Calling All Hotheads!

I love Tapatio. It's a must have along good old Tabasco. Tapatio goes on any mexican dish I make. It is a must have.

I love Tapatio. It's a must have along good old Tabasco. Tapatio goes on any mexican dish I make. It is a must have.

that stuff is ok...but only 3000 scovilles...thats ketchup not hot sauce...haha

that stuff is ok...but only 3000 scovilles...thats ketchup not hot sauce...haha

Its not hot at all but the flavor is money. I keep Tapatio packets in my drawer in my office.

Its not hot at all but the flavor is money. I keep Tapatio packets in my drawer in my office.

yeah I know...was just busting his balls. I try to keep it under 300,000 scovilles...anything higher is just too hot for me anymore.

yeah I know...was just busting his balls. I try to keep it under 300,000 scovilles...anything higher is just too hot for me anymore.
I hear ya. Tapatio was like my training wheels to hot sauce. I still dont go too hot.

The name of the Gatlinburg store is the Pepper Palace.

I tried a new one today called Nothing Beyond. Not my favorite flavor, a little bitter, but it probably clocked in at about 500000 Scoville Units. Great burn, lasted about 30 minutes.

Just bought some Blairs Ultra Death. 1,100,000 Scoville.

Tobasco- 2000 Scoville.

I am gonna pay dearly for this.

Just bought some Blairs Ultra Death. 1,100,000 Scoville.

Tobasco- 2000 Scoville.

I am gonna pay dearly for this.

Ha! Wait until you're 30! You will literally be writing checks your butt can't cash.

Ha! Wait until you're 30! You will literally be writing checks your butt can't cash.

I have decided to burn off the lbs instead, lol.

I have a bottle of Dave’s Insanity Sauce that is probably 10 years old. I can not use it anymore as it is toooooooooo hot for me. I used to give it to people to try and no one ever asked to use it again. The 1st time I ever used it I put 2 drops in a plate of spaghetti and was only able to eat about 2/3's or the plate. I am too old for that stuff now but I do put Tabasco on most everything. Ole Gray try your Frank's in grits the next time you have them.

i love hot sauce

There is a part of me that really loves hot, hot sauce. There is another part on me that really doesn't care for it.

I'm not even guessing which part is which :whew:

The sauce is amazing. It lets you taste its sweet, subtle smokiness, then it dropkicks your jaw. VERY hot, with a long burn.

ima texas pete addict... its not that hot but i like the flavor

I had some Frank's hot sauce on my Turnip Greens & Butterbeans tonight. hmmmmmm good aunt bee :hungry:

Thinking about ordering a new sauce.

5,000,000 Scoville.

Went to Mule Day today and picked up 3 new sauces and an old favorite.

1. Dunks Extreme Thang (Red Habanero sauce, slightly sweet, not terribly hot.)
2. Alabama Sunshine Private Reserve 2007 Screaming Green. (Green, unripe habaneros with lime juice for a wonderful tangy sauce with decent heat.)
3. Alabama sunshine Gold Sauce (Very sweet vidalia onion based hot sauce that is extremely mild. Jury is out on this one.)
4. Alabama Sunshine XXX Black Label (Probably my favorite Red sauce of all time, very hot, moderately sweet, long burn. Red Savina Habanero based.)

As you can see, I love the Alabama Sunshine brand. Great sauces made by wonderful people right here in my home town. You can order online at their site, and I strongly recommend it.

I have been eyeballing the Habanero peppers at the store for awhile to make a homemade salsa, but have not jumped on it yet.

Pick up some serranos and limes and mangos while there. Makes an amazing salsa.
I have been eyeballing the Habanero peppers at the store for awhile to make a homemade salsa, but have not jumped on it yet.

Back