Can Lamkin Putter Grips be Removed and SAVED?

Something like this can be used but costs as much as a single grip if you’re only looking to do one. But with the thicker putter grips I find life is too short for the misery of those and go straight for the razor knife rather than globs of grip solvent and four letter words.

Something like this can be used but costs as much as a single grip if you’re only looking to do one. But with the thicker putter grips I find life is too short for the misery of those and go straight for the razor knife rather than globs of grip solvent and four letter words.
I completely agree with this.

Thanks. I've been looking for one at that $25 level but out of stock and Amazon is in the $40+ range.

I used a makeshift coathanger to do my seven irons/wedges a couple months back, and was able to save them, but those are much thinner of course and still took some work. Sure wish I had that Golfworks tool.

I have one of those and have saved many grips with it. It isn’t cheap but I have gotten my money out of it. Putter grips are hard to get off with them though.

This^^^^^^^^. I'll never understand the fascination with saving a golf grip? Golfers pay thousands of dollars for clubs, balls, bags, shoes, clothing and don't even get me started on greens fees, but people want to save $25 on putter grip!:rolleyes:

Just bought Golfworks tool $38 shipped

Yes, they will save the Sinkfit but I also made a 18" syringe to help

I’ve saved several Sinkfits. It can be done.

Try to blow it off with a Pure Grip Adapter and blower to your air compressor. I've had success most of the time. If not, get the knife.

This^^^^^^^^. I'll never understand the fascination with saving a golf grip? Golfers pay thousands of dollars for clubs, balls, bags, shoes, clothing and don't even get me started on greens fees, but people want to save $25 on putter grip!:rolleyes:

Couldn’t agree more with this. When you think about everything else, one golf grip won’t matter. If it does, then play a round or two at twilight rates, savings makes up for it.

Couldn’t agree more with this. When you think about everything else, one golf grip won’t matter. If it does, then play a round or two at twilight rates, savings makes up for it.

As a more senior golfer, I've learned we're all different and look at things differently. I've learned to accept and appreciate the differences, and yes, I still shake my head at times. But we're all human.

For amateur club makers like myself, anything with an extra “ring” at tip of grip (head end) can be a real bear. Even with the grooved grip saver. Can also try heating it up with a heat gun or even a hair dryer. Don’t go overboard but get it nice and warm. Makes the rubber more pliable and softens up the glue on the tape.

I do grips, adapter changes, head changes for all my friends ect because I like doing it. Quicker turnaround too. And they pay for my round on occasion. Something cool to me about playing and seeing others play with clubs that I assembled. Even if it’s just grips. I always joke “Great shot. You must have a great club builder!”

As a more senior golfer, I've learned we're all different and look at things differently. I've learned to accept and appreciate the differences, and yes, I still shake my head at times. But we're all human.
Nailed it. To each their own.

I just like DIY when I can or if worth it. When I extended my seven wedges/irons myself, saved me a fair amount by being able to reuse the grips. And the satisfaction of learning a new skill. But I also do agree, if just a 1-off and especially if no intent to re-use the grip, just pay the shop and be done with it.

Back