of the best players, but I certainly benefit from lower spin. I'll give it a try for sure, though I'm pretty happy with what I've got right now.

So pumped about this.... Have been hoping they would listen to the masses and produce this one

Love the naming of this one, just sounds vicious. Not sure how the low spin design will work for me, but will like to give it a go... #CLUBCLASH

Love the naming of this one, just sounds vicious. Not sure how the low spin design will work for me, but will like to give it a go... #CLUBCLASH
Mortal Kombat running through my head. Sub-Zero wins!

I really like the shape - deep face with a very traditional pear shape. This may be too enticing to keep out of my bag!

Back