Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Both

Votes: 21 26.6%

• Total voters

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was on the line today and looking at Budget Golf for a cart bag because it seems like I don’t have enough pockets for my stuff, but I don’t like putting the woods in the back of the bag. I like the big dog, 3 wood, hybrid and putter on top and it seems like that isn’t really what you are supposed to do with the cart bags.

What style of bag do you use? Both or just 1?

I have both a Sun Mountain 2.5 and C130. But I gave up carrying and just use the C130 now on my push cart when I walk and when I ride. There is one thing I hate about my C310 though, there is only 1 place for hanging things like my brush and its on the side if you carrying it on your right shoulder! I get stuck with my brush all the time!

I use a cart bag (Sun Mountain C-130). I ride for about 99% of my rounds, and if I'm not riding I use a Clicgear push cart. It's not ideal on the Clicgear having the woods in the back of the bag, but for as seldom as I do it, I just deal with it. I haven't carried for a round in many years, so no need for a carry bag.

I’m not able to complete 9 holes without having to sit periodically so I ride all the time and use a Ping Pioneer cart bag. When I go to the range and practice areas, I put it on an old pull cart. I could not be happier. Ping thought of everything a good cart bag needs and included it.

I use both but lean towards the cart bag because the stand bags won’t sit properly on a push cart when I walk. Looking to start carrying more next season and actually leaving just the bare necessities in the bag. Also on budget golf earlier and the bags I looked into weren’t in stock.

I use a Ping Pioneer cart bag. I ride or use a push cart 99% of the time. I can attach a strap in a pinch, but it's not really necessary for me. In the past I've used Sun Mountain and Ogio bags. This Ping is so far ahead of them, I don't believe I'll ever even consider anything else.

I prefer the flexibility of a carry bag. I can carry or ride depending on my mood.

Currently using a cart bag mainly because since I haven't walked or used a push cart in nearly a decade. The times I did use one or walked have been few and far between. I've contemplated an RTC bag because I do go to the range a lot and it would be nice to just have it not be in those plastic things they have at each bay, or have it lay next to me.

Cart bag mostly, since I tore my Achilles last year I ride mostly.
But I do use a stand/carry bag occasionally, and every time I go to the range.

love my C130 cart bag, but it is much heavier and larger. The pockets are incredibly useful, and having 14 way adapter is the best.
My Odyssey stand/carry is lighter and easier, but there is the trade off with it.

Cart (c130) for me. I either ride or use push cart, never carry

I just went from a carry/stand bag to a cart (Callaway Org14). Had carried/walked for years, will be getting a push cart for the next season

Cart bag mostly, since I tore my Achilles last year I ride mostly.
But I do use a stand/carry bag occasionally, and every time I go to the range.

love my C130 cart bag, but it is much heavier and larger. The pockets are incredibly useful, and having 14 way adapter is the best.
My Odyssey stand/carry is lighter and easier, but there is the trade off with it.
The C130 bag is super popular. The Ogio Convoy looks like a winner too.

I really like the carry bag for the range too. Very transportable.

Use a Sun Mountain Sync (which does put the putter and woods in front of the other clubs) about 75% of the time and a Ben Hogan stand bag the other 25%. I don't use the stand bag as a carry bag though. Use both bags on my Clicgear push cart.

I have both, but I voted cart bag. Knowing you're going to ride just frees everything up. No more worrying about saving weight. The things that come in and out of a carry bag become permanent, and there and convenient when you need them. You can load up snacks and drinks, and on and on. The carry bag is for special occasions or sometimes travel these days.

I have had staff bags for years, I have about ten old ones holding stuff in my garage. It is a nice benefit of having staff agreements, although having your name on them prevents doing anything but using them for storage after they are replaced. I love them for the range and if I am riding. I also have a carry bag for walking rounds or any time I have a caddy. I dislike the tangling from a carry bag since I tend to look for the lightweight ones for the rounds I carry.

I carry often...Cart only when required.

both...

I use both. This year I ended up using a carry bag most of my rounds, even if I was riding.

I have both but mostly use the carry bag now.

Both.

Cart

2 Carry Bags

Sunday Bag (Wife)

Hipster bag lol

I’m a believer in a good lightweight carry bag that rides nice in a cart. Recently picked up a hoofer lite and am in love with it.

I have both a C-130 cart bag and 3 stand bags but I never carry. Everyone laughs because on the stand bags when I am riding I have the bag reversed so the woods are to the seat side of the cart.

I was on the line today and looking at Budget Golf for a cart bag because it seems like I don’t have enough pockets for my stuff, but I don’t like putting the woods in the back of the bag. I like the big dog, 3 wood, hybrid and putter on top and it seems like that isn’t really what you are supposed to do with the cart bags.

What style of bag do you use? Both or just 1?
Really? I ordered this one and they show it set up this way. Not available at budget though. https://www.vesselbags.us/lux-xv-la...sLmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIlB5aXNBcCJ9

I have both a C-130 cart bag and 3 stand bags but I never carry. Everyone laughs because on the stand bags when I am riding I have the bag reversed so the woods are to the seat side of the cart.

I really don't. Nothing gets reversed on my carry bags to sit that way on a cart. :unsure:

Back