Carry bag or push cart?

I'm trying to come back to golf this year. Thanks covid-19. I bought a clic gear 3.5 in February for this with the intention of walking.

one of our local courses rents those out...I really like them. makes me wanna ditch my caddytec...

OK with the restrictions on no motorized golf carts in some areas what do you prefer to use a lightweight carry bag or a push/pull cart? I have neither and am looking at my options.
I used to carry my bag as a kid, but it's a push cart all the way now. I carried it one time last year and did 9 holes. Nope. Not again. #pushcartmafia

I used to carry my bag until my shoulder hurt to much to carry. Now it's a Clickgear 3+ for me.

I carried my clubs years ago for years.. then hurt my back. Not anymore.

I carry and enjoy it. I don’t get too caught up in making sure I get the lightest bag.

Clicgear push cart, especially now since I'll have to load up with drinks and food.

Clicgear push cart, especially now since I'll have to load up with drinks and food.
Our course dues include carts so for years have ridden except early or late in the year when carts arent available . I have an older push cart and since carts arent available have been doing a lot of walking. Im actually enjoying it as are some(not all ) of the group i golf with. Great exercise especially with the gym closed. especially with the ground being soft.

Feel loads fresher after 10 holes pushing over carrying. This means better scores

Carry, even in Phoenix in August I'd rather carry.

Push cart or ride, but also have a carry bag as a backup.

Pushed for the first time today, wasn't much easier than carrying at all. Nicer on clubs, easier to hook on a cooler so worth it.

Just bought the last push cart Academy Sports had. I plan on using it once the wife goes back to work. She’s been riding in a cart with me for the last month and a half.

I would rather carry 9 times out of 10. But, as the temps get closer to that 100 mark, I make myself use the Clicgear instead.
The clicgear is really nice for walking when it's super hot out. I can stick a big umbrella in mine & it's nice to be able to duck into the shade between shots.

Pushcart for me 100% - I don't have a carry bag

I like to carry when playing 9 and push cart when I play 18.

I carried virtually all my rounds before COVID-19, so the answer for me is easy. But let's focus on you.

Carrying your clubs is much superior for exercise, but it requires a certain amount of fitness or it's going to be a grind. You'll burn about twice as many calories as playing with a push or pull cart. 4-5x as much as riding in a cart. Obviously, you are going to use your muscles more, though I'm not suggesting this is the same as a good workout at the gym.

Whether you are physically able is something I can't answer. Many do have physical limitations that makes this a no-go. But there are also plenty of people who say they can't when the reality is they simply don't want to.

It also can be something you might have to build up to. Say carrying on some 9-hole rounds on a flat course first.

I carry and enjoy it. I don’t get too caught up in making sure I get the lightest bag.
Second that. The difference between a hybrid carry bag and a super lightweight bag is about 1 1/2 pounds. That's less than the weight of one club.

Pushing 60 here and a bad back with
Okay, you revealed something about yourself here. I'm a few years older than you and ruptured a disc 35 years ago. It took me years to get where I could carry and it not be a problem. A combination of addressing the root issue of scar tissue in my foot along with the neurological changes it created, and a couple of years of prescriptive exercise to get the muscle groups to provide proper support. The exercise I have of course needed to maintain.

Looks to me like you need to be in the market for a push cart. As several have mentioned the Clicgear 3.5 is a wonderful option.

Clicgear 3.5 is a wonderful option

It certainly is. There are also electric wheelsets made for it. I've got a hard ponder going on those again for mine.

If playing 9 holes, I will carry. If I am playing 18 that I have planned for, I use my electric trolley. I like a stand/carry bag.

I have the option of both - during the winter I carried when trolleys aren't allowed on the course, and with areas roped off to protect the ground you could end up walking a lot extra back and forth to your ball

During the summer I will push, either the electric trolley if Jen is not out as well, or if we are both out I will push my older trolley and let her use the electric one

Push cart or pull cart all day every day. I've carried once and pulled once and pulling is soooo much easier and less stress on your back
And pushing is even less strain on your back than pulling, especially if you have a hilly course

Push cart or riding. I never carry my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both. If I play a short course and only need 10 clubs and 2 beers I carry. A long course where I need 12+ clubs, extra balls and more then 2 beers, I push. A long hilly course, it depends.

Clicgear always baby

Back