Car Detailing Thread

I’ve done this truck before but he really wanted the engine as done as well. My first time doing this. Think it looks amazing. He’s pretty excited. 980BD1D2-427F-4DC0-9F39-53FDF6818C4E.jpegCA9ABB99-8513-4217-A10B-8728E6EA9EFB.jpeg3CB2A3E2-BFBD-4AA8-AE1A-23FCE52315AC.jpegAA8E4DAD-80E4-4ADC-A534-5408F699DE00.jpeg

Well coming home this week I did (2) cars. A Tacoma for a church friend and a ‘13 4 Runner for a neighbors used car lot.
Both came out amazing. I finished the 4 runner late Sunday night. Dropped off in his driveway at 0745am today. He drove to the lot at 0910. Car was sold by 1000! New owners comment was how clean and well detailed the car looked. Already have some more booked when I get back from my next trip. 4836F4A4-3D4B-4E97-935B-3B3088971DEC.jpeg5EAA516E-0DF2-4B2D-B297-29582E4868B5.jpeg

Car detailers, is this the approach you would take to remove a vinyl wrap? I'm way too conscious of how I appear in my vehicle and the vinyl wrap the person put on my M3 is too much to drive it around often.

Car detailers, is this the approach you would take to remove a vinyl wrap? I'm way too conscious of how I appear in my vehicle and the vinyl wrap the person put on my M3 is too much to drive it around often.

I’m no expert but have removed before from our tour van. Seems fairly straight forward, just be careful not to take paint

Absolutely. A little bit of heat and a lot of patience is by far the best way.

What is everybody using these days for windshield coatings? I've always been a Rain-X guy, but when I had a stone chip repaired they did an application of what I believe was Aquapel. Well, it's lost the ability to make the water bead and sheet off, so I'm in the market for a new coating.

What is everybody using these days for windshield coatings? I've always been a Rain-X guy, but when I had a stone chip repaired they did an application of what I believe was Aquapel. Well, it's lost the ability to make the water bead and sheet off, so I'm in the market for a new coating.
I use the same sealant I use on the car. Right now that is Adams Ceramic Spray with Graphene. Going on months with still really good protection.

I bought more Aquapel

I paid dealer $500 for ceramic coating when I bought Genesis sedan new. ca 5 years ago.
What sold me was that if spray painted by vandals, the ceramic would allow the paint to be wiped off.

Well a month ago, it happened. A cop came by and asked if we knew there was green spray paint on the trunk.
I had bought a bottle of ceramic spray a few weeks earlier and used the spray and a clean cloth to wipe the spray paint off.

Dont recognize ceramic coatings in this thread. (JB just did) Is it not well accepted?

BTW water doesnt just bead. The beads dont move off the hood, while driving.

If it's a vinyl wrap on a full body panel or entire car, this video covers it well. The key is to not get it too hot(no more than 130*) and pulling at the correct angle.

This was done for a neighbors FIL today. They were blown away with the results. It’s a 2007. Can really appreciate the color in the sun. Also my first rag top to do. The 303 cleaner did wonders to it. Really happy with the results. And no lint thanks to using a lint roller on it.

Attachments

• DF4FE88D-BE40-4A30-9BB8-00EA07560295.jpeg
    DF4FE88D-BE40-4A30-9BB8-00EA07560295.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 6DCF9F51-DBBB-43F6-BF0F-6E177CF258E5.jpeg
    6DCF9F51-DBBB-43F6-BF0F-6E177CF258E5.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 11
  • 28651430-FA70-4F0E-BBC5-7D04D4CE338E.jpeg
    28651430-FA70-4F0E-BBC5-7D04D4CE338E.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 13
  • B0251E15-2778-468C-A6C7-E091F97B2303.jpeg
    B0251E15-2778-468C-A6C7-E091F97B2303.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 13
Well tried the Adam’s Spray Graphene Today and love it. It’s easy to work with and came out beautiful on this F250. Not sure how long it will last. This truck does not fit in the garage and its FL based but the owner loves it. EB4AB0B2-B809-400A-8E29-8C2D1AF5781D.jpeg

Did you find the Adam’s Graphene streaky at all?

Love that this thread is still going! Been a while since I've stopped in here, this past year finally got a new wheel setup on the S2000 and finally replaced the 17+ yr old top (Robbins Stayfast Cloth is the bomb).
Next spring I gotta do a re-buff/seal and might do the same for my daily Q5 + ceramic coat it finally.
zatnmn2l.jpg

@JB I took your advice and ordered the Adams w/graphene advanced from Amazon. I need to clean up my truck and try to clean up my wife's 2013 Sequoia. Not expecting miracles, but a nice shine with some protectant is all we need.

@JB I took your advice and ordered the Adams w/graphene advanced from Amazon. I need to clean up my truck and try to clean up my wife's 2013 Sequoia. Not expecting miracles, but a nice shine with some protectant is all we need.
I use the Graphene Spray of theirs and cannot believe how long it is lasting. Amazing reflection of some pretty heavy rain hte last week here after 6+ months ago of seal. Figure sometime in early January I will top it off with another layer.

I use the Graphene Spray of theirs and cannot believe how long it is lasting. Amazing reflection of some pretty heavy rain hte last week here after 6+ months ago of seal. Figure sometime in early January I will top it off with another layer.

Any tips for applying it? I have used others and have sprayed on a towel and wiped the vehicle. I bought the applicator sponge to go along with this one, so do you spray directly on the vehicle or the applicator?

Any tips for applying it? I have used others and have sprayed on a towel and wiped the vehicle. I bought the applicator sponge to go along with this one, so do you spray directly on the vehicle or the applicator?

I have done it both ways, but for safety, I like applying to applicator. Very little pressure is needed and just wipe off after rainbow effect starts.
They have a really good video on their channel on YouTube about application as well.

I have done it both ways, but for safety, I like applying to applicator. Very little pressure is needed and just wipe off after rainbow effect starts.
They have a really good video on their channel on YouTube about application as well.
One more thing I will add.
Do a single panel at a time and don't rush it. The whole vehicle won't take too long and you can use it on every surface. I started with the left front fender and worked my way around 1 panel at a time. Then I did the hood last for painted surfaces and did all of the windows as well.

Any tips for applying it? I have used others and have sprayed on a towel and wiped the vehicle...
No matter what the dressing/sealant/spray is I always tell people to apply to the applicator/towel then wipe on. This process limits any streaking or light spots and allows you to lay things down as evenly as possible. With some spray sealants that lay a little thick I sometimes follow up the first application with a clean buffing towel to catch any residual.

The Adam’s stuff seemed easy to apply and takeoff. I use an applicator pad to put on and the takeoff I’m using a microfiber towel. Very easy to do. I just did a 2005 997.1 that came out amazing as well. Looking forward to seeing how long and we,l this stuff lasts. The F250 is a good test as the truck sits outside full time in FL. The bottle I believe says lasts up to 12months so figured 6 would be great for the conditions down here.47307B72-A8A2-4FD8-AD4A-0AE2BCD047C5.png

Back