OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone used this company/site? Let me know what your experience was like.

We literally just bought a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee from vroom and just got it a few days ago.
I’m assuming these 2 companies are a lot alike.
I could write a short story on this but I rather I don’t...
There are lots of pros and cons to this. Keeping the upper hand or skin in the game will get you somewhere fast, if not, it could be a long process with a lot of uncertainties.
Let me ask this first, are you buying outright or trading in and purchase?

I drive by the car vending machine everyday I go into work, and a good friend is their software development program manager. But I've never purchased a car from them.

I would have used them had they had the car I wanted. I did a lot of checking on them and they generally seem to have good reviews. Hell, it’s worth buying a car from them just to use the giant vending machine!!!!!

We literally just bought a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee from vroom and just got it a few days ago.
I’m assuming these 2 companies are a lot alike.
I could write a short story on this but I rather I don’t...
There are lots of pros and cons to this. Keeping the upper hand or skin in the game will get you somewhere fast, if not, it could be a long process with a lot of uncertainties.
Let me ask this first, are you buying outright or trading in and purchase?

It would be outright. No trade. Care to elaborate on the "upper hand or skin in the game"?

Hell, it’s worth buying a car from them just to use the giant vending machine!!!!!

Haha... that's what MrsOG and I were just talking about. They'll bring it to your driveway or you can use the vending machine. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Especially, since the vending machine is like 3 miles from home.

I nearly sold my car through Carvana recently. Their offer was very competitive. Didn’t engage past the offer phase as I decided not to upgrade.

We just bought a 2013 Nissan Rogue for our son using Carvana. So far so good. Low miles decent price. We had 7 days to test drive it and if there were issues we could return it and look for another car. Still waiting on the registration which should be coming soon. Kinda scary buying a car like this I won’t lie. But if you do your research I think it can work.

Oh and no vending machine for us. It was delivered by flat bed to house. 😩

A friend of mine bought a Ford F 350 truck from Carvana. From a price point he saved about $5k he said, when compared with local Ford dealers. The problem he had was them finding a truck to sell him. It took a couple weeks.

They dropped his truck off with flat bed tow truck. A quick inspection a few paint chips, Carvana has agreed to take care of. Not sure how. Also, I'm not sure how the Nevada 8.1% sales tax was handled.

It went so well for him, we are planning to give them a shot on my wife's next car.

I looked at a few cars from them online at it looks very impressive. But, if you look at Consumer Reports and a few others they have horrendous reviews. Some really scary nightmare stories. Not a chance I'm willing to take for the price of a car. A peer of mine sold her car to them and said it was a very easy transaction.

You said a month ago or so you were starting a new job, where at?

Compared to a dealership you will save roughly $5k. And you will get more for your car when trading in, a lot more.

Sold my car to them about 6ish weeks ago.
Very easy and smooth process. Was given a very fair price. I had a good experience and would do business with again.

We looked but could not find what we wanted from them. I have 2 friends that have bought and both said it was super easy and they will do it again. We basically narrowed down the cars we wanted from cars.com, Carvana, and Carmax. Went to test drive at Carmax and the dealership who had the car we liked on cars.com. went home and decided to purchase on cars.com. We reserved it online, went to back to the dealership the next day and wrote them a check. Be careful on cars.com though. Some dealers will try to say stupid stuff like that's an online only price which makes no sense.

Yes....
You said you were going to spend less time here, had a post about income going up or something to that affect. I say all this because I’m wondering did you get a job with carvana....

Yes....
You said you were going to spend less time here, had a post about income going up or something to that affect. I say all this because I’m wondering did you get a job with carvana....
I see what you did right there..... lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I see what you did right there..... lol

my mind works differently than others, im telling you its a gift, thank you.

Yes....

That's a negative. I did get a small promotion, but I'm still a federal employee and, barring a very lucrative offer from a private company, I will be for at least 13ish more years.

I’m not a fan of buying any vehicle from a dealership or auto mart who have a no haggle” price!

Sold a car to them for my daughter. Car was collecting dust as she is a city dweller and uses Uber or public transportation all the time. Process was simple and we got more then the dealer quote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sold a car to them for my daughter. Car was collecting dust as she is a city dweller and uses Uber or public transportation all the time. Process was simple and we got more then the dealer quote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is their best benefit, trade-in/purchase. As others have commented, their ability to get exactly what you want on a new vehicle (options, etc) is where they may have trouble because they are not tied to a manufacturer - and have to acquire your desired vehicle via dealer trade. This limits their willingness to haggle with you because they have to cover their expense.

I think someone said it previously, if you are willing to "play the game" at the dealership (not Carvana) and will hold out, or even walk away, you can get the price you are seeking...or very close to it anyway.

Back