Review Can anyone identify these autographs?

Kevingags1

Reaction score
a15825b98e83e433fa1fc4090153f265.jpg

d219d80906a3e95e33e7ed7dc2619555.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One looks like Steve Elkington

Yes. Thanks. The one below Elkington is hard to figure out.

And the other one on the other hat too.

Last edited:
Is the red one Frank Nobilo? The one below Elk is Ed someone or other? Maybe Ed Daugherty?

Arnold Palmer is rolling over in his grave.... The one below Elk may be Ely Callaway. Do you have any idea when/where the ball may be from, narrow to a specific event and might have better luck finding the scribe

Yes. Ely Callaway. Awesome.
Thank you so much. It’s been pestering me.

The golf ball was either 1997 or 2006 at Winged Foot.

Still doing my homework.

No idea other than what has been said..

Yes. Frank Nobilo. Already identified.

Still need the other autograph with the crazy beginning letter. Maybe J

It would help to know the story of the hat... were all the signatures from one event or collected over the course of years?

And the ball wasn't signed by Eddie Pepperell...

The hats are from 1997 PGA championship at Winged Foot.

Davis Love III was the winner. Remember the rainbow at the end?

I’m thinking the ball was signed by Ryan Palmer. But when I try to match up the autograph online I can’t seem to get a good enough picture.

The closest golfer that played in the 1997 PGA championship that I could find a pic of their signature on google for the top photo is Jose Maria Olazabal... but the J in his other signatures is upside down...

Jose Maria Olazabal autograph is on the other hat. Definitely not him

The golf ball is signed by Skip Kendall at Disney Funai Classic.

So, the only autograph left to decipher is this.

8e5a53f743edbba3de379219a3f7c485.jpg

That looks like it begins with an L, S, or a T. There were a few players from the 1997 championship that I didn't see a signature online for. It might be one of them; it might also be the signature of someone that didn't participate... or a celebrity in the crowd or something else.

Scorpion12:

Thanks for helping. The autograph above is Jose Maria Olazabal.

The last autograph I’m trying to figure out is this:

9c9655a247aed7a0fe0340b495eb98e0.jpg

That looks like it begins with an L, S, or a T. There were a few players from the 1997 championship that I didn't see a signature online for. It might be one of them; it might also be the signature of someone that didn't participate... or a celebrity in the crowd or something else.

Funny you say that. Back in about 1945/46 or a few years later. My Mom and Dad were moving to DC area from Miami. They were in DC to meet a family member - on or around Constitution or Independence Ave (where all/most of the museums are today. Dad stepped out of his car (an Oldsmobile convertible wearing a bright green sportcoat and light yellow slacks and sunglasses - he still had his boxers physique so was looking sharp). Some teenager or so runs up and asks him for his autograph, Dad having a sense of humor, signs and hands the paper and pen back to the kid, and asks 'so who do you think I am?' and the kid says 'I have no idea who you are, but anyone who dresses like you are must be famous.'

Just one of the many stories I heard over the years about my father usually from other family members - Dad never really liked to talk much about himself.

Moral of the story - like Scorpion12 said - it could be nearly anyone.

Scorpion12:

Thanks for helping. The autograph above is Jose Maria Olazabal.

The last autograph I’m trying to figure out is this:

9c9655a247aed7a0fe0340b495eb98e0.jpg

Jim Carter.

Back