Can you, use tennis racquet grip tape over a putter grip ?

Hitsnmisses

Reaction score
Handicap
As per title , l had a thought that potentially could this be done? , l imagine it’s also ‘ interfering or altering ‘ the club ? ... thinking that over summer perhaps too that hot day late in round rather than use a glove perhaps , the toweling feel or even leather/ vinyl feel may remain; dry

please give thoughts, has anyone tried anything like that and if is illegal ?

I believe it's fine as long as the extra wrap thickness doesn't create a non confirming size (like wrapping over a Superstroke 5.0 or Enroll Midlock). JB Holmes used to wrap his Superstroke with athletic tape

I believe it's fine as long as the extra wrap thickness doesn't create a non confirming size (like wrapping over a Superstroke 5.0 or Enroll Midlock). JB Holmes used to wrap his Superstroke with athletic tape
Cheers thanks 😀, looks like a experiment in the offing , appreciate that :)

Just did it to mine last week, grip was getting sticky and at $40+ for new grip not gonna happen cuz I'm cheap :). Plus I can create thickness I want.

Edit: someone beat me to it

I use TournaGrip over my putter grips. I have since way back when. Since my hands sweat more than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, I need all the help I can get. Plus it feels soft in my hands (y)

Weird. I watched a vid on something very similar from Amazon a few hours ago.

I use TournaGrip over my putter grips. I have since way back when. Since my hands sweat more than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, I need all the help I can get. Plus it feels soft in my hands (y)
:)

We wrapped ours with athletic tape in the 80s to increase grip diameter.

An older guy I play with from time to time uses tennis racquet tape on all his clubs and has done for years. They feel surprisingly good!

Update on the Tennis wrap on my putter. Always thought my putter grip was a bit small but never did anything about it. Last week got tired of my grip being so sticky so bought some of the green rough tape on Amazon. While watching some TV I used a whole role layering it at diff thickness where my hands grip the putter. Used it on Monday and what a change in feel, sank several puts for birdie that I had no right too. Would I do it again, yep, I have lots more tap.

I used to do this on all of my clubs and it was awesome for the summer back when I didn’t wear a glove.

I never cared if it was legal or not

Back