Hacker Rod

Albatross 2023 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
You betcha
I'm on my second generation Sun Mountain C-130, which I've had for five or six years. For the most part the bag has served me well. It looks good, offers plenty of storage, an insulated pocket just large enough for two bottles, multiple grab handles, and it has proven to be quite durable. I especially like the 15-way top, which gives me an extra slot to use when evaluating something new. BUT I AM TIRED OF THE DARN THING FALLING OVER!!! This morning I went into the garage to find it resting on the edge of a recycling tote. I thought for sure at least one of the heads must have been snapped off, but to my surprise nothing appears to be damaged. Fortunate for sure, but I am wondering if it's a sign that it's time to move on.

Since I like the functionality of the bag, I'm not looking for a completely different design. Something similar but with added stability would be ideal. In my brief research, the TaylorMade Supreme seems to be the closest in design. Can anyone provide feedback on the Supreme? Are there any other suggestions?

I had the same problem with my C-130. I switched to an Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 last year and it actually stays upright. Enough pockets for everything and the cooler section can take at least 2 32oz bottles.

Get a Vessel. You won't ever look back. Little pricey but well worth it. Had mine for a couple months now and won't ever go back. Functional and easy to clean, lots of comments on them. Zippers are excellent and very waterproof if you get caught in a storm.

Get a Vessel. You won't ever look back. Little pricey but well worth it. Had mine for a couple months now and won't ever go back. Functional and easy to clean, lots of comments on them. Zippers are excellent and very waterproof if you get caught in a storm.

Probably worth a little more to me if it solves the problem. Unfortunately, all four colors of the Lux XV are currently out of stock.

I have been eyeing the cart or stand bag from Vessel. Cart bag is sold out sadly.

That is the one thing I don't like about my cart bag. It's not a big deal if I have a cart as I just carry a few clubs to the range but I hate it if I just go to the range to practice. My club doesn't have anything to lean a bag up next to so I have to lay it on the ground.

I have been eyeing the cart or stand bag from Vessel. Cart bag is sold out sadly.
They go pretty quickly, I was lucky enough to snag a white one when I got mine.

I had several C-130s over the years and experienced the same thing with it not being stable enough for my liking. The bag very comparable that I really liked, and I don't think they offer it anymore, is the Callaway Org 15. It had the 15 club slots and what was really nice was the cooler pocket was huge and in front. You could put several water bottles or beers in there without expanding the size of the bag side-to-side. That was great when riding with a friend on a cart where the bag area isn't as wide as some others or your cart partner already has a stuffed bag.

I am now using the Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 and it is as good of a bag as any out there. It has plenty of pockets and some neat features that distinguish it from other cart bags.

the Ogio Convoy Alpha RTC I have is great. Has legs so I could take it to the range and stand it up, tons of storage and 13 way divider plus the external putter well. Pass through for straps, shoulder strap tucks away, a smaller insulated pocket.

Only negative was that it is super heavy but oh well.

I had the same problem with my C-130. I switched to an Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 last year and it actually stays upright. Enough pockets for everything and the cooler section can take at least 2 32oz bottles.
Really like the Ogio as well. Got it because my Callaway bag kept falling over.

the Ogio Convoy Alpha RTC I have is great. Has legs so I could take it to the range and stand it up, tons of storage and 13 way divider plus the external putter well. Pass through for straps, shoulder strap tucks away, a smaller insulated pocket.

Only negative was that it is super heavy but oh well.

Must be discontinued -- unless I'm overlooking it, it's not on Ogio's website. The Ogio Convoy SE 14 looks like a lot of bag for the money, but every color is sold out.

Must be discontinued -- unless I'm overlooking it, it's not on Ogio's website. The Ogio Convoy SE 14 looks like a lot of bag for the money, but every color is sold out.

That is too bad. I am not using mine currently, have been using a carry bag since my trip to Bandon. Do they still make the C130S that has stand legs?

I've had my C-130 since my old PING Pioneer cart bag started to fall over. It's inevitable for cart bags IMO. At some point the internal frame starts to lean and they become a little tipsy. Current bag is at least a few years old and still mostly stands ok, but I don't really leave it standing on the range, parking lot, bag drop, etc. without being leaned against something as I can tell it's getting close. I really like my cart bag but have started considering some other options like the Ogio stand/cart bags or the C-130S so I just don't have to worry about it. Not sure which way I'm going to go when it's time.

That is too bad. I am not using mine currently, have been using a carry bag since my trip to Bandon. Do they still make the C130S that has stand legs?

They do still offer the C-130 stand. Even though it says it's been freshly updated for 2022, all four colors are out of stock.

Have been using a Big Max Dri Lite Sport Cart Bag for a little over a month and really like it. Should meet all of your requirements for storage and dividers and I have seen absolutely no issues with stability. Huge added bonus is the water resistance. Previous used a Sun Mountain Sync and I was lucky if everything dried out by the next day after a good raining on. Have been rained on numerous times since using the Big Max and have not needed to take a single thing out of the bag for the contents or the bag to dry out.

https://us.bigmaxgolf.com/product/dri-lite-sport/

I much prefer a stand bag. Mainly because they are lighter and have the stand.

I much prefer a stand bag. Mainly because they are lighter and have the stand.

I'm good with a stand bag as long as it fits in the cart okay.

Was looking at the Vessel site again, they have Player III Stand bags in stock. 14 way top. Could have the best of both worlds if you spend a lot of time at the range.

I feel you. Have to set my C-130 down on its side at the range if the wind is blowing at all.

I love the look of that Vessel but wish they offered a 7-way top.

Have been using a Big Max Dri Lite Sport Cart Bag for a little over a month and really like it. Should meet all of your requirements for storage and dividers and I have seen absolutely no issues with stability. Huge added bonus is the water resistance. Previous used a Sun Mountain Sync and I was lucky if everything dried out by the next day after a good raining on. Have been rained on numerous times since using the Big Max and have not needed to take a single thing out of the bag for the contents or the bag to dry out.

Looks to check all the boxes. Definitely a strong contender.

I'm good with a stand bag as long as it fits in the cart okay.
The vessel stand bag I have seems to fit pretty well. The problem with any stand bag its obviously the stands but this one seems to fit better than others for whatever reason.

Was looking at the Vessel site again, they have Player III Stand bags in stock. 14 way top. Could have the best of both worlds if you spend a lot of time at the range.

I'm not super picky about colors, but I don't think I can live with either of the two colors still available. It is missing a few of the Lux XV's features, too.

The Hybrid cart/stand model is nearly perfect. It's only missing the 15-way top. I could probably live with the 14-way top, but it doesn't matter since all colors are currently unavailable.

Back