Car Shopping Stinks

You mentioned I mentioned the zdx and nobody mentioned Acura. I said Ive had 3 and it's a great value. The zdx is a direct copy of the BMW crossover. It's not for everyone, but I wouldn't say it's the worst car in production. Have you seen the smart car? Acura has great service. I found out when I had 4 transmissions in 70000 miles and the power mirror motor replaced and driver auto seat positioning fixed 5 times. Oh and i almost forgot the nav went out once and so did the radio.It was a 2001 Acura cl type s. they replaced it without questions and said since they were reoccurring problems they would continue fixing it. It was purchased on fri the 13th though, so maybe that was an issue too.

Hyundai has an awesome line now. The equos or whatever the spelling is comes with an iPad with the owners manual and maintenance. When you need an oil change or service, they come pick the car up, leave a replacement, and bring the car back to you when it is completed. If you go to an airport for business you can tell them, they will pick it up, do your service, and return the car as you left it before your trip. You can even buy one without ever going to the dealership. They will bring the car to you for the whole process.

I saw the commercial for that Equos last night for the first time, man it looks SWEET

Amen Brother!

I totally agree too... American is the way to go. You want a nice reliable second car that doen't cost an arm and a leg. Check out the Chevy Cruze! Very nice car for the money as well as about 40 mpg!! I can get you a good deal JB. Then I could deliver it to Florida for you! Get me some winter golf time... LOL

If you buy Chevy or Buick, let me know. I will make sure they at least give you a good deal. You know keep them honest.

Buy American.

Kevin

I tried, I had a Lincoln LS that had so many problems with it that it turned me completely away from the brand, I would never buy another Lincoln as long as I live. My dad use to run a company that sold high speed cutting tools to GM and Ford and he would tell me that there are more foreign parts on American cars than on some of the foreign brands.

You mentioned I mentioned the zdx and nobody mentioned Acura. I said Ive had 3 and it's a great value. The zdx is a direct copy of the BMW crossover. It's not for everyone, but I wouldn't say it's the worst car in production. Have you seen the smart car? Acura has great service. I found out when I had 4 transmissions in 70000 miles and the power mirror motor replaced and driver auto seat positioning fixed 5 times. Oh and i almost forgot the nav went out once and so did the radio.It was a 2001 Acura cl type s. they replaced it without questions and said since they were reoccurring problems they would continue fixing it. It was purchased on fri the 13th though, so maybe that was an issue too.

Hyundai has an awesome line now. The equos or whatever the spelling is comes with an iPad with the owners manual and maintenance. When you need an oil change or service, they come pick the car up, leave a replacement, and bring the car back to you when it is completed. If you go to an airport for business you can tell them, they will pick it up, do your service, and return the car as you left it before your trip. You can even buy one without ever going to the dealership. They will bring the car to you for the whole process.

Ya I missed your Acura post somehow. I love Acura, I actually have a CL right now nearing 160,000 miles, my dad drove it while I was gone on business for a week and was telling how much nicer the ride is compared to his brand new car. The Smart car is obviously a terrible car but there is a market for it, and after sitting in one i was extremely surprised with the room it has. Plus it is the perfect size for them to burry you in when you get into an accident with it.

Have you ever gotten into the ZDX? the back seat? I am 6'2" and I could barley fit through the door. The reason I said it was the worst car in production is because it serves no purpose. It's like a 2 door SUV but with no trunk space, I honestly cant believe they are selling them at all. The looks are great but that is it.

New BMW 328I coming out in Feb 2012. Has both sports car feel with luxury touch.. 4yr/50k free maint and warranty

Amen Brother!

Bought 2 Chevy's brand new, both are pieces of garbage, all kinds of issues, known defects that they wont do anything about.

Wont make that mistake EVER again.

How many miles would you expect to put on this car?
Would you just be driving or would this car be used for multiple passengers more?
How much do you want to spend?
Are you concerned about fuel mileage?
Would you be going to play golf and used this car?
How will this can be used on FWY VS street? % of use?

Completely agree, but I like it better than house shopping.

My son bought a Mini S convertible, great car, trouble free and he loves it. I like it a lot but the ride is harsh and I grew weary of it quickly, if the clubman rides softer it would be a great choice. From what I have heard the all electric is still not ready for prime time, bums me out as I would love one for my use. I spent the first twenty years of my working life in car dealerships and have to say JRod speaks the truth, hard to go wrong with a Toyota. Told my Mother to buy a Camry when she needed a new car, she didn't listen and bought a full size GM lots of problems in its short life, there is a reason GM has closed so many of its divisions.

JB, been out and in on this thread so this may have already been mentioned...Volvo C30 Coupe

c30_exterior_10.jpg

Saw one of these yesterday and they have a great look, Volvo safety......etc

During my brief stint working at a dealership, we couldn't keep the C30's in stock. They kind of got popular post Twilight, which is kind of funny. THey are fun to drive though. I will also say this: if I were looking for something performance based in a small package, I would highly recommend the VW R32. What a sick car that is. AWD in that car makes it literally the best handling little car I've ever driven.

Thread reviver, I know, but has anyone had experiences with buying new from VW? Flex on MSRP, reasonable trade in offers?

I'm currently looking at their GLI option, having driven it a couple times and I really like it. I like everything about the GTI minus the rounder corners of the exterior, and I wouldn't mind returning to an actual trunk, as I currently drive a Mazda3 hatchback.

My only competition right now is the Subaru Imprezza WRX, but that's a bit of a stretch. A bit more expensive and about 70 additional (and unneeded HP).

Thread reviver, I know, but has anyone had experiences with buying new from VW? Flex on MSRP, reasonable trade in offers?

I'm currently looking at their GLI option, having driven it a couple times and I really like it. I like everything about the GTI minus the rounder corners of the exterior, and I wouldn't mind returning to an actual trunk, as I currently drive a Mazda3 hatchback.

My only competition right now is the Subaru Imprezza WRX, but that's a bit of a stretch. A bit more expensive and about 70 additional (and unneeded HP).

There is very little markup in the VW line. Also, it depends on the demand of the GLI/GTI which will depend on how much discount. Sometimes, VW will have random incentives/rebates if you're conquest, loyalty, college grad, etc. When you're seriously interested, I can do some in-depth research for you since I have the behind the scene tools to find out what they can offer. Feel free to PM.

There is very little markup in the VW line. Also, it depends on the demand of the GLI/GTI which will depend on how much discount. Sometimes, VW will have random incentives/rebates if you're conquest, loyalty, college grad, etc. When you're seriously interested, I can do some in-depth research for you since I have the behind the scene tools to find out what they can offer. Feel free to PM.

Thanks man, I shot you a PM. Definitely interested, pending the deal is there.

Go to edmunds.com and look at their new car section. It will tell you list, invoice and fair price for cars. For most Euro cars getting fair or under fair is usually pretty good.

Do you lease or buy? If you lease, that's a whole 'nother ball game and there are some amazing deals out there now.

Back