Car Shopping Stinks

Blatant skim alert.....are you looking at a crossover or another SUV again now that you're +1 with Duke on board now and getting into cycling? Since it's a 2nd car perhaps a certified used option to save some $$$? Or is that like buying a used club?

I'm really digging the CX-9....that could well be my new car next year..

How many sets of clubs must be able to fit in it?

The Maxzda CX-7 or 9 are nice

Jeep makes some good stuff at decent prices. MPG is usually a issue with Jeeps, though.

Blatant skim alert.....are you looking at a crossover or another SUV again now that you're +1 with Duke on board now and getting into cycling? Since it's a 2nd car perhaps a certified used option to save some $$$? Or is that like buying a used club?

Not sure we are looking at either. Looking at so many different things really. I will probably lease before I buy used. We use so few miles, the car is always under warranty, and then I can start fresh in 3 years.

Have the Volkswagen's piqued your interest at all? I spent a lot of time looking at both the toureg and tiguan (sp) for my mom. 3 year service included and since you like warrantied vehicles repair cost is negligible.

Added bonus if you look at leasing.

TC and war have nice suggestions with the genesis coupe. Almost bought that one instead of my truck, but the dealer error on the truck was to sweet to pass.

--
tapatalk

JB, what about the Knight XV? They are only making 100 of them. Here's some more info: http://conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html

Knight-XV-3-4-Front-homepag.jpg

I put way too many miles on cars to lease.

Me as well, but for those who don't drive a ton its a viable option.

--
tapatalk

Cars: Audi s4 is a fun little car. the a4 is a bit more reasonable, but won't be close to as fun to drive. I really like the way the s40 drives and the a4 could be comparable to that. the audi a7 is gorgeous and would give u a bit more room in the back. Cadillac cts is nice, but cadillac stinks for resale value.

S.U.V/Crossover: porsche cayenne, toyota 4runner limited is very nice now (my wife has an 07, but i prefer the new style), Acura ZDX (must see in person), infinity fx

Truck: Ford Raptor and toyotoa tundra

Just a little list of cars i like and since you mentioned nice cars in the original post I figured I would list a few good ones. I'm a car nut, but couldn't tell you how to fix one lol. I drive an 05 acura tl and an 08 Shelby Cobra GT500. The whole acura line is a great value (i've had 3) and a lot of them the only option is navigation or rear entertainment systems. As far as fun you can't beat driving the shelby. 500 hp 482 lbs of torque american muscle car that has given me whiplash from looking over as i hit the gas pretty good. I'm thinking of buying something in the next year and for me i think it will be an audi s4, s5, or a7. Well hope this can help somehow in your decision

After reading through this I noticed that Acura has not been mentioned. As an Acura owner I cannot speak more highly of the brand or my car. I would suggest a 2009 or newer TSX, great combination of style, technology, luxury and sport. I had one of these as a loaner car when I was having my window replaced on my car at Acura (broken into) and it will be my next purchase. It is such a great car, Acura is 2nd only to Honda in holding value and my car has 160,00 miles on it and still runs great, I'm planning on taking it to 200K, being in sales that shouldn't take too much longer.

I take a long time to buy cars, but I enjoy the research, this last car took me just under 12 months to finally make a purchase but i couldn't be happier. For the record I do really like the exterior look of the Mini you are looking at but the interior does not do it for me.

Edit: after seeing the above post I have to mention that the Acura ZDX is possibly the worst car in production right now. It is too big to be a coupe but too small to be an SUV or a sedan, no trunk space, no back seat legroom. I have no idea what Acura was thinking however it looks like their error will be short lived as they are not planning on continuing the car much longer.

We drive my car 90% of the time and I have put 8,000 miles on it in 1 year so we really don't put any miles on the car at all. This is including multiple cross state trips. I remember when I had to commute 45mins to an hour to work everyday, man I put a lot of miles on my car then.

We drive my car 90% of the time and I have put 8,000 miles on it in 1 year so we really don't put any miles on the car at all. This is including multiple cross state trips. I remember when I had to commute 45mins to an hour to work everyday, man I put a lot of miles on my car then.

that's like me. I put a lot of miles on my car ATM. When I purchased it I worked only 7 miles from my house, now its 23.

WOW!!! My wife and I average about 20,000 miles on both of our primary cars per year.

I don't think we would put that many miles on our cars if it wasn't for the weekend trips. We are hardly at the house over the weekends. I guess a second kid would stop a lot of that traveling. HAHA

JB, I guess you have to be able to fit some golf clubs in the car. Or can you drive a golf car to your local range?

I would say go really sporty if you don't need to carry your clubs everywhere.

I don't think we would put that many miles on our cars if it wasn't for the weekend trips. We are hardly at the house over the weekends. I guess a second kid would stop a lot of that traveling. HAHA

JB, I guess you have to be able to fit some golf clubs in the car. Or can you drive a golf car to your local range?

I would say go really sporty if you don't need to carry your clubs everywhere.

We technically could drive a golf cart to the range but that won't be happening. JB is out looking at some cars right now. As long as he can fit 2 bags and some misc clubs then that should be enough room. And the 2nd bag can go in the back seat, that's what he does now. Plus we still have my car which can fit a ton.

Really hard to go wrong with anything made by toyota or Mazda. We had a 1996 Mazda had 350K on it when we sold it to the kid next door. That was 5 yrs. ago and his younger brother drives it now.

We technically could drive a golf cart to the range but that won't be happening. JB is out looking at some cars right now. As long as he can fit 2 bags and some misc clubs then that should be enough room. And the 2nd bag can go in the back seat, that's what he does now. Plus we still have my car which can fit a ton.

True. There goes the Lambo out of the picture. Darn. HAHA

I guess you have to decide if you want sporty or room. Most car companies go either way on that design process.

That's what I have to do with my car. It helps that it is a convertible because I just drop the top, and drop the second bag in the back seat.

I guess you have to decide if you want sporty or room. Most car companies go either way on that design process.

My car has tons of space so I don't think space is a huge issue. However, my backseats don't go down (which is the only thing I hate about my car) so having some room, or a car that at least has seats go down would be nice.

That's what I have to do with my car. It helps that it is a convertible because I just drop the top, and drop the second bag in the back seat.

We talked about that for the dogs. I was curious if they would like that or if they would try and jump out. Ellie might now but I am not sure about Duke yet, that little guy can jump really high!

My car has tons of space so I don't think space is a huge issue. However, my backseats don't go down (which is the only thing I hate about my car) so having some room, or a car that at least has seats go down would be nice.

Skim alert:

Is he set on a car or willing to go with a SUV type vehicle?

We talked about that for the dogs. I was curious if they would like that or if they would try and jump out. Ellie might now but I am not sure about Duke yet, that little guy can jump really high!

That's an important thing to think about too. My dog is not allowed in that car. We have a car specifically for him because he is 100 pounds of hair and it gets everywhere.

See my post on the Charger.

After reading through this I noticed that Acura has not been mentioned. As an Acura owner I cannot speak more highly of the brand or my car. I would suggest a 2009 or newer TSX, great combination of style, technology, luxury and sport. I had one of these as a loaner car when I was having my window replaced on my car at Acura (broken into) and it will be my next purchase. It is such a great car, Acura is 2nd only to Honda in holding value and my car has 160,00 miles on it and still runs great, I'm planning on taking it to 200K, being in sales that shouldn't take too much longer.

I take a long time to buy cars, but I enjoy the research, this last car took me just under 12 months to finally make a purchase but i couldn't be happier. For the record I do really like the exterior look of the Mini you are looking at but the interior does not do it for me.

Edit: after seeing the above post I have to mention that the Acura ZDX is possibly the worst car in production right now. It is too big to be a coupe but too small to be an SUV or a sedan, no trunk space, no back seat legroom. I have no idea what Acura was thinking however it looks like their error will be short lived as they are not planning on continuing the car much longer.

You mentioned I mentioned the zdx and nobody mentioned Acura. I said Ive had 3 and it's a great value. The zdx is a direct copy of the BMW crossover. It's not for everyone, but I wouldn't say it's the worst car in production. Have you seen the smart car? Acura has great service. I found out when I had 4 transmissions in 70000 miles and the power mirror motor replaced and driver auto seat positioning fixed 5 times. Oh and i almost forgot the nav went out once and so did the radio.It was a 2001 Acura cl type s. they replaced it without questions and said since they were reoccurring problems they would continue fixing it. It was purchased on fri the 13th though, so maybe that was an issue too.

Hyundai has an awesome line now. The equos or whatever the spelling is comes with an iPad with the owners manual and maintenance. When you need an oil change or service, they come pick the car up, leave a replacement, and bring the car back to you when it is completed. If you go to an airport for business you can tell them, they will pick it up, do your service, and return the car as you left it before your trip. You can even buy one without ever going to the dealership. They will bring the car to you for the whole process.

"I go from wanting a fully electric car, to a Mini Clubman to another Volvo (new S60 is nice), to something less expensive because after all this is our 2nd car. It is consuming me at this point and I really need to make a decision."

Well, we're waiting! (Judge Smails):confused2:

I hope you haven't been totally consumed. I'm thinking of getting a new(er) vehicle in the next month or so. I'm also considering the Clubman. I want a wagonish vehicle, something I can just toss the clubs into and jet off. I should stress the jet part, the S model has plenty of power and drives as if on rails.

Just taking a brief break from car shopping as I deal with a few things that have come up. My search will resume soon I am sure.

Back