GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I have never really been a car rim person, but recently I started noticing them more.

Fast forward to a week ago and I got a new car with rims I really like and now @JB wants new ones for his car. I told him his were fine.

I told him to think of it like this, his rims are the girl with the nice personality, my rims are just more like the hot girl at the bar. :laughing:

Anyway, are you into rims?Do you have nice ones? If so, let’s see them!

I like them. I want them. I can’t bring myself to buy them.

Actually her response was "My rims are like loaded fries and yours are like regular fries".

She is right. :ROFLMAO:

Actually her response was "My rims are like loaded fries and yours are like regular fries".

What would you get if you got new rims?

Related: Will this car last longer than six months?

What would you get if you got new rims?

Related: Will this car last longer than six months?
My last one lasted 2 weeks, but that is a whole other story haha.

Something black with a hint of blue I believe.

Big advocate of premium oem or aftermarket wheels on sports cars and other sports models. Almost don't care at all on trucks and grocery getters.

I bought new rims and aftermarket tires for my Polaris RZR (side by side/off-road vehicle), but I've never once put aftermarket rims on any of my trucks. It's hard for me to justify the expense for something that's purely cosmetic, and that I don't even see while I'm driving it.

Customs rims are great as long as they are right for the car. I see so many that get something that off the car or on another car would look fine, but on it, just looks bad. and the proper wheel to tire ration is key.

No, the first time I told you your rims had a good personality. Then we got into a discussion about fries and I dug in by telling you your rims were plain fries and mine were loaded hahahaha. I find myself hilarious.

1623259900955.png

@JB needs to roll up to the Country Club in wheels like this!

I love rims but I wouldn't buy additional rims for my vehicle. The blacked out cars and trucks with matching black rims make me very jealous.

Spinners. Just get spinners....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have never thought that I needed to customize a car at all besides tinting the windows.

I liked my stock rims, but they were easily damaged by potholes, so I opted for much lighter flow formed, hub centric rims, smaller diameter (20 inch, to 19 inch), and better looking. 20200805_164303a.jpg

One of the characteristics of middle age (and beyond) is that you're more concerned with how long your car will last rather than how fast it goes or how it looks.

That said, I run dedicated winter tires and I have them on aftermarket wheels so I don;t have to pay for the changeover of my winter and summer treads on the same rims. Even I couldn't drive a car with steel wheels and wheel covers

I actually prefer the look of the winter wheels to the OEMs on my anonymous Accord:

1623260396949.png

Whatever you get, and however you run them, I have two words for you: nanoceramic coating. It does wonders to preserve the new look of the wheels, especially in harsh northerm winters.

are we going back to the cash money millionaires days and extreme rap game of the early 00's? If so, count me in!
Look like I'm glidin' on nothin', when I ride I be skatin',

If @JB gets rims he needs a garage plate or something that says #1 Stunna hahaha

Also pictures of @GolferGal baller status rims vs @JB basic rims

Man... the last set of custom wheels I had for a car were Crager Centerlines on my ‘81 Camaro Z28.

I like upgraded rims on a car, but I am not spending a lot on aftermarket upgrades.

I really like the size and color that came stock on my Sierra. Great combination with the trucks dark color. I think they can make or break the look of some cars and trucks. That said, I'm not after any aftermarket options for my cars anymore.

20210523_104404.jpg

Nothing upgrades the look of your car more than a nice set of aftermarket wheels. Used to spend all my money on useless car sh*t. NOW...I spend all that money on useless golf sh*t.

IMG_0112.JPG

Nothing upgrades the look of your car more than a nice set of aftermarket wheels. Used to spend all my money on useless car sh*t. NOW...I spend all that money on useless golf sh*t.

View attachment 9012200
I couldn't disagree more. Nice cars have nice wheels (especially if you're loading with options) that were designed to gel with the design of the car itself. Most aftermarket rims make nice cars look cheap.

Back