Camera Recommendations ???

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone out there know enough about cameras to recommend a good one ???

I'm looking to take high quality photo's (obviously)

I'm also looking to use it for making video's of my swing, preferably with high frames per second so I can look through frames to check different parts of my swing. Would also be handy for doing HOTD vid's

Thanks

It depends on budget and portability as well. Thoughts?

Budget of $500. Not to bothered about portability but don't want to be carrying a big case either, if you know what i mean

Budget of $500. Not to bothered about portability but don't want to be carrying a big case either, if you know what i mean

I'd look at the mirrorless setups out there - very portable and incredible picture and video quality.

For around $500, I'd look at the Nikon 1 J1.

Last edited:
I was going to say I bet JN would know what to get lol

My brother does photography and he uses the nikon D90 it's amazing I guess thats why he spent 1000 on it though. But the Nikon 1 J1 is pretty good for the price too, I may get one some day I need something that's not a Nikon coolpix it's getting pretty old haha.

Didn't mward have a camera that took some really nice slo mo vids at the outing? I remember him saying he got it specifically for that. It was in the video outing recap thread. I would find it for
You if I wasn't on my phone right jow

I'd look at the mirrorless setups out there - very portable and incredible picture and video quality.

For around $500, I'd look at the Nikon 1 J1:

nikon-j1-w-flash-800.jpg

This to a T.
Check out the J1 as it is all in one.
The V1 adds some ruggedness, and a mic in jack as well as external flash, but the J1 has the flash built in. The photo quality is excellent and the video is great.

Thanks guys, your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks guys, your help is greatly appreciated

If you wait until July, you can check out our mirrorless system. We greatly prefer it to our DSLR and the convenience factor is far superior.

Thanks JB, we were gonna but in america either but getting to see one in action will be cool

Panasonic LX5
Nikon J1

I've got the LX3 and carry that when I don't want to lug my D300s

**Tappin' from the center of the middle of the fairway**

Amount of lenses it comes with and the j1 vs v1

I have the canon rebel t2i. I do a lot of video editing and photography and I love it. I think it's a little bit more than your price range but it is amazing for video work and photography.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking to grab a new camera prior to the Morgan Cup too....my step daughter destroyed my old one.....does the J1 do good slo mo video?

I am looking to grab a new camera prior to the Morgan Cup too....my step daughter destroyed my old one.....does the J1 do good slo mo video?

Yes - 400 FPS at standard quality:

We have a V1 with us TBT, you can check it out tomorrow.

This made me curious and it made me check out the J1 for my review pictures hah It was really great for the price!

Just seen on the Nikon USA website in the review section that someone bought the J1 with 2 lenses for $749.99 from Costco. Seemed like a pretty good deal considering they are looking for $889 on the Nikon site. Might have to up my budget

Just seen on the Nikon USA website in the review section that someone bought the J1 with 2 lenses for $749.99 from Costco. Seemed like a pretty good deal considering they are looking for $889 on the Nikon site. Might have to up my budget

I know you don't live in the States but last night I was intrigued by the J1 so I went to check it out and at Target, a local retail store they had a deal where you buy the camera and the lens and they give you $100 off the total price if you bundle it that way,

I know you don't live in the States but last night I was intrigued by the J1 so I went to check it out and at Target, a local retail store they had a deal where you buy the camera and the lens and they give you $100 off the total price if you bundle it that way,

Im not gonna buy the camera over here im gonna wait till im over for the morgan cup to buy

Back