Calling all Carolinians

I live here in Gastonia and one of the best courses in NC I think is a hidden gem in Shelby, NC. Deer Brook is a wonderful course and is always in great condition. The rounds are priced very reasonable, 42 on weekends for mornings tee times and drops throughout the day. Seniors can play anytime during the week for 28. Nice club house and grill and a Sunday country buffet that’s out of the world. Nice quite course and have never had a bad experience. The picture in my avatar is #6 fairway actually.

If you were able to play two Pinehurst Resort courses - what two would you choose?
#2.

That’s because I haven’t played there yet. :(

I think #4 is also a fan favorite

#2.

That’s because I haven’t played there yet. :(

I think #4 is also a fan favorite

where in NC are you?

i might be heading down there and pondering which two courses to play - was thinking No 2 and one of the others, not 4 or 8 maybe 9/3/1 i dunno

where in NC are you?

i might be heading down there and pondering which two courses to play - was thinking No 2 and one of the others, not 4 or 8 maybe 9/3/1 i dunno
Entirely too close to not have played pinehurst.

Im close to Raleigh.

If you were able to play two Pinehurst Resort courses - what two would you choose?
Tobacco Road and Mid Pines

#2 for sure and it's not even close. I'd play it again over w decent amount of other courses in the US.

I also played #8 which I think is the consensus next best options there but man #4 looked amazing (it was closed due to renovations at the time).

I want to try pine needles next time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#2 for sure and it's not even close. I'd play it again over w decent amount of other courses in the US.

I also played #8 which I think is the consensus next best options there but man #4 looked amazing (it was closed due to renovations at the time).

I want to try pine needles next time

My Donald Ross Order was 2/4/8

4 second because of the Gil Hanse redesign.

Read to change it up if you’re playing 2 to play 7 or 9

My Donald Ross Order was 2/4/8

4 second because of the Gil Hanse redesign.

Read to change it up if you’re playing 2 to play 7 or 9
Played 7 it was ok

where in NC are you?

2,4,8,9,7,6 in that order for most people. I love 7 for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Pinehurst resort courses.

Already played them.

thanks for the rec though
Brain damaged...Ha...Back from playing 7 rounds around Myrtle....If haven't played #2 that's first. The new look 4 is getting much positive coverage. Have good bud at CCNC so when in area I play there and others in area. Tobacco Road one of my all time faves.

Just back from playing in Myrtle last week. Group I have traveled with for 30 years...In those 30 years we have done Atlantic City area 25 times....CT guys who like to drive to the getaway. Well we headed to Myrtle this year.[they flew] It's been a good 12 years since I had been there. All the courses were in great shape. Played Cape Fear CC on way down. Then Dunes, Reserve, True Blue, TPC and finished at Caledonia. All fantastic courses. I'm always impressed by Stranz and Caledonia is just special. True Blue is Caledonia on steroids. TPC is a monster too. Reserve is private and a bud introduced us....It is nice and secluded. Dunes is maybe best track there. Lipped out Bird on Waterloo...My play otherwise was pretty blahhhh. The renovated Cape Fear is pretty special. If you get a chance...Go.

So 2 options you recommend 2/4?

have you played for since the redesign?

I have not played 4 since the redesign but I have heard nothing but good things about it. If I were going I would want to play 2 and 4.

I have not played 4 since the redesign but I have heard nothing but good things about it. If I were going I would want to play 2 and 4.

Thanks bud, hope your back is healing up and you’re back on the course soon

Thanks bud, hope your back is healing up and you’re back on the course soon

It’s feeling much better. Thank you. I actually got out and played nine this weekend.

just a heads up, I am going up to Caledonia to play on monday to take advantage of their special ($59). If anyone wants to join me, my tee time is 1054.

if it doesn't show up on the website, try giving the shop a call and see if they can pair you with Josh

PM me to let me know haha

Will be in Monroe, North Carolina from the 22nd till Xmas.

Then Heading to Hilton Head South Carolina from the 26th till the 29th.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Thanks to Art and Tony for a great round of Golfing in the Rain. We had a Blast at Stone Bridge GC in Monroe.
8aa553472993b10141d78bacf314ea8c.jpg

We were rained out today.
But tomorrow is going to be sunny

We were rained out today.
But tomorrow is going to be sunny

going to be a nice one tomorrow

Putting on Perfect North Carolina greens simply never gets old.
c8e1f79738616085e49bf08297373949.jpg

Awaiting the rising sun to start having some fun

Back