Car Shopping Stinks

I personally drive a Nissan, and it's fine. Not a lot of bells and whistles but good fuel efficiency and room for kids and golf clubs, which is most important to me.

I personally drive a Nissan, and it's fine. Not a lot of bells and whistles but good fuel efficiency and room for kids and golf clubs, which is most important to me.

I hear yah dude but I am a cheap arse, I look at some of that stuff as just more crap to break. The 2012 Camry we just got is pretty basic but as a typical Japanese car it has an amazing sound system and the car feels solid as a rock.

I hear yah dude but I am a cheap arse, I look at some of that stuff as just more crap to break. The 2012 Camry we just got is pretty basic but as a typical Japanese car it has an amazing sound system and the car feels solid as a rock.

Hahaha, I'm the same as you dude. Cars to me are just cars, a way to get around. I could care less about features. I'm about safety and fuel efficiency and that's why I have a Versa S. It's cheap to fill it up, it's safe as hell, and it's surprisingly roomy. The past few cars we've bought we've bought the leaders in their class for safety.

I like bells and whistles. I really like having connivence features, like heated seats, bluetooth, etc.

Tapatalkin

Its a Juke, they are weird looking. Have you checked out Acura? I personally really like them, the RDX, MDX, OR TL are very nice. They are reliable (Honda owned) and go like stink. If you could, wait for the new Evoque from range rover to come out. They look sweet and have tons of features that I like. I do like Volvo's though, safe and quite reliable. Oh so many choices. Just some of my thoughts. I am excited for you, buying a new car is super fun. Rat bag em all. Geneisis coupe is due for a an overhaul and there are rumours of a more powerful 420 r-spec coming out. Still dosent beat the V8 sound of a Mustang with a 5L

Its a Juke, they are weird looking. Have you checked out Acura? I personally really like them, the RDX, MDX, OR TL are very nice. They are reliable (Honda owned) and go like stink. If you could, wait for the new Evoque from range rover to come out. They look sweet and have tons of features that I like. I do like Volvo's though, safe and quite reliable. Oh so many choices. Just some of my thoughts. I am excited for you, buying a new car is super fun. Rat bag em all. Geneisis coupe is due for a an overhaul and there are rumours of a more powerful 420 r-spec coming out. Still dosent beat the V8 sound of a Mustang with a 5L

Mustangs are the most amazing sounding turds on the planet. A V8 with 228? HP is pretty laughable.

If we're talkin' tech, Ford wins IMO with the Sync system with My Ford Touch & Navigation. I have this in my truck and love it. Plays music from the bluetooth, jump drive, or internal hard drive; real time weather, sports, the list goes on.

If we're talkin' tech, Ford wins IMO with the Sync system with My Ford Touch & Navigation. I have this in my truck and love it. Plays music from the bluetooth, jump drive, or internal hard drive; real time weather, sports, the list goes on.

Man, you're such a cool Kentucky fan Texan! I like Ford as well. Always have. I use to rock the shat out of some F150's when I was building.

I tried Ford. Didn't make it long in my garage. I moved on to a Tacoma very quickly.

Tapatalkin

I went through the same thing last year JB, it took me months to figure out what I wanted. I was driving a Hummer H3, which I absolutely loved but I needed something better on gas because I do a decent amount of driving. Problem was, nothing compared to the Hummer for me. I ended up going with the new Nissan Altima (the new maxima is great too), which is great on gas and a decent car, although I still miss my Hummer very dearly, especially in the winter months when there is snow on the ground. I hated those months of car shopping because I was going back and forth and back and forth on which car to buy, but overall I am happy with my purchase. Good luck with your search!

Mustangs are the most amazing sounding turds on the planet. A V8 with 228? HP is pretty laughable.

2011 has 425hp, stacks up well against an M3. Handles great.

I tried Ford. Didn't make it long in my garage. I moved on to a Tacoma very quickly.

Tapatalkin

Depends on what you need it for dude. I use to have an 05, quad cab Tacoma. Loved it! But it couldn't haul like a full size truck. The F150 is a tank when it comes to that. I also like the Triton V8 gas motor in the Ford's.

Man, you're such a cool Kentucky fan Texan! I like Ford as well. Always have. I use to rock the shat out of some F150's when I was building.
I like to keep things as redneck as possible!

I have a vendor who drives a black Ford Fusion Sport loaded up and I really like the looks of that car (and I don't think I'll drive a car anytime soon).

Mid 90's I had an Explorer. What a piece of junk! I will never own another Ford because of that car.

Mid 90's I had an Explorer. What a piece of junk! I will never own another Ford because of that car.

Ford's different now Yorkem. I agree, the Exploders were pretty turrible. They sold b/c of Jurassic Park, lol.

I went through the same thing last year JB, it took me months to figure out what I wanted. I was driving a Hummer H3, which I absolutely loved but I needed something better on gas because I do a decent amount of driving. Problem was, nothing compared to the Hummer for me. I ended up going with the new Nissan Altima (the new maxima is great too), which is great on gas and a decent car, although I still miss my Hummer very dearly, especially in the winter months when there is snow on the ground. I hated those months of car shopping because I was going back and forth and back and forth on which car to buy, but overall I am happy with my purchase. Good luck with your search!
Miss that H3 that much...I've got one I'll send ya. Bought it for my wife (she thought she loved it). Counting the hours until she tells me to go get her another Tahoe.

Ford's different now Yorkem. I agree, the Exploders were pretty turrible. They sold b/c of Jurassic Park, lol.

Just put a bad taste in my mouth, and with so many other choices, I will just avoid Ford going forward. It's the same reason I won't by Hyundai. I know they make good cars now, but the first thing they showed up with in the U.S.A. Was that p.o.s. Excel. Total turn off to me when companies put out garbage, and know it is, but put it out there anyway.

Depends on what you need it for dude. I use to have an 05, quad cab Tacoma. Loved it! But it couldn't haul like a full size truck. The F150 is a tank when it comes to that. I also like the Triton V8 gas motor in the Ford's.

That is true, I think I would still go with a Tundra over a Ford

Tapatalkin

That is true, I think I would still go with a Tundra over a Ford

Tapatalkin

Me too dude, but the extra 10-15k isn't easy to find, lol

Haha, that is why I went with a Ford over the Toyota first and then changed after a year.

Tapatalkin

Tapatalkin

I used to run the fleet for a company that had a lot of pre 2004 Ford trucks and a bunch of 2004 and later Chevy trucks. More than half were the heavy duty one tons, although the 3/4 tons and half tons were also bought (around 50 total). When I left the company, most of the Fords had over 200,000 miles on them as did a lot of the Chevys. Some of the Fords were close to 300,000. Most of the Fords became "shop" trucks as they got replaced by the newer Chevys. As long as it's not a lemon from the start, and you maintain them correctly, they last a long time.

That's why I buy year old now. Let somebody else take the front hit and the vehicles become closer in price. I looked hard at the Tundra, but I like the seating and tech better in the Fords. My butt needs to be both heated and cooled in a great big seat, it's a KenTexan thang.

How many sets of clubs must be able to fit in it?

The Maxzda CX-7 or 9 are nice

Jeep makes some good stuff at decent prices. MPG is usually a issue with Jeeps, though.

Buy a Merc. I know a lot of people that work in the local Mercedes plant, and from what I hear, they could use the business.

Back