Can you do me a favor? I’m curious…..

Floridatennisplayer

Reaction score
Handicap
Could you guys take one of your six irons and weigh it for me? I’m talking about the weight of the club only I don’t care about swing weight or balance, or any of that.

I have 3 sets of clubs and I weighed at the post office each six iron. One of them was 15.6 ounces, one was 15.4 ounces and one was 15.2 ounces.

The two heavier, six irons are stiff shaft. I am really curious as to the weights of your six irons.

Last edited:
1000063566.jpg

DG 120X100 +1/4 TV360

OK I'll play - 3 sets to check against

Callaway Apex 21 6i, 120g KBS shaft, midsize grip - 15.8oz
Callaway X20 Tour 6i, 120g Project X 6.0 shaft, midsize grip - 15.8oz

Wilson DC 6i, regular shaft, standard grip - 15.2oz

Sorry I don't have more info on the Wilson - bought only to flip and no details on the shaft. The Callaways have been/are my gamers and so I know and love them far more.

Yes, this is interesting because I have three sets of Wilson Staff irons. Two sets are stiff Dynamic and one set with regular and I could definitely tell that the regulars were quite a bit lighter.

What’s interesting is I hit the stiffs better which makes me wonder is it because the stiffness of the shaft or the fact that they are heavier? I think the heavier shafts really help me feel like I’m keep keeping the club on plane. After I swing the heavier ones for a little bit then go to the light ones it feels like I’m just swinging air and I don’t know where anything is.IMG_3733.jpeg

Back