Cart path only days - impact your score or just an inconvenience?

Probably more of an inconvenience, yet with my arthritic knees I do feel it after the round is over. The inconvenience is taking a few clubs to the ball, making sure the unused clubs' grips remain dry, etc... I don't think it affects my score too much though.

Right now since I'm not the good I only grab 2 clubs & make the best out of what I have. Is it a PIA yes, does it effect my score, probably.

Hate cart path only. Slows the round down so much. Inevitably hit the wrong club multiple times.

I let CPO bother me too much so yeah it usually impacts my play if I'm riding that day.

Even if I'm not riding, I struggle in sloppy conditions

I feel like it's ten times worse on a course I've never played before. It's never quite what I expected when I get to my ball. Absolutely pulling my bag and taking it out there with me on anything questionable going forward.

Just another way of saying I can't get on the golf course because I can't walk much.

Impacts my score. I’m fine on the front. But by the last few holes, I don’t have my legs under me like I normally do. Can’t put as much power into shots, can’t get the hips turned powerfully, etc. Doesn’t necessarily ruin a round or anything, but I can definitely tell a difference. Other side effect is the time. Takes longer, slows down the round.

Impacts my score because it seems like no matter how many clubs I take with me, I still end up missing the one I need.

Just a PITA. Like @Canadan said if it's CPO but they'll let me walk, I'd rather walk if the course is semi walker friendly.

I normally walk, so its not a huge deal to me either way but back in the days when I always took a cart, it was more an inconvenience because Id have to actually walk from the cart path to my ball and sometimes if I would get to my ball and change my mind about what club I wanted to hit, Id have to walk back to the cart.
I wouldnt think that it would negatively impact someone's score, if anything it should help because it forces you to slow down a bit.

That’s gotta be a slow miserable round. Taking a push cart is one thing. Riding and then taking your bag on and off? No.... canceling tee time! I’d have to think if I can see my ball on the other side of the fairway parallel to me I’d shoot my range finder from the cart, get a half azz distance and take 2 clubs over I guess.

Typically, just a minor inconvenience. It only affects my score when the course has become sloppy wet, and those instances when even though I've taken several clubs with me I misjudged and didn't bring the one I really needed. :oops:

Doesn’t really bother me, walking anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suck regardless if it's rain or shine. Not a fan of cart path only but hey, it's still better than not being out there!

I'm a walker and hate it. Means a 5 hour round is almost certain. guys having to walk 50 yards from the cart path to the other side of the fairway to search for a ball.

I know it’s not possible at every course but I just walk on CPO days. If anything I generally score a little better walking. It’s not as social of an event as riding in a cart with someone (when that used to be permitted) and I’m thinking about my next shot the entire walk instead of when I zip my way to it, usually chatting with my cartner.

Wasn’t too hateful yesterday just fun to try to play as close to cart path golf as possible haha. Only a few times where I had to trek across the fairway.

Is it a pain? Yeah a little but not something that forces me to walk.

It impacts my score but not because I am walking more. It’s because some places are just so wet you have to pick it perfectly clean for a quality shot. The slightest bit fat sometimes just sucks your club down in the muck with horrendous results.

Back