captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A number of clubs in our area, including the club we joined, require a riding cart or caddy. Some at all times, others during certain times, for example, before 10 am on weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Faced with the choice, which would you choose?

I am planning on taking a caddy, given the choice. I would rather walk than ride, and the caddy program at our club is pretty strong. I would rather spend a little bit more and support the program.

Tough question as I prefer to walk but I also am frugal because I buy to many clubs.

If I was given the option I would walk. Walking without pushing a cart or carrying a bag is easy.

I definitely prefer to walk. So if the cost were similar enough, I’d opt for a caddy most times.

A caddy would allow me to walk a course so yeah im all in for that!

I would rather walk, so a caddy for me

That would be a great option to have. I'd roll with the caddy in a heart beat.

A caddy would be preferable if the course is a good walking course. If it winds through a subdivision I would probably lean cart.

I would go caddy. Walking should only be allowed with a caddy!!

I don't need a caddy. I'd take the cart every time unless its a special course

I don't need a caddy. I'd take the cart every time unless its a special course
I am a huge anti walker as you know haha but walking with a caddy is pretty damn cool

I am a huge anti walker as you know haha but walking with a caddy is pretty damn cool
No doubt but to me thats reserved for special courses like I said. I wouldn't want one every day. Then again...I've never had the opportunity to do that so maybe I would change my mind if I belonged to a course that had them.

Hmmm...I am going cart.

Follow up on my original question:

If cost is equal, which do you choose?

At what point would the extra cost of a caddy push you into a cart?

I don't know. I am a huge fan of walking. However the times I used a caddy at top end courses they wanted to pull my clubs for me. Not good.

Played in China with Caddies that rode on the carts with us and carried a selection of clubs out to our ball. They gave great green reading tips and did not tell us what to hit. I liked that better and I walked most of the time.

If pay extra for a caddie. They are trying to make a living out there in a difficult job and I’d support them however I could.

Plus just having side conversations and to laugh and talk through a round is a welcome distraction to cart driving

I would go with Caddie. I like walking ,and since I have never played with a caddie, let's hope its a good experience.

If I was playing somewhere like that just once I MIGHT choose the caddy. I’ve never walked and I’ve never played with a caddy, so it might be an interesting experience. If it was somewhere I play regularly I’d go with the cart.

Of course, it’s really a moot point for me. I doubt I ever play a anywhere where a caddy is even an option.

It depends on the course and the weather. If it's an enjoyable walking course and the weather was conducive to it, it would be fun to walk it with a caddy. Anything outside of that, I'll be in the cart.

I mean if I'm paying for a cart, I may as well pay for a caddie and get some help out there! I also really enjoy walking on the course too so that sways the decision as well.

Caddy. However Caddy fees are generally much higher than cart fees. My club is a caddy club before 12 on Friday-Sunday and almost everyone who is physically capable walks with a caddy. This year caddies were optional and they didn't get used much.

Back