Can’t hit a fairway wood! So what is your setup?

Have you hit the max forgiveness 3wd? I rented clubs last week as I was out of town. They had the Sim 2 Max 3 wood and it hit the ball for me. Played with my brother and cousin a few months ago and they rented clubs. Had the Cleveland launcher 3 wood. Not the longest but holy moly easy to launch in air.

Can’t hit a fairway wood to save my life. I go Apex 21 3H and then Mavrik Pro 4H. Haven’t ran into any issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I go 9.5* drive,17* 4 wood(42.5in), then 21* 4 iron.
I have an Adams pro 20* hybrid in the bag, but I haven’t hit it in a few rounds bc I have no confidence in it

I've carried the 3W and 5W and had some success with the 5W but very little with the 3W so I would avoid even trying to hit it, until recently. I swore to myself I would learn to hit fairway woods off the deck and have found a method that seems to be working or me. It may not be the "correct" way to do things but I set up with my hands well ahead of the ball which I feel helps insure a downward strike on the ball as opposed to trying to "help" it into the air. Add a decided shoulder turn in the backswing and I have absolutely been crushing both clubs!

I have an epic 3 wood that I don’t mind off the tee but don’t trust it on the deck so I go 3hybrid

I have driver, 4 wood, 7 wood, 4h. works well for me. Used 2h, 3and 4h for years, swing speed or swing changes. Now fw woods.

Love my 3W. The only times I have an issue with a 3W off the deck is when the ball is extremely below my feet. But, that lie is tougher (for me) with most any club in my hands. Top of my bag is Dr, 3W, 20*H, 4i.

A couple of decades ago I carried a 1-iron, but mostly due to errant driver. My 5w was great back then. Fast forward to today, I hit 3W, 7W and 3H, all Cobra ( mix of F9 and RadSpeed). I’m a huge believer in the rails - even the 3W, at 15.5*, is fairly consistent off the deck. Ymmv though…

I used to have the same problem, because the books always said to sweep the ball off the ground and I couldn't do that with any regularity, so I used hybrids. Then I though about hitting the FW like an iron, slightly down. Problem solved.

Back