Cart Girls (Beer Babes if you will)

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I have a question for our members. My wife works at a bank and she said she had a young lady come in yesterday that said she was a cart girl. My wife said that she didn't look like she was 21. Would I be right in assuming that a cart girl would have to be 21 to sell beer to the players on the course? Or are there different rules for golf courses.

It depends on where you live. I believe most states you only have to be 18 to serve alcohol. Heck I think in Maine you only have to be 17.

18 in Texas to serve beer, 21 to serve mixed drinks, IIRC.

It depends on your state's liquor control laws. Some states are different than others. Most of the time, you only have to be 18 to handle alcohol as a server. Otherwise, how would all the Applebees and TGI Fridays of the world have anyone to work as servers. Most of them are under 21.

That would make sense then.

Canada is 18 as well.....that goes for drinking too.:cool:

I bartended at 18.

Not helpful since everyone's answered, haha, just $0.02.

It doesnt really make sense, but (as the others said) in a lot of states you can sell alchohol at 18 even though you cant legally buy or drink it until age 21.

It doesnt really make sense, but (as the others said) in a lot of states you can sell alchohol at 18 even though you cant legally buy or drink it until age 21.

It may be a vestige from the days when the drinking age was generally 18. Congress tied highway funds to raising the legal drinking age to 21 but apparently didn't require states to raise the serving age. So they didn't.

I'm 19 and I sell alcohol here at my Country Club (PA).

It's 18 to serve liquor here in Florida. I was a hostess from 16-18 and once I turned 18 I was allowed to be a server because I was finally old enough to serve alcohol.

It's 18 to serve liquor here in Florida. I was a hostess from 16-18 and once I turned 18 I was allowed to be a server because I was finally old enough to serve alcohol.

And in a few years, you'll be able to legally drink!

And in a few years, you'll be able to legally drink!

LOL I remember the days of having a fake ID. I got caught twice!! Had to serve 7 hours of community service, that was no fun....the moral of the story is underage drinking is wrong kids, don't do it :alien:

I went to buy a lottery ticket the other day and the guy at the counter asked for my ID, I thought that was great!

Just a side note....I am over the age of 25.

I think it's tied with curfews. We had curfews where I came from that ended when you hit 18. So it makes sense you should be able to do any job. (Bars and such, if they were to hire 16 year olds, would lose them at midnight anyway, the busiest time, so that wouldn't make sense. An 18 year old is different.)

I also think it was tied with smoking...I REEKED of smoke coming home. Would go against the "18 to smoke" policy to be around that much smoke at 16. (That was pre-smoking ban, of course.)

I personally always found it kind of silly that you are considered to be an adult at age 18 and can serve/sell alchohol at 18 but cant buy/consume alchohol until 21.
IMO, if you are considered to be an adult in the eyes of the law and can sign up to fight and die for your country at 18, you should be allowed to buy/drink alchohol at 18.

I'm not disagreeing with your points Bake, but I believe the point (or one of them) of the legislation was to get the ability to buy alcohol out of high schools.

Problem with that Harry, is that I was buying it before age 18. You just had to know where to go that would sell it to you. And more than beer, we were buying at liquor stores too.

I never had a problem getting beer in high school.

Thanks for all the answers guys/gals. I have never understood the you can serve it at 18 but you can't drink it until 21 rule. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :confused2: But it's the government so no more needs said.

I thought this thread was going to have pictures of cart girls.......

If you ask him nicely, Harry might provide some bunker babes.

At the age of 21, what is stopping from most teens to get liquor? It's rediculously simple nowadays.

Back