Calling all streakers

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
THP member Kevin got us involved in the ESPN Streak for the Cash game (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463). There were 20 of us in the group in February and all the stats reset tomorrow morning so if you think you might have an interest in trying it out, now would be a good time to sign up. I didn't have any interest in it at first, but kept seeing the thread pop up and started reading what everyone was saying. I finally joined up and was addicted to it soon after!

Here is the group information:

Ok I made a group up that anyone here on THP can join, the group is called THP Streakers and the password is hacker. So go ahead and join streakers!

The person who has the most correct picks in a row nationwide wins $100,000. Whoever has the most correct picks in the month nationwide wins $2,500. For us, it's just for bragging rights.

Here's where you start: http://streak.espn.go.com/en/

Last edited:
Here's how the game is played, from the website:

9. HOW TO PLAY. On the "Make Pick" page you're challenged to select the outcome of a listed matchup between teams, individual competitors or a combination of both. Listed locktimes are based on the expected start time of an event, but may be changed by the Game Administrator to accommodate late or early starts, or for any other reason, in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a matchup is mistakenly left unlocked after an event has begun, the Game Administrator may lock the event late or cancel the event altogether, in Sponsor's sole discretion. YOU CAN ONLY SELECT ONE MATCHUP AT A TIME. Once the matchup you have selected has been marked FINAL you will be able to select the winner of a matchup which hasn't started yet. The Game Administrator may add matchups at any time; however, most matchups will be entered in the system by 3:00 a.m. ET on the day of the event.

Here are examples of matchups between two teams:

NCAA BASKETBALL — UConn Huskies at Georgetown Hoyas
NBA BASKETBALL — Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns
EURO SOCCER — Arsenal at AC Milan
WORLD RUGBY— New Zealand at Australia

Here are examples of "prop" matchups between teams, players or a combination of both:

NFL — Tom Brady Pass Completions vs. New York Jets 1st Downs
NBA — Kobe Bryant Points vs. Derrick Rose Points + Rebounds + Assists
GOLF — Brandt Snedeker Lower 1st Round vs. Ernie Els Lower 1st Round
NBA/MLB — Philadelphia 76ers points scored vs. Cole Hamels pitch count

For most prop matchups the side with the HIGHER score, time or total will be declared the winner, but in some, the side that is LOWER will win. Please read the prop matchup questions and corresponding opponents carefully before making your pick.

On the first day of the month all participants start with of a streak of zero, and at the conclusion of the Challenge Period all streaks are reset at zero. If you win a matchup your streak continues; if you lose it, your streak ends and you're back to 0. Your streak is measured by the number of consecutive matchups you correctly select. For clarity, picks and matchups will count toward the current Challenge Period if they are posted for selection during the Challenge Period, regardless of the end time of the matchup or event.

You are not required to play every day. Matchups that end as a tie will be scored as a "PUSH" and your streak will remain intact. Matchups may also be cancelled by the Game Administrator for reasons including (but not limited to) player injuries, player absences, or inability to complete the match because of weather or any other reason; if this occurs, the matchup will be listed as "Cancelled", "Postponed" or "OFF" and scored as "PUSH". In all such cases, the Game Administrator's decision is final, binding and non-appealable. In the event that the matchup you selected is marked as a "PUSH", your streak will NOT end, but instead will continue unchanged.

http://streak.espn.go.com/en/story?pageName=streak\rules_2010_02#howtoplay

And you can even win THIS:

IMG_1345.jpg

Now you cant tell me thats not the perfect shirt for ANY occasion!!

I was ONE PICK short of that shirt! Then fell apart after that the rest of the way. :banghead: :banghead:

Just joined

Nice! We got a nice group going. Hopefully everyone read the ultra fine print I had my lawyer print up located somewhere in one of my post somewhere that if you win the 100K I get half of it. :)

Nice! We got a nice group going. Hopefully everyone read the ultra fine print I had my lawyer print up located somewhere in one of my post somewhere that if you win the 100K I get half of it. :)
You can have what I have to give the government. Just go knock on their doors. Probably around $35,000 or so will be waiting for you.

I really hope your not counting on getting any money from this group, not that we wouldn't gladly give up a portion of the winnings but we aren't exactly tearing it up!:D

I really hope your not counting on getting any money from this group, not that we wouldn't gladly give up a portion of the winnings but we aren't exactly tearing it up!:D

lol next time we go to make picks ESPN will want a fee to make picks. ESPN now accepting Paypal!!

lol next time we go to make picks ESPN will want a fee to make picks. ESPN now accepting Paypal!!

LMAO, no way I'm paying to get my @ss handed to me in this game, it's bad enough that I still pay greens fees to play golf.

Today is the last day of the March round. It all starts over again tomorrow.

All information needed to play is in the first post.

Today is the first day of the May round. The first pick closes at 12:30 PM, ET.

Any of the new members want to get in this for fun and bragging rights, info is in the first post.

Thanks for the bump, glad to join.

Glad to hear it, I can pick college sports much better than I can pro sports.

It'll be mixed so no worries. Sometimes they'll throw in a little groundhog pick which I kick a$$ in (officially 1-0).

Hit a rough patch... back on track now!

The game resets for June after the last game today if anyone wants in. We have 26 in the group now but seven didn't make any picks this month.

The first post has all the information for joining up.

Back