Car Detailing Thread

You and your graphene @JB hahaha

Im not a graphene guy by nature. I am a carnauba guy because of the warmer look.
I just love the graphene ceramic protection I am getting, since I have a number of these longer drives. Two weeks ago in FL, last week to IL and next week to St. Louis.

Car still looking darn good though :ROFLMAO:

Im not a graphene guy by nature. I am a carnauba guy because of the warmer look.
I just love the graphene ceramic protection I am getting, since I have a number of these longer drives. Two weeks ago in FL, last week to IL and next week to St. Louis.

Car still looking darn good though :ROFLMAO:
I still need to get some waterless wash and some of those cabin sprays.

What flavor should I go with?

If you are tasting it, we have bigger issues. Come this way and we can do some sampling and clean that thing up.

The spray is just a more diluted version. Regardless if it is ceramic or Graphene. The reason I went graphene is because ceramic was prone to water spotting for me. In several months and a lot of miles, I have not had that with the graphene as of yet.

FWIW those year numbers are a bit misleading regardless of ingredients. That would be garage kept and never encountering any elements. Expect most ceramics to last over a year. Same with graphene ceramic, if not longer.
Oh gotcha, yeah also read about the water spots.

Makes sense, thank you sir

If you are tasting it, we have bigger issues. Come this way and we can do some sampling and clean that thing up.
I’ll pick him up and you can do a tutorial with us :D

I use this stuff a bunch - more so for clay bar lube but also fantastic detail spray or rinseless wash.

I busted out a full wash, clay bar, and wax on the F150 during the last 14 holes of the PGA Championship on Sunday. About 3.5 hours start to finish was easily a new record for me on this vehicle. Synthetic clay is a life saver on a big car, I'm not sure I'm ever going back to regular clay. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant applied with Griot's G15 orbital.

I busted out a full wash, clay bar, and wax on the F150 during the last 14 holes of the PGA Championship on Sunday. About 3.5 hours start to finish was easily a new record for me on this vehicle. Synthetic clay is a life saver on a big car, I'm not sure I'm ever going back to regular clay. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant applied with Griot's G15 orbital.

Im with you there. I use the Griots Garage synthetic clay and it is a lifesaver.

Here is the result !

09A40B57-CA3B-4EDA-ACCB-F644A6DF1209.jpeg

Im with you there. I use the Griots Garage synthetic clay and it is a lifesaver.

I uses the Griot's also, second time now after using it last year. I was skeptical if it would work as well or leave scratches, but with the amount of time it saves I'm not sure I even care! And, it seems to work just as well or better.

They have a pad you that they advertise you can put on your G9 polisher. Sounds fun and terrifying at the same time.

Hey @JB with using the Adams spray have you seen where it has protected the paint from a scratch or anything? Really looking into the ceramic and graphene coatings and a lot of reviews Im seeing is saying how awesome the graphene is but time will tell if it holds up. The Ethos brand says it last for 3 yrs, and Adams for about 7, but they are not the spray. This stuff is kinda confusing lol.

Well this is not a true ceramic coating like others but I’ve been using the Chemical guys HydroSlick/HydroCharge combo for just over a year. For a car that is driven daily and spends 90% of its life outside I feel this does an amazing job.

This is my 11yr old Tacoma. Spends most of its life outside in the FL sun. Was clay, polish, ceramic 6 months ago. When I wash it every other week I use a spray ceramic wax (Hydrospeed). Last night I just did a foam wash and spray. Still looks amazing for not seeing a garage in a while. A264C70C-26DC-4735-B400-3093EBAC70D9.jpeg

Well this is not a true ceramic coating like others but I’ve been using the Chemical guys HydroSlick/HydroCharge combo for just over a year. For a car that is driven daily and spends 90% of its life outside I feel this does an amazing job.

This is my 11yr old Tacoma. Spends most of its life outside in the FL sun. Was clay, polish, ceramic 6 months ago. When I wash it every other week I use a spray ceramic wax (Hydrospeed). Last night I just did a foam wash and spray. Still looks amazing for not seeing a garage in a while. View attachment 9009438
Looks really good

Gave my car a bath and some quick detailing inside/out.
I haven’t yet used the ceramic on it, but that’s coming.

I am enjoying using the Adam’s products though. Also my first experience with a foam cannon and it’s awesome!

F49CE50F-BA6E-4D82-9481-ED9717DE8D7F.jpeg

Well wasn’t planning on doing any jobs this week but neighbor wanted their boat done. Hasn’t been waxed in 4 years. Two different compounds, polish and spray ceramic. It’s a totally different boat. Have a 3” rotary from Griots I used on the stern
worked awesome. New product called Presta was really easy to work with.

. 8317A68A-0CC7-4C4E-9F08-294975D09281.jpeg6B3DE44D-5D83-4F8D-A797-E940E95DD1DC.jpegB6366127-F7B9-4AE8-BAFB-FE9D04D6CE15.jpeg

These rims are not fun to seal

34019A12-A986-4E10-8A58-C0E4364F9158.jpeg

Just finished the car and I think it came out ok.
washed with Meguiars Gold Class
Clayed
Paint prep with Prima Amigo
Waxed with Griots Best of Show Wax.
E9C47BE5-976D-4E7D-A5DF-3F7B0BC00EC8.jpeg
5EE0F6F3-7042-4AF3-AD7C-E90293D956FD.jpeg

How do you like the Bset of Show wax? Doing an F250 and might try that

How do you like the Bset of Show wax? Doing an F250 and might try that

First time using it so can’t speak for durability, but I liked the finish it gave. Extremely easy to apply too, which to be honest, now I have kids and much less free time is a huge bonus.

Quick interior cleaning and conditioning this morning.

6DC836F3-68F4-461B-A3AD-9B3031AF12AF.jpeg

Apparently next week we are going to do @Canadan car.

I'm pretty excited. I'm going to hit the carpets this weekend with the CG carpet cleaner i just got. We'll have a halfway decent starting point hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Back