Calling Mizuno JPX 800 & 825 users - what's in your bag?

jimnycricket65

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.7
It all stared about 6 weeks ago on a par 5 when I got hold of a solid hit with my Callaway Biggest Big Bertha. My partner hit a decent shot but not as solid I thought. He out drove me and we had a clear shot at the green and I had a tree to go over on this dog right uphill green. Later, my friend says, my driver is outdated and said for me to look at TM Rocket ball driver. I did and I put on in my bag. Before I even played a round with it, I thought to match it with a 3 wood; put one in my bag. I test drove to jpx825 and I started to ponder. I tried to convince myself to keep playing with my Tzoid Pro II. I am returning to golf after about 5 years of setting up and growing my company and missed the hybrid generation. I thought at first it was "tight lie" gone wildly popular. I started to read up and decided I need a stick. On ebay a guy who claimed he hits irons better had two hybrids up for sale. I grabbed them and put them in my bag. I love my putter and wedges so I was done. I toyed with the idea of getting new wedges - Titleist SM4 Vokey. Then today, a total stranger asked if I was golfing for more than 20 years based on Tzoid's age. This gave me the excuse to borrow the latest golf technology and ordered 4 - gw set tonight. A long winded story...i am almost done. I might as well replace my wedges and call it a complete makeover.

I have been debating whether to stick with Cleveland or give Vokey a run. I couldn't decide so last night I put a bid on Cleveland and Vokey. I was going to let ebay decide my fate. Cleveland won so i thought i knew my path.

Jpx800Pro, it turns out, the loft is stronger than my current Tzoid. The new aw will have 49 loft and my current gap edge is 52. On top of that my fiance is offering to buy a me a set of any Wedges.

So, which and what combination of wedges compliment your jpx? I hit 7i, Tzoid, 150. At fitting, I was hitting jpx 160+.

I play the JPX 800 pros and I have used a couple of different combinations with the wedges. My first setup was a 3 wedge setup with a 50*, 54*, and a 58* but for my game that didn't work so I just use a 50* and 56* setup. Works for me and I don't have to large of a gap but ultimately it comes down to what you are comfortable with and how you want to handle it.

Back