Can you imagine this scenario?

MagicSpell

Team Hackers in 2022 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
18 ish
This is a duel to the finish. Such an unlikely outcome too. Can you imagine two golfers tied for the lead teeing off on #18. One golfer eagles the hole .... and LOSES the tournament.

"Caleb Manuel was tied with Armand Ouellette entering the last hole of the Maine State Golf Association Junior Championship. Ouellette had hit his drive about 250 yards on the 495-yard, par-5 18th at Gorham Country Club, then hit a hybrid to the green. He had a makeable eagle putt.

Ouellette did make it.

Ouellette did not win.

Manuel made a two.

Manuel won."

"Manuel, according to the Portland Press Herald, hit a 6-iron from 193 yards away on the 18th, and his ball went 193 yards. His 6-iron took one bounce on the green, rolled 10 feet and dropped. An albatross. A double eagle. A score made once out of every 6 million shots, according to the PGA’s website. One of the rarest scores in golf.

To win a golf tournament."

Wow that is crazy!!!

WOW. To answer your question, NO!! I could've never imagined that scenario.

At that point, if you're the one who lost, you couldn't even be mad. That's crazy

Watched it on the sports highlights of the local station, pretty amazing!

Crazy!

That is crazy!

sure, I can imagine it. I mean why not?
It is not the first 2 on a 5 and it wont be the last. Just happen to coincidentally be on 18 and with a tie scenario. But sorry yes I can believe it.

Love it for the kid that won and hate it for the one that came up one short in a valiant battle. In my eyes they both are winners.

This has to be one of the craziest finishes ever

That's bananas, can't even be mad if I were the other player

OMG - that would be something to see! I remember this one from the WSOP:

That would be the ultimate right there. Pretty cool for that kid. Just goes to show anything can happen at anytime..

That's pretty rad. Not sure if an Albatross or a hole in one would be cooler.

What a brutal way to lose. Hard to get down on yourself over that one though, the other kid hit a once in a lifetime shot - them's the bounces.

I’m impressed the guy made the eagle putt. Maybe I’m wrong but I’d assume he saw the albatross go in. I’d be so in my head seeing that and knowing I couldn’t win

I’m impressed the guy made the eagle putt. Maybe I’m wrong but I’d assume he saw the albatross go in. I’d be so in my head seeing that and knowing I couldn’t win
Oops thought it was a playoff hole. Not Safe to assume now lol

Back