Carolina peeps, Tobacco Road opening this Sat 10/5

JLit

Reaction score
Handicap
Dhill, my brother, and myself are playing Tobacco Road this Saturday and our 4th had to cancel. Time is 12:40 and cost is $45. Who wants it?

Bump for the day crew. Really hope a THPer out there can make it!

Great course! hope you guys find a 4th. $45 is a great deal.

Wish I could make it; have heard some interesting things about the course. Too long of a drive for me now, but just wait until Winter....

Maybe course review it?

Definitely will take some pictures. Gonna be pretty packed tomorrow, so there may be time for a lot or just a few, depending. I can't wait to see this course in person, as the pictures online are just insane.

Definitely will take some pictures. Gonna be pretty packed tomorrow, so there may be time for a lot or just a few, depending. I can't wait to see this course in person, as the pictures online are just insane.

I can't make it, but I like that course. Here's my advice: definitely get a yardage book when you are in the pro shop. If you trust the yardages and are hitting the ball well, you can go low there. I had a legit shot at breaking 80 there until I butchered the 18th hole a couple of years ago. If you want more advice, PM me.

I finally got down there earlier this year and it's an interesting course. I had played Tot Hill farm before so I knew what I was getting myself into. Just have to realize there is MUCH more room than it appears from the tee. It's a visually intimidating course but it's not very hard. They've been having a rough time with their greens this year but have been working hard to get them back. Hopefully their work is paying off now, they were quite bad when I played in August.

I can't make it, but I like that course. Here's my advice: definitely get a yardage book when you are in the pro shop. If you trust the yardages and are hitting the ball well, you can go low there. I had a legit shot at breaking 80 there until I butchered the 18th hole a couple of years ago. If you want more advice, PM me.

PM Sent. Thanks Amol

PM Sent. Thanks Amol

You have no excuse to not play well after my response. ;-)

#13 is one of the most unique par 5's that I've ever played. You will either love it or hate it, which also applies to the entire course.

You have no excuse to not play well after my response. ;-)

#13 is one of the most unique par 5's that I've ever played. You will either love it or hate it, which also applies to the entire course.

Have you played Tot Hill? Most people get the love / hate relationship there too. I love it.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to go crazy out there tomorrow now

Got a 4th!

CHUNKY! Gonna be a blast. Great course with good people. I'm excited

If I had known earlier, I may have been able to drive up. Hit'em well fellas.

Does it feel as if you're hitting your drive on 18 up and over the edge of the earth never to be found again? Looks that way in pictures.

Can't wait to get around this track tomorrow. Gonna be a blast!

Have you played Tot Hill? Most people get the love / hate relationship there too. I love it.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to go crazy out there tomorrow now

I hate the front 9 and love the back 9........probably has to do with me shooting 47 on the front and 37 on the back! Took me the front 9 to figure out all the visual stuff.

Teeing off on the first hole was funny. You look out and there is this tiny sliver of fairway on the left and the starter goes "just hit over the giant mound." Um, ok, so I did. Get to the other side of the mound and there is a football field worth of fairway. Very similar to #1 at TR.

For anyone who has played both, do you compare this more to Tot Hill or to True Blue? Looks as if it's a combination of the two on a much larger scale. On steroids perhaps.

Seems to have the distinct look, terrain and mounding of Tot Hill, with the openness and feel of True Blue.

Does it feel as if you're hitting your drive on 18 up and over the edge of the earth never to be found again? Looks that way in pictures.

Can't wait to get around this track tomorrow. Gonna be a blast!

Not really. You can't really see all of the landing zone, but there isn't a ton of elevation change. I think they have an aiming post set up to give you a line on the hole. 18 is actually one of the most benign holes out there.

Not really. You can't really see all of the landing zone, but there isn't a ton of elevation change. I think they have an aiming post set up to give you a line on the hole. 18 is actually one of the most benign holes out there.

Gotcha. The pictures make it look like a pretty decent uphill shot. I noticed the black aiming post you speak of. This hole looks so awesome from the tee.
7e4u3uny.jpg

Gotcha. The pictures make it look like a pretty decent uphill shot. I noticed the black aiming post you speak of. This hole looks so awesome from the tee.

18 is one of quite a few holes where there is so much more fairway out there than it looks like off of the tee.

Just don't blast your tee shot way right like I did. It still annoys me to this day that I screwed that hole up.

I am very unhappy that I can't be there this time. You guys need to get down to Keith Hills soon or we need to just meet up and play again wherever. Jlit, check your PM's bud.

I am very unhappy that I can't be there this time. You guys need to get down to Keith Hills soon or we need to just meet up and play again wherever. Jlit, check your PM's bud.

I hate you're gonna miss us tomorrow too. Maybe sooner rather than later?

PM replied to.

If you can get past all the visual stuff the course is actually not that hard at all. The hard part is getting past the visual so much is going on. Are we still going to try and get something going at TR for a Carolina outing?

If you can get past all the visual stuff the course is actually not that hard at all. The hard part is getting past the visual so much is going on. Are we still going to try and get something going at TR for a Carolina outing?

Indeed we are. Perhaps something early next year.

Back