Canada Assistance?

livegolf

Reaction score
Handicap
5ish
Hey Everyone! I'm headed to Canada for a family vacation in September. Going to Mt. Washington and then up to Quebec City and down to Saint John.

I'm trying to squeeze in a round near Quebec City and Saint John. Any recommendations? What are the top public courses in those cities or ones you've had good luck with?

I won't be heading up to Cabot Cliffs this trip, that will need to be a future golf only trip. :bulgy-eyes:

Paging @MPlefty.

Yeah, where is Marty? He should hopefully be able to shed some light.

Hey Everyone! I'm headed to Canada for a family vacation in September. Going to Mt. Washington and then up to Quebec City and down to Saint John.

I'm trying to squeeze in a round near Quebec City and Saint John. Any recommendations? What are the top public courses in those cities or ones you've had good luck with?

I won't be heading up to Cabot Cliffs this trip, that will need to be a future golf only trip. :bulgy-eyes:

If I were going up to Quebec City, one thing I'd absolutely do is schedule a lesson at the Royal Quebec golf club with Shawn Clement:

https://wisdomingolf.com

whom I believe to be the best golf instructor on the planet. (Note call ahead and inquire about rates. Like many higher-profile golf pros, Shawn is not cheap. However, I feel 100% comfortable in saying you won't regret it.)

I'll probably be making the trek up there later this summer to see him.

Paging @MPlefty.

Yeah, where is Marty? He should hopefully be able to shed some light.

Believe it or not, I have not played golf in the Québec region, I'm a bit further west, in Montréal.

There is one course a bit east of Québec that I have wanted to play for a while and have heard great things about, it is the fairmont course in La Malbaie. I think this is where they held the last G7 meeting

club_de_golf_du_fairmont_le_manoir_richelieu_7.jpg

this is the course I was referring to, it is a bit outside of Quebec, in Charlevoix, but it is a beautiful region and could be on the way to St. John.

In New Brunswick, you won't go wrong with looking at any of the following:

Aroostook Valley Golf & CC - Aroostook, NB
Covered Bridge Golf Club - Hartland, NB

Both of these courses are not far off the Trans-Canada highway on your way down to SJ from QC. Personally I would recommend AVG&CC - it's a unique course built on the Canada/US border. Play a round there and you'll be able to claim that you "hit it out of the country"

In New Brunswick, you won't go wrong with looking at any of the following:

Aroostook Valley Golf & CC - Aroostook, NB
Covered Bridge Golf Club - Hartland, NB

Both of these courses are not far off the Trans-Canada highway on your way down to SJ from QC. Personally I would recommend AVG&CC - it's a unique course built on the Canada/US border. Play a round there and you'll be able to claim that you "hit it out of the country"

that is funny, there is a course around here that has OOB stakes on the left side straight on the border on 3 holes, so it's not realy something I would brag about.

All! Thank you for the comments, I'll take a look at those :clapp:

Back