Callaway's Marketing

I wonder if sales of the Razr Hawk would be much better if it was white?

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Lol not at all! I'm just saying as far as technology... We rarely ever look back.

lol.. thanks for making me feel old :beat-up:

I don't know man. I would be curious to see the numbers of the White S3 and if it helped Cobra at all. I think TM just hit gold with that.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Remember it's not just the color, it was the marketing behind it. The S3 and the ZL from Cobra are in white as well and, well, we pretty much know where that went.

Too late now though since they've been bashing the paint thing and following the ship just means they become one of the sheep.

Larger as in larger staff of players.
Going off memory alone here, at the start of the 2011 season
Nike had 15 PGA Tour staffers
Cleveland had 19 PGA Tour staffers.
Ping had 20 PGA Tour staffers (although 5 of them were not full PGA Tour schedules)

Interesting stat, JB. Thanks for sharing.

I'd like to see Callaway go after Jason Day as a tour player they sponsor. Being Australian is about the next best thing to being an American! And the accent is cool in commercials, and he's an interesting and likable pro.

Some other interesting ideas already expressed in this thread. I owned an Odyssey putter for a year before I learned it was a Callaway. They could probably do a better job of linking those two names together in advertisements. I like the idea of social media and doing some giveaways. And I think they should do away with that uniflex shaft offering they have on their irons. It just reeks of being one-size-fits-all lazy.

They need to get young talent like everyone said. Rory is an obvious choice, even rickie fowler would be a good option. I think a solid player like KJ Choi or steve stricker would be good option too. Jason Day would be huge for callaway, but i doubt he would leave taylormade.

They need to get young talent like everyone said. Rory is an obvious choice, even rickie fowler would be a good option. I think a solid player like KJ Choi or steve stricker would be good option too. Jason Day would be huge for callaway, but i doubt he would leave taylormade.

Not everyone. I dont think increasing staff is there issue at all.

Not everyone but i saw some people say that. My fault. They don't need to increase there staff, but i think picking up a big name player that gets a lot of attention would be good for callaway.

I agree that dumping the Big Bertha, and X series was a mistake. My dad has been a loyal Callaway buyer since 92. He has owned some of the iconic Callaway drivers and irons including the original Warbird, Great Big Bertha, and original Big Bertha irons. He now looks at the callaway line up, and sees nothing he can relate to. He isn't the type to go online and research clubs. But he has bought Callaway stuff because the name grabbed his attention, and he was happy with every Callaway product he had previously purchased. There is nothing in the Callaway line up now that relates to his prior purchases.

It's a similar experience for me. Growing up Big Bertha was the essence of cool. The name just sounded cool, and my dad played it so that just added to it. When I first looked at the Callaway clubs, after not paying any attention to golf clubs in 5-10 years, its hard to pick out what club is their top of the line club. There is the FT clubs, Razr Hawk clubs, and Diablo clubs, which club is which. Looking at the Taylormade clubs there is no doubt the R11 is the big dawg daddy over there, but its not that simple with Callaway. No name pops out and grabs the attention of the average uninformed golfer, at least not in my mind.

Back