Car dealer advertising on my car

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Kind of a weird thought but I hate when I buy a new car that the dealer thinks he can put their name on the back on my car to advertise. Or put the dealers name on a tag in the front. I told one dealer I didn’t want his name on the car and I wouldn’t buy it if it was put on. If I was treated well I’ll tell my friends to go there.

I always remove any advertising right away, just looks bad IMO. But if I have a good experience I will always refer people there.

Worst is when they add there trim piece or add a sticker :mad:. Never can remove the outline of the sticker no matter how hard you try.

This is something I hate, always tell them I charge $100.00/month for advertising so knock off $3600.00 to take care of the 3 years I'll drive it or take it off. :cool:

I’ve always insisted that no stickers, emblems or license plate frames with the dealers name on it be on the car when I pick it up.

Yeah, i always tell the car salesman no post sale advertising on my vehicles. If they don't remove it, I do it myself.

Not so much with golf bags though....lol

Oh I HATE HATE HATE this! Always make them take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same sentiment. No stickers or license plate brackets, but I will be happy to tell someone if I like the service and buying experience.

I take all of it off at the dealer in front of the sales rep if I can. I have told them in the past that if they want to pay me I will leave it on. Had one sales rep try to tell me it was part of the agreement when I bought the car, I laughed and said show me in the contract.

Always the first thing I do is remove any dealer advertising.

I ALWAYS tell them before I take delivery if there is ANYTHING either painted or applied to any part of the finish of the vehicle, sale is OFF.

I also don't want it adverstised which side of town I'm from if I'm in a bad place on the OTHER side of town. Any cheapo license brackets come off immediately.

I think I'll get some security screws soon too; lotta plate thefts going on to commit crimes with all the plate readers out there now.

Never cared one bit. Doesn't bother me at all.

Yeah, that comes off right away.

I've peeled vinyl off the trunk of my car/rear window, and then on the next visit to the dealer they added a new one (they had changed names).

I was not happy that day.

I absolutely refuse to buy a car with an advertisement. Asking to have it removed is always one of the first things I mention before even getting into serious talks. I once told a salesperson that I would agree to drive with their badge on the car for 6 months if they knocked 10,000 off the price.

I remove the stickers and license plate brackets.

2 odd ones from Ford dealerships.

1. I drove a friend to a Ford dealership in MA in my Ranger. I walked in with them and I came out and didn't see my truck. Well they put their license plate bracket on my truck so I didn't recognize it. Once I figured it out I took it off and broke it in half in plain view of salesmen.
2. I bought an Explorer in AZ and I took off the sticker on the back off the truck. I was showing the vehicle to a friend and I opened the hood and there was a damn sticker inside the engine bay. It had the service number on it but I was annoyed. I removed that one and the service department asked if I wanted a replacement on my complimentary oil change a few months later. I declined but was impressed they asked instead of just putting one on.

My current Genesis had a sticker for about 10 mins.

Are we talking those service reminder "clings" too that they put upper left of my windshield that NEVER has one when I come in because it is always removed only to have another find its way onto my windshield again? No idea what you're talking about.

Easiest way to handle this is to write it directly into the offer.

Dealer advertising on a car? Everything people wear nowadays is laden with advertising. People b'g as they put their Titleist hat on their heads. :cool:

The dealer I have purchased my last three vehicles from provides a clear licence plate cover with their name along the bottom edge. They treat me very, very well, the cover does not detract from the overall look of the vehicle so I see no reason to remove it. If I did, I would have to purchase new covers to protect my plates.

I don't mind license plate frames that show where I bought the car, especially at a place where I've made a great deal and have repeat business, but i absolutely do not want stickers added to my car. That's kind of rude as far as I am concerned.

License bracket fine. I usually add a golf one.

If it's on the car forget about it! Remove it before delivery!

I don't care for the the dealer advertising either. I have them remove it before delivery.

Last several cars- 2 Honda’s and a Subaru, just had license frames that are easy enough to remove or change. On a side note regarding those frames- some of them can be cited for “partially obscuring’ the plate. Double check your local rules. Rare, but it can give them a reason to pull you over if they suspect something.
Anyway- back in the 60’s, Dad bought a new car on a Saturday, and we picked it up on a Tuesday night. Didn’t notice that they had put a metallic badge with mounting pins on the trunk until the next day. They actually drilled holes!!! He was livid. He went back and demanded a new car without it, or his money back and would go elsewhere. If not, he would sue the pants off them. They eventually settled on a new trunk lid from another car. Then he got a letter from Plymouth apologizing for the dealers actions- “it was not corporate policy” or something.

Back